Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
2025 has over 700 guns in it, two of which are an Orbital Laser and a 4 person coop Mech. Pack it in other games, it's GOTY 2014 already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

EDF 2025 is gonna own face!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxUWIJ0DgsI 2025 already owns. :911:

e: I can't fix the time marker, just skip to five minutes in.

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Feb 1, 2014

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Jonny Retro posted:

IGN did a series of videos on this last week. The first two are missing the in game sound for some reason.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEQTYAb0vjY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBREc2RrBYQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nICGuSFQEGk

Background guy sounded way more knowledgeable about the game than the product manager, who was clearly looking at notes, did.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

FuSchnick posted:

The important part is being able to punch the other player for friendly fire.

I think you mean, "fire that prominence MA/Stampede XM right at me, I'll stall them with my body".

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I'm buying 3 copies on the 360.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Samurai Sanders posted:

Many of you probably know my opinion on this already but EDF4 owns. It owns. I needed to say that twice. It's everything I ever hoped for and more. I had like 100 hours in it, and then started up a new game with a new PSN profile and I'm at about 30 hours now. I only have one question though: with the foreign versions interact with the Japanese version for multiplayer? You can never be sure about those things.

edit: The OP needs to be changed to reflect that there is not "an" orbital laser, there are at least six different orbital laser systems that do somewhat different things. And cruise missiles, and bombing raids, and air to surface autocannon attacks...

edit: IA is an absolute piece of poo poo compared to EDF4. They should not be mentioned in the same sentence.

I honestly thought that there was only one orbital laser, I think it's called God's Wrath/Anger, I dunno I'm bad at japanese.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Samurai Sanders posted:

And only two games in the history of the PS3 have been region locked.

edit: I was playing today and ran into the first person I have seen yet with 100% mission completion (which means all difficulty levels of all stages by all four characters). He had exactly 10,000 armor, so maybe that is the maximum?

It could thats just as high as it displays. 2017's counter stopped at 9999 but your actual health cap was basically limitless.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
First review I could find: http://www.gameblog.fr/tests/1654-earth-defense-force-2025-360-ps3. 4/5 Stars

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
IA's inferno ending was pretty drat funny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scsVrk7TBCg

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Capoeira Capybara posted:

I've been reading about EDF on here for a while, and I'm thinking about getting this new one for my son and I to play. He's been watching me play XCOM: EW and is all about killing aliens.

That said, the "M" rating gives me pause. Is it just for comically plentiful alien blood, or does the game get really gruesome or have really strong language? I wanna waste some invaders with my kid, but not if it will warp his young mind!

I'm taking a quick break right now, but if you want I can stream some of the game on twitch?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Bussamove posted:

Played for several hours yesterday in couch co-op, and I love Air Raider. Summoning so many mechs, blowing up so much poo poo with air strikes. gently caress your support, I am a front line fighter. :black101:

New vehicles seem pretty rare, though. Did I just have bad luck, or are there not very many of them kicking around?

Vehicles only really start appearing on hard and higher difficulty. Titans are pretty rocking.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

ChibiSoma posted:

Hooooly shiiiit! How do you avoid the Genocide Gun?! I was like half a mile away and still got completely annihilated by it! Subsequent attempts were even worse, I barely got to the Shieldbearer. This is for 32, "Thunder."

You can blow it up.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I made thingy for weapon grinding: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3heZM0SEnQ

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

haveblue posted:

When do the vehicles show up? I think I'm on mission 40 or so and none yet.

Vehicles are now exclusive to Air Raider class only.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Section Z posted:

The ant can run as fast as it wants, but Insects can not progress faster than science to escape their sweet hat :downs:

This is the best sentence ever. I'd like to nominate this has a new thread title.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I literally just said I feel fairly confident that we're going to beat this mission and then literally 2 seconds later I got disconnected from live. I'll be back Rabid when I can connect to live again.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
The Air Raider's death roombas are pretty fun for the cave missions.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Guess who just literally, as he was reading this, got one? :chord: I'm not sure I'll ever be able to summon one in an actual mission, it costs 9000 points for a single hot drop.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

general chaos posted:

I need to know which mission that Proteus can be obtained in. And then we need to farm the hell out of that mission until it drops.

Mission 11 on Inferno is where I got mine. I suspect there's multiple versions of it because it's level is only 53.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

rawdog pozfail posted:

Doing some hard online coop (level 16 now) on 360. Message gimea rubdown or join through the metatag

e: full

I totally wanna get in on this later but first I have to go get dinner, I'll be back on in an hour or so, so if a spot opens up throw me an invite.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
So I just figured out that your battle history in the multiplayer menu gives you all of your stats and tells you how many guns you have.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Megazording with a Proteus is actually really cool. I also got a pretty freaking sweet helicopter that shoots lasers.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I met my first modder last night and he had something like a billion health. He dragged me and a couple friends through some missions on inferno because I quote "it is my job as a Storm 1 member to drag all of your sorry asses kicking and screaming through inferno". He then proceeded to yell/chant all 3 versions of the EDF battle hymn.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

rawdog pozfail posted:

I'd join you but I just spent the last few days powering through the online campaign on hard so I don't want to re-do it quite yet. If anyone wants to play some midrange Hard missions (I think I'm up to like level 40) post here or message gimea rubdown through the metatag, I'll probably be on for a few hours too.

I laughed super hard last night at "incoming message from Sydney, ...it's only a partial message... What does swallowed whole mean?" EDF is the best game this year I swear.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Does anybody have the Japanese weapon list handy? I can't seem to find it.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Samurai Sanders posted:

This wiki has a full weapon list divided up by character, is that what you mean?

Yes this was exactly what I was looking for, thanks.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
:stare: The sky really does attack you, this game is bananas.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Heads up, mission 45 is a great inferno grinding level.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Brasseye posted:

Does anyone know the best way to get high level (50+) weapons? I have a few already and playing mission 14 on inferno gets some decent loot but I have played that mission to death now. I am on mission 60 or 70 something in the storyline, playing hard on 80% of the missions and normal for the ones that are too difficult and playing 2 player co op the whole time.

I heard that the DLC pack missions might be good for getting new weapons? Could anyone tell me which pack and level specifically? After a LOT of attempts we managed to beat one of the final set of missions on hardest mode and the loot was very underwhelming so I feel like inferno might be the only way for me to get better loot at this point.

Mission 45 Blue Thunder is a Hector only level and has up to level 75 drop pool on inferno.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I made some things about things I like doing in EDF.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
So I guess a footnote, uh, don't use the enhanced howitzer, it keeps soft locking my xbox. It's lots of explosions though.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Night10194 posted:

I have no idea how to fly these helicopters. I've figured out all the other vehicles but I just can't control the drat things.

LT/L2 is ascend, RT/R2 is primary weapon, Rb/R1 is secondary fire, left and right on the left stick is banking, and left and right on the right stick is for turning.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
:stare: I just got a Busterlord Vegalta, it fires the Howitzer shells that the Air Raider calls in with smoke flares.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I'm at 390 guns collected and still don't have the 50% weapons unlocked achievement. How many guns are in this game?! :catstare:

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

haveblue posted:

Does this game have an equivalent of the Stampede from 2017? (It fired a shotgun spread of impact grenades.)

The Stampede is in the game, there's 3 versions of it. I think the lowest level one is mid 20's.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Hyperactive posted:

Hey, so the Air Raider starts with some deploy points for air raids and vehicles.

Do we know how many? Does it increase with higher stages? Difficulty levels?

He starts with 3500/4000 and no you can not increase the starting amount.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Marogareh posted:

The Brutus flamethrower helicopter starts with less than full but I'm not sure about the other Brutus ones if there are any. I learned that the hard way on a retiarius map :negative:

It's okay because all of the brutes are 3 persons required just to attack with it.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
So while farming for ZEXR turrets I got a Rule of God, and it is massively dope. I had thought that it was like some crazy Satellite Blaster but nope, it's secret EDF tech that was never officially made that hijacks an orbiting mothership and forces it to fire its Genocide Cannon at your marker.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Hyperactive posted:

Uh. So where'd you pick that up?
Mission 16 on Inferno in DLC 2

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

What's your strategy here? I've got about 1600 health, but the later levels still destroy me pretty quick on Inferno.

Spam Railgun Tanks. I grinded mission 11 until I got a level 55 Railgun tank MD4 then switched to mission 45 until I managed to get a 69 blast railgun, then I switched to mission 72 until I got ZEX turrets. For grinding the spider caves my gear was: Splender Chain Gun (switched to Splender Shot AX when I got it), ZEX turrets, and I had about 1900ish health. It was pretty rough at first learning where to set up choke points but after that I started getting like an 85% success rate. If you have a spare controller sitting around, I totally recommend setting up a second air raider with nothing ZEX turrets and using it as kind of like a multiple lines of defense thing.

E: Splender is the only type of limpet gun you can take as it stuns the spiders. Explosive will not work out well.

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Mar 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

I also made a quick guide video for grinding DLC 2 Mission 16: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Uu5U5lw1vI