Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
during which ancient egyptian month will blackberry die?
thout
paopi
hathor
koiak
tobi
meshir
paremhat
paremoude
pashons
paoni
epip
mesori
gasthred
banop
RIM'S GONNA KEEP GOING BABY!!!
View Results

• Locked thread
infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it means the writer doesn't know what decidedly or mixed means

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

FMguru posted:

bbry is gonna party like its 2006!

latest and greatest new phone from those innovators in waterloo

build what you know.

also, tbf, the people who still want a BB want exactly that. they tried "innovation" with the z series, and look where that got them.

also blackberry deathwatch sounds like an iwatch competitor with a horrible failure mode.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

BB fans in defense of the passport: you're holding it wrong

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

holy loving lol at voluntarily using BES as an MDM solution without being forced to for legacy BB support

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Kirk posted:

I am guessing that Blackberry OS 10 users could also soon gain access to the full iTunes App store as well with Apple CarPlay coming out which runs onto Blackberry OS in the automobile market.

..oh, he's guessing. no way.

i thought apple was on the cusp of collapsing before the might of BB's market relevance and opening the gates to the app store, which would run natively on this completely different platform because blackberry is magic as long as you believe

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Bobby Digital posted:

my little qwerty: blackberry is magic

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we've significantly reduced the blood loss from the artery and we're confident that we can stop the bleeding sometime after complete brain death

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

theadder posted:

we rly need a bbry zealot itf

i live in canada and i know one IRL, literally the only one i've ever met. everyone else has long since lost the faith, or doesn't care much either way

i think finding one in yospos might be a tall order

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

theadder posted:

get him an account asap

seeing as my company is employed by the organization he is a board member of, no, i don't think so

as much fun as that would be, he already hates me for convincing them to ditch bby four years ago

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Proteus4994 posted:

lol if u don't tank your employment prospects for the enjoyment of yospos

they just had a rather large board shuffle and the people who we've worked with for years are gone, we might well be fired anyway. in which case i'll buy him an account and leave the credentials on a YOSPOS business card

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Proteus4994 posted:

bah BBRY has been making exploding phones for a decade now

unfortunately it failed to kill that awful kid and his horrible clip on tie

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Origin posted:

Where is the removable battery to pull everyday?

there's an app for that

no, seriously

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

who keeps buying on these rumours?

the canadian government is never going to allow foreign ownership of bby. at least not until the last of their fetid carcass has sloughed out of the canadian government infrastructure

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

bizarre homemade weapons built for the hell of it used to blow up random poo poo?

these are my people.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yeah, that's not going to fly any better now than when lenovo tried last year

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Thanks Ants posted:

if youre a successful business professional

i can confirm this

just today a member of the CESO bought a bb classic

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

olds and middle managers too out of touch to realize how desperately uncool it makes them, while still caring about looking cool

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

FrozenVent posted:

don't they still have some nice patents?

well, people believe they do. i've never seen anything itemized

given the other things people believe about blackberry (re device and coms security for example), i'd take it with a grain of salt

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

they were also very heavily invested in nortel back in the late 90s

if you know any teachers in ontario who were working back then ask them about it...

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

RubberJohnny posted:

“Therefore, neutrality must be mandated at the application and content layer if we truly want a free, open and non-discriminatory internet,” said Chen, who added that all applications and content providers must be prohibited from discriminating based on the customer’s mobile operating system.

:downsbravo:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

PleasureKevin posted:

3x faster than that thing from 2011 oh baby

tbf this is the only phone they make that makes any kind of sense.

it's a clunky POS but at least it's not a touch screen only phone from the company who's only appeal is their hardware keyboards. or the american singles phone.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

the ui is still incomprehensible gibberish though. with such amazingly intuitive and discoverable gestures as swipe an upside down backwards "L" starting from off the screen to go to the bb hub! if you start the swipe from on the screen it does something else

and half the menus are hidden and can only be brought up by hitting the bb key, or sometimes by selecting the element on screen and hitting the select button. it's never the same thing in two different screens!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

RubberJohnny posted:

ETA until Blackberry makes more money from patent trolling than phone sales?

i'd guess whenever that payment clears

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Mister Macys posted:

those ten users are well paid whales of the Canadian government would be my guess

there are two groups i work with that still use blackberrys: former government people who do the revolving door government-consulting-lobbying cycle, they're used to bb's from their time in government and they have no interest in changing

and people in construction project management. they just loving love those hardware keyboards

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

PleasureKevin posted:

are these beastie boys lyrics

it doesn't quite match their beat

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

OldAlias posted:

BlackBerry’s new Passport is eye-catching. Women call it “sexy.” Men say it’s “cool.” And once they use it, iPhone owners apologetically concede that they “only have an iPhone.”

if you believe hard enough tinkerbell will live again

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

do they still have real estate left

they've still got a couple buildings in mississauga that i'm pretty sure are theirs.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

teamdest posted:

gently caress you there's no way this is the real name of a real place.

we named our cities after the aboriginal tribes we stole them from.

canada is hardcore like that

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Mister Macys posted:

Canada has basically honored 0 agreements towards the first peoples. The only ones we deal with are the ones lucky enough to still survive
america at least honored a couple

British North America knows how to conduct "quiet" genocide like no other

aww would you like a blanket?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i remember how pissed ontario teachers were when nortel poo poo itself.

it was ugly.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

FrozenVent posted:

it was loving hilarious

I knew a guy who worked at nortel and was oh so smug about being an engineer and

me too. i lived in brampton at the time, the same city where nortel had their massive business campus.

those were interesting times

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

is that radical wayne?

i literally cannot tell these mustachioed old white men apart

but don't you talk poo poo about radical wayne

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

it's Peter Stoffer, who also owns

Radical Wayne is an MPP, not an MP.

i am shamed.

anyone who calls rob anders a dickhead in front of the press is cool by me bby or no

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

are you both in toronto

in canada everyone lives in toronto

anyone who says otherwise is ashamed of their heritage

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Kenny Logins posted:

pro-TO or anti-TO or whatever else, i think we can all agree that the Lunney meltdown is spectacular and that's what really unites canada as a people

he's from kitchener too, the perfect rim tie-in

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

toronto is the worst place in canada

except for all the other places in canada

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

also you need some context

toronto is the most multicultural city in canada, the population is over 50% immigrants

when people outside of toronto say they hate toronto, it's actually because they're racist hicks and hate dem furriners

just wait for a vancouverite to pop in and say something incredibly racist about chinese people...

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

:qq:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Shaggar posted:

immigrants as in non-whites, or immigrants as in non-canadians?

non-canadians or first-generation canadian immigrants, although a very high proportion of them are non-white too

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Apr 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Millstone posted:

That's a Rogers building now I think. I was just in it

it is, it's a major call centre for them too

which is why it's hilarious that people bitch about "indian tech support" from rogers.

• Locked thread