Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Wait, I can put my sniper turrets onto my vehicles?

Is it better for my wife and I to continue to try to beat the game on hard mode, or should we use our new items to breeze through the easy mode? It seems like playing on easy now would just be a waste and not give us any useful items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
The easier modes might fill in your weapons with the lower level sets but yah, they generally won't be particularly useful to you. Maybe find an easy map to farm weapons at an even higher difficulty if you're feel like you're hitting a wall.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Day Man posted:

Helicopters have rotors.

The turrets stick to rotors.

You know what to do.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Sage Grimm posted:

The easier modes might fill in your weapons with the lower level sets but yah, they generally won't be particularly useful to you. Maybe find an easy map to farm weapons at an even higher difficulty if you're feel like you're hitting a wall.

Easy levels are also good for armor grinding.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
Effective is secondary to awesome.

This is why I Ranger with air tortoise/air tortoise.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Day Man posted:

Is it better for my wife and I to continue to try to beat the game on hard mode, or should we use our new items to breeze through the easy mode? It seems like playing on easy now would just be a waste and not give us any useful items.

A nice simple playthrough is playing Normal, then taking a return trip to a no nonsense level on Hard (or if feeling up to it, Very Hard) to try and get some better weapons.

I forget the range, but for example playing level 2 on Hard will get you level 15-20 weaponry drops. While playing it on normal will get you level 0-whatever drops. So dip into Hard Mode levels around your current point whenever you want to scrounge for weapons to slap normal in the face.

I would honestly suggest sticking mostly to Normal for your first playthrough. Because all the armor drops you get over time add up, and things only ramp up more over time. The only downside to lower difficulties is lower grade weapon drops more meant for the difficulty you are currently playing. But you are allowed to play any difficulty at any time.

I love the disclaimer like text for all the difficulty settings. Especially Inferno "You do not need to play on this difficulty"

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Are there still rewards for beating every level on a difficulty with a given class?

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

keyboard vomit posted:

Helicopters have rotors.

The turrets stick to rotors.

You know what to do.

gently caress. Yes.

Thanks for the advice, everyone! We'll do some more normal levels to build up our armor.

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011

Day Man posted:

It's pretty epic, you can just walk through buildings and it has a huge armor value. It doesn't seem to have any attack options, though, sadly. You can punch, but it punches straight ahead, like 40 meters in the air. I believe it crushes ants and spiders if you step on them, but it's so slow that it's difficult to do. Does anyone know if it gets more useful later in the game?

You can aim down and punch the ground, that'll kill ants much quicker than stomping. A good enough walking fortress + mission 27 on Inferno (red ants only) is one of the common weapon farming methods. All classes can pilot the fortress, BTW, it's not restricted to Ranger and Air Raider like the other vehicles.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

Day Man posted:

It's pretty epic, you can just walk through buildings and it has a huge armor value. It doesn't seem to have any attack options, though, sadly. You can punch, but it punches straight ahead, like 40 meters in the air. I believe it crushes ants and spiders if you step on them, but it's so slow that it's difficult to do. Does anyone know if it gets more useful later in the game?

There are godzilla fights, aren't there? And fights against giant alien mechs. That's what I seem to remember from trailers, at any rate.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

GDF mission 70 is loving impossible. 50 spiders, a huge bomber and a bunch of other poo poo in the first wave, then a huge spider, a 25 segment centipede, a dozen bombers and at least 6 mechs. Can't go 2 feet without getting juggled by explosions.

Arach
Oct 3, 2003

Dive! Dive! Di... are you diving yet?
Grimey Drawer
It's probably been 10 years since I've RTFM'ed a manual for a game, but was worth it. Turns out Armour/Weapon drops are shared across whole team.

Oh thank god! :)

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

lets hang out posted:

When you get launched you can dash to recover quickly instead of having to wait for yourself to stop ragdolling. Wing Diver can do the same

Thanks dude! I appreciate it.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Obsurveyor posted:

There are 98 missions. :D
And about 25 more for each mission pack DLC that will be released eventually.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Are there still missions that you can only play online, or did they fold those into the offline mode now?

Oh yeah, has anyone gotten any Dream Club stuff yet? I want stupid pink anime tanks and maid girl balloons to stick on everything!

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

XSEED are doing a Twitch stream with EDF2 if that interests you. http://www.twitch.tv/xseed_games

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Finally got the time to download this today.

I never really got into playing Air Raider last time around, fixing that mistake right now. Blasting bugs in a gold-plated Spider Tank is a pretty good start. It wouldn't be EDF if you could actually control the thing once you're on a wall though!

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Making a room on ps4 called "juicy steak crew"

starting on hard mission 01 I guess

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Mr Phillby posted:

Finally got the time to download this today.

I never really got into playing Air Raider last time around, fixing that mistake right now. Blasting bugs in a gold-plated Spider Tank is a pretty good start. It wouldn't be EDF if you could actually control the thing once you're on a wall though!

the aiming gets so hosed up like i'm not even sure how it's intended to work

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

lets hang out posted:

You know how when some people play Mario Kart they turn the whole controller? It's like that but you have to stand on your head

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
The spider-tank definitely has a learning curve but the more I use it the more I become slightly competent at doing so, so stick with it if you like it. Still can't quite master climbing up the wall in that one underground mission where you start off under the bridge though.

Slab_Bulkhead
Mar 17, 2009
Looking forward to getting some time with this later this weekend. Feel free to add me, PSN same as my username.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Man this game owns. It's basically the most videogamey videogame ever. Livethebruce on PSN if anyone wants to group up, I am about a third of the way through hard but am down to play whatever.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

It's weird that people would say fencer is not a good solo class. It's fantastic because you can plan for every single situation.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Any goons up for some EDF tonight? I'll be online for the nex few hours if anyone's game.

PSN: Retro42JL

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

lets hang out posted:

As far as I can tell it follows the same rules as the regular tanks, which is hard enough to wrap my head around without the added complication of being both upsidedown and pointing to the left of the screen.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

e: nvm internet is loving up

Trash Trick fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Dec 12, 2015

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

4 hours on the game clock since finishing with infantry and starting Pale Wing and my guns have achieved Enlightenment

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I too would like to defend mother earth from giant alien attack. PSN is DoctorCatHaver.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

a cop posted:

e: nvm internet is loving up

Yeah that poo poo was weird, my ps4 stopped wanting to sync bluetooth, all my controllers just blinked, I dunno wtf.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Just bought 4.1, I am ready to do this thing. PSN: Darknight630

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Light Gun Man posted:

Yeah that poo poo was weird, my ps4 stopped wanting to sync bluetooth, all my controllers just blinked, I dunno wtf.
I've gotten this bug like four times so far since I got my PS4. It takes forcibly turning the PS4 off and back on to get controllers working again.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

gibbed posted:

I've gotten this bug like four times so far since I got my PS4. It takes forcibly turning the PS4 off and back on to get controllers working again.

Yeah that's what I did. I was trying to connect a bluetooth keyboard at the time, probably hosed something up there.

Also hey saw you in that XSEED stream earlier!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

man the difficulty in some of these missions got hosed the hell up by adding shitloads of enemies to them. who would've thought

Bruc
May 30, 2006
a_cop you are a hell of an EDF'sman, I may have accidentally killed you like 8 times with air strikes yet we kept beating each level with every dead person singing the edf song as they waited for revives.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Oh yeah, sorry for picking the worst possible time to try and play a totally fresh class :v:

On the plus side I got at least the most basic poo poo for my Ranger and Diver now so maybe I won't be such a useless POS in Hard now.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
In about two or three hours or so I'll be rearing up for an all-nighter AU time if anyone's keen to jump on some Hard/Est runs.

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.
I'm downloading this game to my ps4 while I am at work. I wanted to wait for Best Buy to restock so I could use my gcu but the ten dollars isn't worth the wait. If anyone wants to roll with a gold and purple devil may care Fencer then add samuraipaul on PSN.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I'm MrPhillby on PSN. I should be online a lot of sunday for ant related activities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Does anyone have the Google doc spreadsheet with the list of weapons, missions, and loot drops?