Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Quarex posted:

and this year I think I just might actually pull the trigger and talk about the real-world and fantasy implementations/conceptualizations of eugenics. Sound like a fun topic for a gaming convention? I thought so!

I trade two wood for Hitler: the unfortunate implications of economic engines in Eurogaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Holy gently caress how do you process all the poo poo that's available on the event calendar? Can you export it to a spreadsheet or something?

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Countblanc posted:

Are you gonna be at GenCon this year? We gotta get some board games in.

Yeah, Thur-Sat. Got a room at something on prem, first time going.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Well, I missed event reg like a schmuck, but on the plus side that means I can just play games with random people and poo poo. And drink.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

So, I missed all the event reg poo poo, and I have no tickets, not even generics. Are generics usable by anybody or are they tagged to a specific person?

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

So anybody got a few they want to sell? gently caress waiting in line on Thurs.

Of course I can just run the dealer hall and get wasted/play in the hotel lobby.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Trynant posted:

I should probably mention I'm totally going to be going to this. I only scheduled to play some 18XX stuff early to mid Thursday; other than that I'm hoping people will be around for GAMES.

I'm going to be stupid again and bring board games; hopefully some of you gents will be interested!

EDIT: And seriously if anyone is interested in a meetup for some slightly longer and/or more complicated board games there's a few on my shelf that are screaming to be played.

gently caress yeah dude, I'm pretty much free all weekend so I'm down. I rarely even get medium weight games to the table lately, I am so up for Archipelago.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Countblanc posted:

Would anyone play or learn Yomi if I brought it? It's pretty portable, but I'd still rather know if there's interest since car space will be limited.

Also I'll totally play anyone at Project M or Melee who wants to get bopped.

I'd be down for Yomi. On the other side of Sirlin, I've got my custom card printed version of puzzle strike that doesn't get enough play. I'd be happy to bring along as well.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

I'm free pretty much Thurs-Sun except for Sat morning. I'm down for almost anything you put on the list Trynant.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Trynant posted:

So shut up & sit down are going to be at Tomlinson tap room on friday evening. Anyone want to crash that?

That was my plan. Wondering how crazy it will be.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Mimetic posted:

What's the deal with all the people with games and airport style name signs in the Wabash hallway?

Math trade. It's basically a big swap meet where a computer maximizes the number of trades.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

LuiCypher posted:

Does anyone know if any retailers are selling Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective or if it's at the auction? The SO and I are really looking to buy a copy not on Amazon.

Basically if you see it on SU&SD, buy it immediately the review appears or it'll end up out of stock very quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Kaddish posted:

Crackbone, thanks for the game of Witch's Brew. It was probably my favorite game of the con, very fun.

Please let me give you money for a print like yours :)

Cool, glad you liked it. PM me and I can hook you up.

• Locked thread