Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
I really hope the opening ceremonies for the Olympics is just one rosy cheeked 60 something Russian man explaining the history of Russia at a table as he gets progressively more drunk. I'd be an honest representation of modern Russia at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

The Droid posted:

Yeltsin is dead bro

WHAT, WHEN?

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Other good things form the Salt Lake Winter Olympics: non-dangerous water, flush toilets.

It was also snowing

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

GOT VIRUS FROM MP3 posted:

that's such bullshit, how can an underdog perform the forbidden spin to save the day with this rule??

underdog is best dog in sochi, land of the free, no spin is too spin

very healthy

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

This is the most Exciting Olympics in years

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

zakharov posted:

USA dude fails miserably in biathlon, what a shock. You'd think we'd be good at a sport with guns.

Bah, proud USA doesn't do well with lovely little .22 bullets. Give us giant anti-tank guns, and we'll show you how real men win ski-shoot-a-thons

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Jaramin posted:

The Olympics have always had weird ideas on what sports should be counted. IE: Baseball and Cricket are not Olympic sports, but basketball is.

I was about to make a joke about how baseball and cricket are boring as gently caress but I just watched a bunch of dutch people skate around in a circle for an hour sooo i dunno anymore.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Agrajag posted:

Explain American football then mister smarty pants!

It would be kind of disingenuous to just give the USA all three medals. Canada would come in a close fourth though.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

you irl posted:

in fairness to the us competitor, the target hardly looks like a black teenager at all

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

etalian posted:

It's something called a flush door which tends not to get used in US housing since it's a lovely design.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Lol that Shawn white was justified in not running that dangerous rear end course

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

I would watch a long form curling tournament.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Matt Lauer been fartin on Costas pillow

Shameful usurption of Costas

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Vertical Lime posted:

i hear nobody can finish the super g course heh

All Sochi mountain very modern. Too modern for capitalist pigdog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Seriously though. Try carving in slushy bullshit snow. It's the worst. If you hesitate on your turn for a second you lose control.

• Locked thread