Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

crabcakes66 posted:

Well. Goodbye to that extra claim flag.

David Georgeson ‏@DaveGeorgeson 3m
If you have more than one claim flag, there's no issues. Just exercise restraint until we say it's okay to use it, please. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I'm on the hill between Al Borland and Stacker. My claim is in so I am crashing.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

For people who haven't been able to get a claim.

quote:

John Smedley ‏@j_smedley 2m
Whole bunch more islands coming online later today

Edit: /\/\/\ drat you! :argh:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

RCarr posted:

Anyone know when the servers will be back up?

Right now!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Droid Washington posted:

With as little info as we know about EQN it's probably a good thing anyway. SOE's focus is on Landmark right now.

Of course, it's how they are getting their content for EQN. Let the masses populate the world.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

David Georgeson just posted his neighbor's creation.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I can't wait for Player Studio to be released and see Minas Tiriths littering the landscape like strip malls!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

En Fuego posted:

Do you ask for refunds on movies you see too?

Sony is offering a refund for people who want it. I don't see what the problem is.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Christopher posted:

I'm going to go ahead an grab a Trailblazer pack. It includes 4 beta keys. I was intending on putting them on eBay but I figure I could first give goons a chance to grab them for $17.50 a piece (seen them go for up to $50 on eBay). If you buy one I prefer that you actually use it rather than sell it but I suppose you can do with it what you wish. Inbox me if you're interested. The first 4 people to inbox me have dibs.

So you can be a piece a poo poo but prefer that they aren't.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Harettazetta posted:

i5 2500k chokes to death on it.

I have an i5 2500k with 8GB RAM and a 560ti and it doesn't chug. Get 40-60 FPS.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Guys, can you please not whiteknight, please. The guy is only trying to exploit some goons.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

fireWARKs posted:

Anyone know what time the servers will come up tomorrow? I'm sperging out over being at work during the day and missing out on a decent spot :f5:

Not yet. Whatever time it says will be between then and 6 hours later is it's anything like the other server starts.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

nelson posted:

Is it worth spending money on one of the founders packs if I could get a beta key for free? Basically, how good is this founders pick (or other items)?

The Founders Pick is quickly replaced with better picks within a couple of hours of gameplay. We also have no idea how big of a headstart Alpha people will have over Beta since they do not start with a pick since we never had to do that.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

So should I uninstall alpha or can I install the beta launcher over it to save on downloading some files?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Ice_Mallet posted:

I call shenanigans.

I put down a claim flag, but decided I wanted to change spots. I didn't get my credits back while doing so, and tried mining copper, but It just doesn't work.

Press u to bring up Claim Management and deposit some ore in upkeep.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I don't know if anyone noticed but SOE removed the Everquest branding and now calls the game Landmark. New URL is https://www.landmarkthegame.com/home which eqnlandmark.com redirects to also.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Gamesguy posted:

I can't seem to find the download link, can someone post it?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Drinkfist posted:

I can't wait to see what you guys think of gathering Palm Hearts. Oh and Silver is another good one.

What's so hard about Palm Hearts? You get one on the last swing for every small palm tree that litter the landscape.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

SymfonyMan posted:

I think it's mostly a RAM issue with this game engine. I tried loading this up on a decade old computer with 2g of RAM to see what would happen. Slideshow would be an understatement. At one point I saw Jabro, then for another frame, and then he was gone. Even though I could move the FPS counter actually said zero at times.

Anyone playing with some high speed/end ram like 32g of 2600+? I', assuming it runs like butter.

It's not the computer. I'm White Shadow. I move so fast all you see is my shadow.

What crafting stations does Goon Valley have in it so far? I couldn't really play yesterday so I'm behind the times now.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

nelson posted:

Thanks. Where's that?

Take the Goon Expressway.

Adventure - Oxbow. South of the Spire.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

CountingWizard posted:

My client took a poo poo. When I enter the game it tells me the servers are offline and doesn't show buttons. A few more tries and it started skipping the character select and bringing up a blank screen with the normal ingame GUI and then bugs the gently caress out and crashes when I click things.

I tried scanning and repairing but got the same result.

Probably because the servers were down. They just came back up.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Jackard posted:

Stairs leading straight into a wall? :psydwarf:

Origin created worlds. They never said they could plan an interior layout that made sense.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Trebuchet King posted:

I really hope the 5-day thing for claim payments gets tuned/extended...my claim's about to run out because my connection hasn't been anything less than totally lovely for about a week now, and when I can get in, I lag out before the orange blobs even render.

It's only like that right now for testing purposes during beta.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Who cares. Demanding a refund because a game is in a different folder on your computer is childish and reeks entitleist.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

mythadile posted:

Got in the 7 day beta access. Within an hour I had fallen into an inescapable mineshaft on someone's claim replete with half built guillotines and votives at the bottom.

It rubs the lotion on its skin.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Biowarfare posted:

I have SOE Station Cash. Can i use this to (partially) pay for a founders pack or does it have to be paid off by CC or something?

Can't use any Station Cash. Only by CC.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Mung Dynasty posted:

I cannot believe a game developer would ever do this.

hosed up if true.

Yes, Sony is actually going to take your money and run.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Steam is having a sale on the Founder's packs. You can get in for less than $7.00 now.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

OtspIII posted:

Phew, somebody posted a picture of a woman on the internet and everyone almost forgot to comment on whether or not they found her sexually desirable. Thanks for catching that for us.

Welcome to the internet. Enjoy your stay.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

1 week Beta key.

4PEE-X4KE-XHHM-294G-6TG6

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

joshtothemaxx posted:

X-ing the "too early hype train" note. I too paid for alpha like a dope. I also watched all their kickin' rad videos from 2 years ago on the clock at work completely excited (much like I was for EQ2 a decade ago). Now, it's just tedious. I am so tired of this early access crap. It's neat seeing under the hood, but after a certain point I'm like "drat just let me play a complete loving game for once."

Their twitch videos are pretty cool though.

Then wait for the game to actually release then? I don't know what to tell you but it's not like they tricked you. They were very up front with what you were buying. They said it will be a long time before the game is near a release state. You are getting access to something earlier than what you should be. Hell, there was even a non-skippable video when you first fired up Alpha telling you so. They were giving refunds weeks after Alpha release for people who realized this wasn't what they wanted.

To complain a year later that when Sony said years you didn't actually think they meant years is on you guys.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Do you ever read recent posts in a thread before posting or just see hours old news somewhere and think you must be the first to see it so just mash the post button?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

itsnice2bnice posted:

Landmark might look like a dead & poo poo game, but apparently there are still suckers working in it for Daybreak for free:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oFnKhQMIVw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj1_gq4E2zY

I have no idea what drives these people or what they're thinking.

They like building stuff.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Optimized for a 15 GHz single core processor!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Kazak_Hstan posted:

John Smedley is like a black man in 1850 Carolina: owned.

I bet that sounded a lot better in your head.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I just checked the EQN site and the last update box thingie was 118 days ago. It was about Landmark.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

joshtothemaxx posted:

I want to play Everquest III damnit.

You have a better chance of Wildstar 2 happening.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I don't think anyone is surprised. The writing was on the wall for months.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Republicans posted:

Hopefully they'll allocate more people to H1Z1 now. I like that game a lot and it needs faster and better updates.

I'm sure the H1Z1 team will get 100% of the zero people that has been working on EQN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I think his definition of win is the same as Charlie Sheens.

• Locked thread