Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

DINO DNA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Three Olives posted:

So there is totally going to be at least an attempted terrorist attack on this thing, right? Apparently they still have to sell about 1/3rd of the tickets to it.

Well the Russians are spending more than 2 billion to stop one so the threat already caused an economic terrorist attack.

Edit: An Infographic!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

texaholic posted:

I think this would be like America having the Winter Olympics in Jacksonville Florida

It's really not that different than Vancouver for a choice of a winter olympic destination although Sochi isn't a real town. Vancouver is just as much of a real estate scam though.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Vertical Lime posted:

At least Canada isn't outright evil

I think FIFA should really reconsider having the World Cup in Qatar at this rate, I got a bad feeling about them

Well I meant generally climate wise between Vancouver and Whistler vs. Sochi and Rosa Khutor.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Agrajag posted:

Anybody know where the $51 billion dollars came from? Is it all sponsorship money?

Presumable the fruit of the labor of the Russian people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Fat Ogre posted:

I used to feel bad about Russians using dogs all the loving time in crazy experiments like seeing how long they can keep just the head alive or launching them into space. Now that I see that the whole loving country is lousy with wild dogs I'm not so saddened by it anymore.

It's too bad the dog head kept alive by tube thing was a fake.

• Locked thread