Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

DeNofa posted:

Wing Diver really excels as a close range glass cannon. The Rapier and Phalanx and great for this. I really like the Lances as well. There is one really good Plasma Cannon (maybe Big Cannon or Great Cannon?) that is a HUGE explosion for a ton of energy, but also very dangerous.

They're great for exactly those two things. Charge up the Phalanx and you can generally fly up to and then immediately oneshot most of the anchors. Or fly up and rapier the thing in the face. Go go gadget laser chainsaw!

The Plasma Heavy and Great Cannon is basically the only good plasma cannons once you unlock them. It's basically a spammable plasma based airstrike with huge damage and AoE. Get someplace up high and hope like hell that the recoil didn't push you back just enough that your shell clips the lip of the building and you kill yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

ChickenHeart posted:

FIRE THE REQUIEM GUN

edit: In case anyone wants to sift through gigabytes of unsorted voice clips, someone dumped 4.1's entire voice library on google drive https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gYW7WKJH_rBaq1yjaYstCKOYj3xIcS9j

I love how that sounds like some hick farmer just spit out his chew wad to say that.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

McSpanky posted:

And when it's fully charged (if it's the one I'm thinking of) the burst range is enormous, your unlucky victims teammates can all get obliterated at the same time :getin:

It's also amazing at blowing yourself the gently caress up on top of a building none of the rest of your team can get to. A+ would spend 80% of the mission dead again!

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Arbetor posted:

If its anything like the times I've done it: buildings that support Aranea webs are indestructible.

Just more proof that aranea are the natural enemy of wing divers.

Some of the buildings in Inferno are hilariously tanky, one time the Air Raider had to spritefall it twice to knock it down after I blew myself to smitheroons. Turns out, the plasma cannon has just enough recoil to inch you back enough that the 5th or 6th shot clips the building roof and you die like a schlub.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Shine posted:

I like using Air Raider during the early EDF5 missions. The call-ins are basically like, "some civilian air traffic controller just hacked our secure line and requested bombers and satellite lasers. Seems odd, but it's probably an emergency. FIRE!"

All of the call-in flavor-text is amazing. 4.1 and 5 both.