Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

They're totally random to find so just try out new brothers or sisters as you come across them. Some of my faves are the Iron Rain EDF characters though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

ninjewtsu posted:

isn't that tracked per class per difficulty level? so if you complete a level on normal with wing diver, than hard with air raider, that's still just a normal difficulty completion tracked for WD?

Correct. You need to beat each difficulty with each class for 100%. For all that I loving love EDF that's an insane level of completionism that really shouldn't be in a modern game lol.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Shine posted:

hhhhnnnfgffghhhhhhh i wanna shoot a bug so loving bad

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Theswarms posted:

It is always the air raiders fault.

Ftfy

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

grate deceiver posted:

But they look just like us

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

They're also made of wet tissue paper, especially if you haven't been playing it since the start and picking up armor boxes with them.

Nothing like diving in and shoving a Rapier into a UFO's weak point or a bug rear end though.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Mr Phillby posted:

It and iron rain are perfevtly fun and competent 3rd person co op shooters they just lack a bit of that real edf magic imo.

I even recomend iron rain for people who wanna get into playing wing diver as the jet lifter can help you get into the movement without overwhelming with the energy system and some of the wackier weapon types. Flying around with fencer swords in iron rain was good fun.

Edit: i also approve of rolling ranger/air raider into one so thexair raider can defend themselves with actuak guns and the ranger can have fun poo poo again but i think air raider players tended to disagre. Never got into the prowl rider but the attack on titan zipwire class feels like something sandlot could have elaborated on very well like they did with the new classes in IA.

I really, really like Prowl Rider. The grapple gun felt extremely good to use and made you insanely mobile. Also just being able to whip out a bug to ride around on and fight other bugs with was hilarious, even if they didn't scale at all well into the end game.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Psion posted:

hey, thanks for all the good tips! I'll try some of these out next time I play. We're in a co-op squad so 'you will blow up your teammate with this gun' is a positive, really :v:

and yes I'm dash jumping my heart out as fencer but these +1 dash/+1 jump equipment items are not cutting it. I'm bad. I need like, +5 of each, at least. Surely I'll get them someday...

it's been forever but there's a trick that lets you cancel into chaining dashes or something using a particular type of boost and for the life of me I don't remember what it is.

My pro-tip for Fencer is once you unlock a shoulder mounted missile launcher that fires a missile that arcs over everything to get to its target and then airbursts above them, slam two of those in one equipment swap and never have to change off it for like 30+ levels. They're ridiculous and satisfying. You can alternate firing them and one will come off CD as the other finishes launching.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Tristesse posted:

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

EDF EDF EDF!!

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Azhais posted:

thisisanoutrage.jpg

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Iron Rain well worth a play and Prowl Rider is some serious fun. Who needs vehicles when you summon your giant spider friend to ride around on.

Some of the outfit unlocks are very lol, lmao though.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

if you're not gonna equip the turtle launcher why even bother

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Max Wilco posted:

I saw a tweet the other day recommending EDF5 (it's currently $18 on Steam)

I thought about picking it up, but then I remembered that I bought EDF 4.1, and I haven't played it yet (or any EDF game for that matter).

The tweet also mentioned a mod for it called Lootmaster, saying it was essential. I did a search, and it says it makes it so that it auto-collects all the crates once you clear a mission.

I don't know anything about EDF (other than that you shoot giant bugs), so I just wanted to ask if there were any major differences between EDF 4.1 and EDF 5, if I should grab EDF5 now, and if there's a similar mod for EDF 4.

4 has some great moments and weapons, but 5 is just the better game. On top of that, the early missions are literally the same up to like the 30-40 range, as 5 is a retelling/alternative version of 4's overall story.

You can play both, but you will burn out most likely trying to do them consecutively. I'd personally recc 5.

And while scrambling to grab crates at the end of a mission is kind of part of the EDF experience, it's a poo poo one and if you wanna slam the mod in go for it. It is a significant QoL improvement.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

imagine not playing fencer and dashing around before slamming bugs with your extendo lance of doom.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

raverrn posted:

gently caress you I am Gun Man I cam to fight these aliens with a Shotgun and maybe some Grenades like the Founding Fathers Intended.

you can do that too with Fencer, it's great. Except you aren't slow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

by.a.teammate posted:

Amazing thanks for the all the replies! That humble bundle seems an easy win

to toss my 2 cents in: pick either 4.1 or 5 from the bundle to start with. Whichever one you pick, if you end up really clicking with it you're gonna be playing every single EDF from the bundle anyway (maybe excluding World Brothers)

EDF games are kinda just like that. Once you play one, you're gonna play the rest.