Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
Just remembered that I preordered this in July, and it's almost time! GotY incoming.

Davoren posted:

Insect Armageddon is the only EDF I've played and I still think the series owns, so I'm pretty pumped for one that seems liked by lots of people!

IA was the most boring one, so if you still liked that one, prepare to have your mind BLOWN. Also, your heatsinks and framerate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006

randombattle posted:

So cannot wait for real EDF.

I will never understand why Insect Armageddon ended up being so terrible. WHY WOULD YOU END THE GAME THERE WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU. I remember beating it coop for the first time with my brother and we were both just awestruck. That couldn't be it. No one would do that there has to be more to it.

I heard they just ran out of time and shipped it unfinished. Also, they foolishly decided to limit enemy numbers and despawn bodies to keep the frame rate stable. Nobody told vicious cycle that frame rate should be the absolute last priority in an EDF game.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006

CzarStark posted:

You clearly don't understand EDF. The worst part of EDFIA was that there was never frame rate loss. That by itself showed that the devs didn't "get" EDF.

Well, if it's the same enemy counts and physics, then better fps is fine. But really, getting stable performance should just mean that you didn't put enough giant robots and exploding spiders on screen.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006

Drakenel posted:

How goofy are your teammates? Are they anywhere near 2017 levels of being chatty dorks?

Edit: Also, any word on the pricing?

List price is $50, amazon is $44 right now. New copy of 2017 is $80 on amazon, :lol:.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
If it's anything like 2017, the learning curve is all in driving the helicopter and that stupid hoverbike.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
You couldn't dive forward in 2017. Forward and back do a little jump, anything past 45 deg towards the side does the dive roll. C'mon UPS, get your poo poo together, I want to play already.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
Change thread name to "I heard this game has lots of Bugs", tia

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
It's really good for farming armor and weapons too without getting boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006

Seiren posted:

I've been playing this like mad again, trying to get the best weapons and further increase my armor ratings off and online.

My Air Raider is sorely lacking in high-level vehicles, the best I have is the Vegalta Firelord at Lv82, with everything else in the 40s-50s still. I still love the reliable Gigantus and have become a startlingly great shot with the howitzer turret. Just wish my best one wasn't a Lv50ish thing.

So I've been experimenting a lot with air support, and have come to the conclusion that Whale is one of the best in the game. It recharges so fast, that with good placement you can get more than one going at a time for truly massive, bug-and-hector-sploding carnage.

I saw a guy recently who had over 16000 hp, so it leads me to wonder what the armor cap is.

AFAIK there is no armor cap, it just keeps going up forever.