Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Your best bet is to get a refund and begin the grind in earnest with a closed beta key. Resources mined won't be wiped from closed -> open beta -> release for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Bob Log posted:

So in being able to control your environment and self/surroundings/create automated self-reliant things; How does this compare to the Second Life sandbox w/Item scripting? (Scale 1-10?) I'm gathering this is more akin to minecraft in that you can only interact pre-built game elements with pre-built game elements in a predetermined manner to get a predetermined outcome?

Minecraft is a deceptively complicated benchmark to compare to.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Here's a couple of my ship. Polished granite makes an ok looking metalish surface.

Engine room. Still have a ways to go.

I wish there were flying mounts so I could get more shots of the detail. Been hanging off that thing with my grappling hook like a bad dingleberry.

Sancho fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Feb 7, 2014

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

suction posted:

What's holding me back right now is getting enough ruby for the right shade of red. I could cheap out and use Natural Amaranthine, but that's just not the right color for the inside of an anus.

Ruby looks cool. It's worth more for building than making items imo!

Here's my use of ruby in my engine room:

Coming along nicely so far:

It's on scarp on the mountain right west of the hub if you wanna check it out.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Nah good builders are probably making hollow stuff. If they're gonna sell templates no need to weigh them down with filler mats.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

I like it. Brings back memories. Did you make the moss effect by hand?

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

CupBoy posted:

Here's a complete list of crafting recipes: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9UnPHpRxh6ETkZKV1JPenZ1R1E&usp=sharing#list

Including stuff that isn't actually available yet, e.g. sickles, buckets, pulverizers, and more.

LOL at 600 striped wood planks for the alchemy table. I better get some scotch guard for my shoes so all my tears don't ruin them.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Per twitter they are aiming for 10 AM PDT Wednesday which means 2 AM Thursday morning.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

It's maybe 1-3%, 15-18% & rest common feels like to me.

edit:

who wants to piss away their weekend? just say when you use them.

Sancho fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Mar 29, 2014

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Don't pick up crafting stations or they disappear =/.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

I got some old rings/axes/picks in a chest at my claim, open to anyone. Serenity Valley, floating ship east of the spire. Can't miss it but you need a hook to get up there.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Leave a 1 voxel gap between the rings. Only thing I know that works and might not look good

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Diran posted:

Has anyone figured out how to make a decent corner roof section for a Japanese themed building? I am thinking something along the lines here http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/26/Himeji_Castle_04s3200.jpg

Like this sort of?

Saw someone on the forums that could sort of do it. I have no idea how, i don't use smoothing right now.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

With 130% stations & 20% potion, takes me maybe little over an hour. I use 2x assessors for the mining and 2x brawn for chopping.

My luck with the RNG is poo poo =/.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Diran posted:

Yeah that's exactly what I am looking for, any chance you have a link to the thread?

Was in an old alpha thread from a guy on the landmark forums named Rykath. If this works -

https://forums.station.sony.com/landmark/index.php?threads/32-voxel-circle-old-vs-new-smooth-tool.25226/

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

There are no reasons to clan yet so to speak

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Beowulf posted:

Well I learned an expensive lesson today. Apparently you can't trade building tools to people. Wasted 30 iron ingots making a selection tool for the wife, just to not be able to trade it. Wanted to post here before anyone else makes an expensive mistake

Can you still put them in a shared chest to trade? I think they put in an error message now but might be worth a shot.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Select tool is what you're looking for.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

You used to be able to get like 40k copper for $1 in the store but they might have fixed that now.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Just checked - they fixed it.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

It's limited to 1 plot only, so no. Plots are ridiculously tiny still, IMO.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

I snagged those 2 plots to the slight NE of it a couple days ago. All I did was build a wall so far. My other claims on Serenity are my main ones.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

starfish posted:

Those were mine, enjoy!

After grinding hard in alpha I need to see some big new stuff before I can force myself to redo it all. That and I was completely uninspired when it came to building this time around and it kind of put me off logging in altogether.

Just let me know if you ever want them back. I'm just sort of squatting on them waiting for more attached claims.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Make sure and tag all your claims with even just a single nonsense tag. That way you can search your character's name in the showcase and teleport to any of your claims for free. Until they fix it of course.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Same here- done until ob

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Already been doing that. Getting bored, especially when we still don't have a good smoothing tool yet. I'll just wait until playing matters again and check other stuff out for the next few months.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

The current smooth tool doesn't require a buffer but still affects voxels that border the selection, even if they're outside the selection. It sux.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Hopefully they have some math fixes in there too. Whatever they did between the old & new was just godawful. The math changes were so bad it even hosed up the simple geometric shapes like wedges in the same patch.

https://forums.station.sony.com/landmark/index.php?threads/smoothing-tool-then-and-now.23928/

That thread shows some of the subtle, but major differences between the underlying math on both tools.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

New smooth tool this patch. Haven't logged in to try it cause I'm so god damned bored with this game at this point.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

No, just grab a good spot wherever. As far as I know most goons are waiting for the game to actually like do something.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

im actually done with this game. ill wait for blizzards version of this. soe is soe even in this game.

ps twitch is god awful

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Hey guys come watch unemployed 40 yr olds sort of play a game on twitch!

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

EQN is going to let you kill 10 mobs, or collect 10 items in a whole new next-gen way. Takes time to develop that poo poo mang.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Cause this isn't eqn.

Also cause building high fantasy norrath stuff is so dumb, they have to pull teeth to get players to go along.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

You are the goons right now I think. My claims expired months ago.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

This game would be a 1000x improvement if it had Minecraft's problem.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Nice might log in and check it out. Did they ever fix the join/leave messages in chat channels? Would have thought that would be patch 2 but whatever.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

AtmaTheWanderer posted:

The biggest problem I think is that landmark is kind of stagnating and becoming "something else" instead of "the tool to collaboratively build EQ Next".

Eh you see it as a disadvantage but I see it as the saving grace of the game. The Everquest franchise is as illustrious as the WoW franchise in the eyes of the average American. Everquest and high fantasy are boring & nerdy. This from someone who will never even try EQNext probably but will check out Landmark occasionally so take with a grain of salt.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Is this game still boring?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Is Omeed the guy with the hard on for twitchers? Cause if so good riddance.

• Locked thread