Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Huttan
May 15, 2013

Al Borland posted:

Where the heck do I find Tourmaline?

I found a huge amount in one of the T2 deserts (I was in "hollow", way out east, last night) over the past 2 nights. In the T2 deserts, some of the white smears are marble and some are tin. Those tin deposits have tourmaline at the bottom of them. I've got like 600 pieces of the stuff, so if you see Huttan online and can explain how to trade, you can have some. Otherwise it is a pink smear on the surface. Last time the game crashed, I was in the woods in "hollow" trying to acquire the burled wood I need.

Topaz and Elemental Silver seem mad rare.

http://landmark.wikia.com/wiki/Mining_Guide

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QkqPHnG1JckUWZanT9Mm8yjanGCIS_kheYae49fuo8o/htmlview?usp=sharing&pli=1&sle=true

http://landmark.wikia.com/wiki/Exploring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huttan
May 15, 2013

Rasmussen posted:

The big structure in the middle of islands that has a forge lets you teleport between servers and islands by clicking on the big floating crystal.

You also have to be close enough for the cursor to turn into a hand. Half the distance from the crytally thingie to the crafting stations was "too far away" last night.

Rasmussen posted:

Same for me and I have a regular silversteel pick.

You need a tungsten pick (next level up).

Zaq posted:

Could someone who is further than me list the colors of ores and what's usually at the end of them? That would be super helpful. Thanks.

EDIT: Also I could use some tips as to the progression. I assume now that I have a silversteel pick that a 'Marble Forge' is next?
See the mining guide link in my previous post. There are quite a few combinations where the pick that lets you mine at one end isn't good enough for the stuff at the other end. Example, iron and silver tend to go together. You can mine iron with the bronze pick, but silver needs the iron pick.

The marble forge will let you make more advanced stuff (I think) than the first forge.

Huttan
May 15, 2013
How do you get more than one mastercrafting bracer? With one, I can rarely make blue tools. Does the crafting station have a hidden crafting skill level or something?

After making an assessor's mark and a gold axe, I seem to be harvesting about 2x the burled wood that I did earlier today. The tungsten pick (green) seems to harvest about half the quantity of materials that the (blue) silversteel pick harvested.

Huttan
May 15, 2013
Tourmaline should be easy to spot in desert areas. If you can catch me online, I have lots of gems of various types you can have. Not enough Sapphire though, that one is real hard to get.

http://landmark.wikia.com/wiki/Tourmaline_%28material%29

Huttan
May 15, 2013
Ye Gods! Befallen. I'm having PTSD flashbacks about keys.

Huttan
May 15, 2013
Hmm. Apparently I suck really bad because my claim is just a flat pad with some crafting stations, a chair and lamp.

When your claim is near the top of some convex structure, and I want to make the whole top flat, I seem to get jagged edges where the slope comes up and then there is a vertical drop to my pad. How do I smooth out the transition? None of the tools (including the smoothing tool) seem to want to do what I want done.

Huttan
May 15, 2013

Sancho posted:

LOL at 600 striped wood planks for the alchemy table. I better get some scotch guard for my shoes so all my tears don't ruin them.

Well, at least that is something I have. Not like stinking burled wood. I'm glad I didn't turn them into shingles for the roof.

Huttan
May 15, 2013
I'm downloading now. It seems that they didn't change my email address, so it looks like the beta keys got sent to a dead email. Is there a way to have them resent?

Huttan
May 15, 2013

itsnice2bnice posted:

I don't remember what the stat range for a green Keen-Eye Band is, but I have a blue one with 1.5 Discovery on it. My green Assessor's Marks (craftable at an Outfitter's Table) have 3.3 and 3.6 Discovery on them in comparison.
I've only gotten as high as 1.2 and still be green.

Eltoasto posted:

Tin being under copper is an elaborate prank on new people right? I duh up so much drat copper last night without finding a bit of tin :(

Also feel free to friend eltoasto and send me a pick you don't need.

I found tons of tin on T2 islands. My eyesight must be going because they look too much like silver deposits (same color, the silver is just a little bit more shiny). I've got a bunch of spare picks, I've got a spare legendary Iron one I'll send you tonight, if you still need one.

Huttan
May 15, 2013
Pick sent. I've lately been harvesting on "Point".

Azhais posted:

And on the topic of free pickaxes, I've got 3 spare Mithrils if anyone wants one.

How long does it take you to farm the parts for a single pick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huttan
May 15, 2013
I found some guy following me around with a pulverizer last night. Every time I went to mine something, he'd basically destroy the minerals and dig a hole to China. So I gave up mining (until he got bored and went to dick with someone else) and went to cut down trees and press wild flowers.

Are clothes the only things you can currently make with what one harvests with a sickle?

• Locked thread