Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Reverend Redglare posted:

I'm looking forward to trying out some new RPGs, and nearly every single entry says that there's no experience required. Is this actually the case for most games, or will I get loud sighs from the GM when I show up without having the slightest idea of how the mechanics work beyond "dice will maybe be involved at some point"? I mainly want to try out storygame type stuff, nothing super crunchy.

For sure the Pathfinder Beginner Box stuff is like that - they were great when I did it a few years ago.

My schedule is pretty light this year (Spycraft, True Dungeon, and obviously OrcStomp, because, duh, it's the only 5K on my race schedule this year), so I'm down for whatever. (like more random games of Love Letter outside the exhibit hall)

Deathlove fucked around with this message at 04:40 on May 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I have added my info. I am ready to do things.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
USPS lost my passes. :gonk:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Backno posted:

At least you have time to get them replaced. Let the Gen Con people know and they should be able to get you sorted.

They said I have to pick them up at Customer Service come con-time. At least they credited the $10 delivery fee.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Sigma-X posted:

Pick them up Wednesday Night or hate yourself. Thursday morning is like a 6 hour fuckfest with a line that literally extends across the entire convention center.

I can't get there until Thursday afternoon :gonk: I've got an email back in to the CS guy stating this.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

ritorix posted:

Holy poo poo, the mythical gencon housing waitlist just called me back.

That list hooked me up last year, as well. It's the best.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Deathlove posted:

USPS lost my passes. :gonk:

Update: they found them! Victory and passes and tickets are mine.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Oh, snap, that sounds awesome. Stupid TrueDungeon and Dark Dungeons premiere. :mad: Maybe I'll ditch Dark Dungeons to catch up with you lot.

I'll totally vouch for Patachou for breakfast, though, that place is amazing.

Thanks for the R Bistro rec, also, since I was looking for a place to take my wife on Saturday night.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Len posted:

Is that chat app we used last year to coordinate goon shenanigans going to be open again? It seemed to work out last year.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3606988&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=9#post432340050

Countblanc posted:

The video game room is actually a pretty cool play to kill time between events, but I say that as someone who plays fighting games - I imagine it's decidedly less cool otherwise.

The Rock Band setup is pretty good. :)

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

WhiteHowler posted:

I always bring Space Alert to Gencon.

I hate teaching the game (as I've done it about a million times now) and usually look for experienced players, but the esteemed Professor Shyguy has asked me to teach it to him, so if anyone has been wanting to learn (and with an Internet pseudo-celebrity, no less), please shoot me a PM.

It will probably be Friday morning or Saturday morning/early afternoon.

If I'm around, I'm down - I've done the tutorial like ten times but I still don't think I *know* the game.

As far as VIG, our guy buys his badge, sells the four companion badges to his friends, and after that it's only like, $200, which when you roll in the hotel access (which you can reserve two rooms for - thanks, buddy! :cool: ), and the swag, and the early dealer room access...yup. He says he'll keep buying it even if he isn't able to go one year just so he can keep buying it - nerd season tickets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I Genned Con very well. Thank you everyone for Genning Con with me. I am going to go play X-Wing with my 8 year old now :3:

• Locked thread