Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Aww poo poo I gotta get a Japan account set up on my ps4 for this

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I was expecting them to just tack new levels on to the end but instead they've slipped them in throughout the campaign. They've also changed a lot of the older stages, mostly in the interest of making poo poo even more ridiculous than it was before. It's awesome.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

How do people grind for armor? Everyone I play with has hundreds more than me right out of the gate, with like the same completion percentage. It's like everyone in Japan got together and agreed not to go online until after grinding a ton.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

hamburgers in pockets posted:

I'm curious how exactly PS+ works with this. Do you all have JP PS+ subscriptions or can you play online just fine if you're playing this on a US account with an active PS+ subscription?

Doesn't matter what region your plus account is

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Neo Helbeast posted:

Yo so it totally won't let play anything beside level 1, everything else just has a rotating loading(?) icon and is greyed out. Everything appears to finished downloading, so what's up.

Sounds like you've only downloaded the bare minimum to begin playing and the rest is still silently downloading in the background. Go to the game icon in the ps4 main menu and hit the options button and then go to information to see how much is actually downloaded.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Neo Helbeast posted:

Ok, I'm at 4.5 gigs out of 6.1 so that's why. This playing games before they're finished downloaded is weird to me and make feel like a videogame grampa because I don't understand the point of it.

It's really dumb that there isn't a big notice like HEY YOU HAVEN'T ACTUALLY DOWNLOADED THE WHOLE GAME YET anywhere.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I wasn't sure if that was new or something that only happened in later stages or higher difficulties that I never saw in 2025

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Japanese people don't use voice chat

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Kuso Meriken posted:

Can anyone say if the net code is any better with 4.1? My friends and I tried playing 4 on PS3 and kept getting disconnected. That combined with the long load times meant we played maybe 1 mission every half hour. (this was around launch, not sure if they patched it).

Also, how are the load times as well?

I've only had one big disconnect in my time with 4.1, and considering everyone I've played with is on the other side of the planet it seems pretty solid.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

EDF2 vita is coming out in english.
http://gematsu.com/2015/05/earth-defense-force-2-invaders-planet-space-coming-north-america-this-fal

XSEED has an unannounced ps4 action game on their e3 lineup too so maybe it's 4.1.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It's happening, fall 2015.
https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/606869070659600384

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Broseph Brostar posted:

Great news, but I dunno if I can convince my gf to play through it for the 4th time.

fwiw it's not the exact same. A lot of stages have been changed, some are on different maps, there's new enemy behavior, and there are new stages too.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Was MONSTER weak before? Love that thing in 4.1

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Marogareh posted:

For those that have 4.1, how is the online? Is it a total shitshow with random disconnects,crashes,freezing, black screens or does it have an actual semblance of stability?

Never had any problems

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The loading times are really short too

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Talkc posted:

What are the snafu's associated with having a sub account in a different region. Im assuming PS+ etc doesnt carry over, but are there also purchasing issues?

I basically just want to see what kind of hoops it would take my Australian friend to jump through to play this with me assuming the NA and EU versions dont share servers.

He just needs a valid payment method for the region the account is in. Paypal, psn cards, something.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Marogareh posted:

It loving sucks that 4.1 got delayed to December 8th apparently. At least I'll have yakuza 5 and the bloodborne dlc to tide me over. I saw some new videos of the localization and how the depth crawler appears in tunnels is hilarious to me.

now look what you did

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i've never put much time into air raider so i might go with that too.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

IIRC you need a melee wep in one hand and a shield in the other, then you just alternate dashes and shield thrusts to get around very quickly.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Is it on psn yet

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

gently caress it i'll just play the japanese version

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

holy crap can i get anyone who doesn't feel like throwing themselves at ants for hard difficulty

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Day Man posted:

Alright, just started this, and it seems pretty cool. I'm playing as an air raider. Is there any way to sprint? The movement is infuriatingly slow

rolling is faster than running

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

lol mission 11 is hosed on hard mode now

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I've seen rumblings about the Fencer getting a new evade in 4.1...can someone tell me exactly what that is? I'm a dumbo who can't figure it out.

When you get launched you can dash to recover quickly instead of having to wait for yourself to stop ragdolling. Wing Diver can do the same

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Mr Phillby posted:

Finally got the time to download this today.

I never really got into playing Air Raider last time around, fixing that mistake right now. Blasting bugs in a gold-plated Spider Tank is a pretty good start. It wouldn't be EDF if you could actually control the thing once you're on a wall though!

the aiming gets so hosed up like i'm not even sure how it's intended to work

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

man the difficulty in some of these missions got hosed the hell up by adding shitloads of enemies to them. who would've thought

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

these godzilla stages are just bad

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

MaNiAk posted:

After playing for 9 hours straight, how the hell do you even use Balaams?

you walk up and mash r1 and l1 until either you or it dies

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Happy Hedonist posted:

How do you make your character sing more than one line of the amazing songs? THE EDF DEPLOYS!!

You can put all the parts on the wheel you get when you use the touchpad.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Content Descriptors: Blood, Language, Violence

Other: Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB (PlayStation 4)

Rating Summary: This is a third-person shooter in which players assume the role of military soldiers defending cities from giant insects and aliens. Players use lasers, machine guns, turrets, and rockets launchers to destroy alien robots, spacecraft and creatures (e.g., ants, spiders, dragons). Players can also use jet packs, tanks, and helicopters to fight enemies in frenetic combat. Battles are accompanied by realistic gunfire and large explosions. Large splashes of red blood frequently appear when creatures are hit and when human characters are attacked. The word “sh*t” appears in the dialogue.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The Macaroni posted:

Where'd you find this full info? Would be an interesting site to hold onto.

http://www.esrb.org/ They put these super clinical descriptions up for every game they rate. Some of them are pretty funny.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Ultimate Mango posted:

Are weapons shared across character classes? I started with the regular soldier but I think wing diver looks like a lot of fun once you have some armor.

nope, every class has different weapons and you can only collect them while playing as that class. armor isn't shared either.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

That mission got way harder in 4.1. Try hiding beneath the highway to the left of where you start

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Turtlicious posted:

"Skip Cutscenes = No"

Still, no Cutscenes play in game.

What Gives EDF, I want to share the goofy story with my GF.

cutscenes dont play in multiplayer if that's what you're doing

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I hope we get to fight the moon. Not like on the moon or ants from the moon, I want the moon itself to come over to earth so I can shoot it.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Hire that guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

There is a final boss, it's the entire sky