Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Anyone still awake? Need 2 more for shadowrun crossfire. We have beer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

Kaddish posted:

Well poo poo. I've been wanting to play that but my friend and I left like 15 minutes ago.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Turn around!

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Kaddish posted:

Deffy still awake but hooked on some Conquest in the JW bar. Will prob head for games library in a bit but we have 3 :/

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
How are you liking conquest? Still haven't cracked my copies open.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Kaddish posted:

How are you liking conquest? Still haven't cracked my copies open.

It's dope as gently caress. Game of the con for me.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Doomtown Reloaded is going to need a thread.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I got a copy of limited, opened the box, saw the size of the rulebook, and said gently caress it and went back to playing Conquest. Want to teach it to me?

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I'll be starting one after GenCon if no one else has by then.

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Completely missed tova. How'd it go?

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
T.O.V.A. is Saturday at 4, fortunately for you. And indeed for all of us.

I have missed more of the Auction this year than any since I started caring about a decade ago. BUT TOMORROW! I will be there all day other than the 2 P.M. Dungeons & Dragons Documentary session thing.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.
Holy poo poo that game of Fiasco was great. Thanks to all involved.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Alien Rope Burn posted:

SOB just looked the game up and its based on Deadlands?!?! I sorta hate you all for being at gencon

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Aug 16, 2014

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
wrong thread.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
Hey there! Wasn't sure if I was going or not; turned out I am! I'll be hanging around Gencon from 10 in the morning to around 10 in the evening just for today. I am very open to saying hi to goons. Message me and I will say hi at you, etc. I'm also in the google doc and groupme.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

ritorix posted:

Nerd swarm:

Hey, we're in your pic.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Got a chance to demo Conquest yesterday UGH I WANTS IT. What do I have to show up at like 9am to get a copy though?

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.
What's the deal with all the people with games and airport style name signs in the Wabash hallway?

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Does anyone know if any retailers are selling Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective or if it's at the auction? The SO and I are really looking to buy a copy not on Amazon.

Grinspork
Jun 20, 2004

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED
Apparently my GroupMe app has been in a "crashing"/"frozen" state for the past few days and now I join, thanks technology.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Just now had the idea to ask here.
Is anyone staying at or near the Drury Hotel on Michigan Road?

More importantly, sometime between 11pm last night and 8 this morning, did you see anyone running off with a gray Gurren Lagann messenger bag?

Long story short, someone busted the window out of my car and stole it. The bag had a 5e D&D Players Handbook, and the Pathfinder Core Rulebook/Advanced Player Guide/Ultimate Magic, and a brown Crown Royal bag full of dice.

I filed a report and everything, but I'm not holding my breath.
Cops figure the thief thought there was a laptop inside. I'm hoping they dumped it somewhere when they realized it wasn't.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Mimetic posted:

What's the deal with all the people with games and airport style name signs in the Wabash hallway?

Math trade. It's basically a big swap meet where a computer maximizes the number of trades.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

LuiCypher posted:

Does anyone know if any retailers are selling Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective or if it's at the auction? The SO and I are really looking to buy a copy not on Amazon.

Basically if you see it on SU&SD, buy it immediately the review appears or it'll end up out of stock very quickly.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I bought it after hearing about it on the podcast just in time.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Crackbone, thanks for the game of Witch's Brew. It was probably my favorite game of the con, very fun.

Please let me give you money for a print like yours :)

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
My first Gen Con was pretty great! I spent way less money than I anticipated but snagged a few things I was looking for (Tichu, a couple Summoner Wars decks, and a Pop! figure). Also got to demo Evolution which releases later this year.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to game with goons, my friends that I was with were pretty pooped so we took off by 5.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Kaddish posted:

Crackbone, thanks for the game of Witch's Brew. It was probably my favorite game of the con, very fun.

Please let me give you money for a print like yours :)

Cool, glad you liked it. PM me and I can hook you up.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Thanks to everyone for playing games with me, I really enjoyed it. Sorry I wasn't able to commit to anything meaty for most of the trip, being bound to a single car and a distant hotel meant it was pretty unviable to actually separate from the group. Either way, fun times.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I Genned Con very well. Thank you everyone for Genning Con with me. I am going to go play X-Wing with my 8 year old now :3:

SciFunk
Mar 2, 2006
Libertas per scientiam.

Millions posted:

Also got to demo Evolution which releases later this year.

I tried out Evolution too! I'll almost certainly pick up a copy when it releases.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

This was my first Gen-Con. Despite the fact that my group of people absolutely imploded because nobody was in charge, a ton of us had issues, somebody lost their driver's license, etc., I had a loving blast and I didn't even get to meet up with any of you.

Next year... Next year will be different!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Everyone post your gencon haulz~

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
My Gen Con haul:

I'm cheating a little. Hyperborea is a review copy that one of my writers handed off to me.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
My Gen-Con haul is TIMELESS FRIENDSHIP

Particularly since the funeral visitation and my Auction duties kept me from more than a couple hours actually shopping this year.

I did get some swank SSI 8-bit games from the early-mid 1980s :c00l:

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Went a little crazier this year once I realized how much I managed to sell at the auction. The cost of all this, not counting the things I got for free, is still less than half of the money I earned by burning my d20 collection.

nyxnyxnyx
Jun 24, 2013
This is a long shot, but would any one of you happen to have gone to the trouble of registering and playing in the Warhammer40k Conquest LCG tournament and have a promo you're willing to sell to a jelly dude living across the world?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Countblanc posted:

Everyone post your gencon haulz~

have you played kemble's cascade yet? I'm planning to buy it no matter what because of the art but i have heard it was pretty bad.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

inferis posted:

have you played kemble's cascade yet? I'm planning to buy it no matter what because of the art but i have heard it was pretty bad.
I'm not Countblanc, but I demoed Kemble's Cascade with the designers and thought it was pretty fun. You fly around and shoot stuff (and the other players), upgrade your ship, and eventually fight a giant boss.

It captures the feel of an 8-bit space shooter pretty well (think Gradius, R-Type, etc.).

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Went a little crazier this year once I realized how much I managed to sell at the auction. The cost of all this, not counting the things I got for free, is still less than half of the money I earned by burning my d20 collection.

The picture doesn't do it justice, that Doomtown case is sexy. Mega sexy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I'm at work but my haul was:

Doomtown Premium
Shadowrun Crossfire
Warhammer Conquest x2
Samurai Spirit
Lost Legacy
Roll For It Gencon Edition
Tsuro
A signed Ambuscade for Sentinels that I purchased for way too much money at the auction.
Run, Fight, or Die
And, of course, Gencon Dice

• Locked thread