Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
during which ancient egyptian month will blackberry die?
thout
paopi
hathor
koiak
tobi
meshir
paremhat
paremoude
pashons
paoni
epip
mesori
gasthred
banop
RIM'S GONNA KEEP GOING BABY!!!
View Results

• Locked thread
ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Grandmaster.flv posted:

sync is garbage for retards. every single time i plug in my 5s via usb it auto plays the first song alphabetically on my main library rather than continuing last played or you know, obeying a playlist
yeah sure but i bet it does great with a zune b/c if theres anything microsoft is good at its fabricating a cohesive ecosystem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Nelson MandEULA posted:

oh no fishmech agreed with me :ohdear:
if fishmech is agreeing with you it means youre likely right but not in a way anyone likes

in this case hes right but its an ugly truth. they make android heavily optimized for business with a bbos skin and keyboards and better exchange support more useful email and messaging features. idk if they should do play store certification unless theres consumer demand for it otherwise just ship with amazons lovely store to consumers and allow sideloading of android apps and use licensing and positioning to subsidize the phone (bing search nokia maps amazon appstore etc)

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

infernal machines posted:

last i heard their hardware "partner" ditched them very publicly before their contract was up.
all three of their major suppliers dumped them publicly they were jabil flextronics and celestica

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

theflyingexecutive posted:

surprised they're not reporting it as 8,000.000 units sold
i lolled

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

didnt they have like 2 instagrams of cash on hand?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

nonono, blackberry has three instagrams of coh, implausibly.

(though they also have two instagrams of debt, so they're net one instagram, which isn't bad at all)

i didnt know bb had debt. back when they were teetering on going under at any moment i remember they were valued at less than the actual money they held

like somehow 2b in dollar bills were worth less because it was them who had it

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Thanks Ants posted:

it looks like its covered in that fake leather stuff like a cheap japanese camera from the 1970s.

that poo poo owned tho

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i suspect blackberry's remaining consumer business is slackjawed yokels who want a hardware keyboard more than they care about whether their smartphone actually works

certainly the case

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

is bleckbarry committing to maintaining the OS for some firm period of time or are you going to let this poo poo rot after 6 months like every other android oem?

they have committed to monthly security updates for whatever thats worth

ofc it ships one android version out of date so

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

infernal machines posted:

this is what i was talking about earlier. are they going to be backporting fixes from multiple releases ahead in perpetuity? are they just going to start writing their own patches and fixes for vulnerable libraries (lol)?

there is precedence for backporting security fixes as google publishes current security fixes for the lollipop variant of the nexus 6 because att refuses to allow the marshmallow update for their customers

ofc blackberry will be the ones in charge of doing this but from what i can tell the security updates arent touching things that require an os version bump to fix and all of the updates have been in the 2-8mb range so far so i think its mostly replacing a few system files here and there and generating a new checksum for the bootloader to verify against

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

non-contract phones are getting updates straight from google, but contract ones get middlemanned by the carriers and that worries the poo poo out of me

are they? google doesnt even handle the updates for their android one poorphones anymore so id like to see something saying that google would handle the software for this device

oems have always done the software for their own devices and this certainly isnt a developer device like the original droid or xoom and its not a gpe device so why would google handle it?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

i havent seen a bb in public in a good three years. ive seen maybe four or five windows phones ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

lol 4.5" screen AND a full keyboard AND 25% more battery volume than the next size up model that thing is going to be a trainwreck that only people with belt holsters will buy

and it will outsell the other two at a 4:1:1 ratio

• Locked thread