Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
during which ancient egyptian month will blackberry die?
thout
paopi
hathor
koiak
tobi
meshir
paremhat
paremoude
pashons
paoni
epip
mesori
gasthred
banop
RIM'S GONNA KEEP GOING BABY!!!
View Results

• Locked thread
duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

a three-way battle between apple loyalists, androidsheviks, and blackbeurrillas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Necc0 posted:

thought experiment: you're now ceo of blackberry. how do you save the company

we must destroy the company in order to save it.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

kwinkles posted:

put all your money into a research division working on a time machine

no point; if a time machine doesn't appear the moment you decide to do this, then you've failed

this is how i know i will never have access to a time machine in the future.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

please don't quote the truth, it's depressing. it's always depressing.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i would take up microsoft on their free sub-9" license offer and produce a winberry.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Install Windows posted:

fitting cuz the marines are the stupidest branch about a lot of things

also, a lot of them are terrible people!

when i lived near a marine base there was an apartment in my complex that was raided. turns out that a bunch of marines were shacking up in their with an underage girl.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

mishaq posted:

That sounds like a winner to me. Now that the OS is basically done (upgrades and tweaks only), the ability to focus on the tech specs is where it is at. Chen did say they are looking at dual sim tech, but added he could not discuss...hmmm. The dual sim would perfect the balance feature!

Make it thinner but keep it as sharp and square as possible!! Don't round it off at all please!!!! No way!!!!!! If you do it will loose it's x-factor!!

C00121953 channel for car freaks!!

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Cold on a Cob posted:

u monster

those women have suffered enough

A++ would quote again

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

RubberJohnny posted:

http://www.itworld.com/article/2873895/blackberry-wants-to-mandate-app-developers-to-make-apps-for-its-platform.html

BlackBerry CEO John Chen wants net neutrality to extend to content and applications, so that developers of apps for Android and iOS will be mandated to develop on the BlackBerry platform as well.

Not all content and app providers have embraced openness and neutrality, Chen wrote in a blog post that the company said was adapted from a letter sent to U.S. lawmakers on Wednesday. Policymakers must demand openness not just at the traffic and transport layer, but also at the content and applications layer, he added.

“Unlike BlackBerry, which allows iPhone users to download and use our BBM [BlackBerry Messenger] service, Apple does not allow BlackBerry or Android users to download Apple’s iMessage messaging service,” Chen said. He also took a shot at streaming service Netflix for refusing to make its streaming movie service available to BlackBerry customers.

“Many other applications providers similarly offer service only to iPhone and Android users,” said Chen, who added that as a result a “two-tiered wireless broadband ecosystem” had been created where Android and iPhone users have more access to content and applications than users of mobile devices running other operating systems.

“Therefore, neutrality must be mandated at the application and content layer if we truly want a free, open and non-discriminatory internet,” said Chen, who added that all applications and content providers must be prohibited from discriminating based on the customer’s mobile operating system.

this argument is literally insane

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

god bless the transcontinental federal food tube network (the T-FFTN, or as the kids call it 'the fountain')

sliders straight from minnesota in 15 minutes

kentucky cheese grits on-tap

proper california burritos nationwide

a lot of chinese people died building it but goddamn was their sacrifice worth it

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

wrong, it is and always will be the Pre

don't forget the veer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

The Kins posted:

photos of THE FINAL BLACKBERRY have apparently emerged on weibo

it is codenamed mercury, and it will be the last in-house blackberry-designed phone. future devices will be made by third parties using blackberry's """""""hardened""""""" android and oem software.

it's been a long journey, but here we are. what have we learned from all of this? i mean, if we've learned anything from it.

it looks like a normal phone ni an enormous mismatched case

• Locked thread