Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

McNutty posted:

Squee Goblin Nabob = Best Card. Discuss.

I do actually wonder what everybody's fav/pet card is.

wild mongrel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

Zoness posted:

Narcomoeba - that thing is such a cutie~

The reason basking rootwalla/hedron crab holds down number 2

edit: i forgot thieving magpie too

uggy fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Feb 7, 2014

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
oh no we rolled dice and there was a tie, let's spend 2 seconds to reroll them

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

The Wonder Weapon posted:

I said that Herald of Torment and Spirit of the Labyrinth would both be under $1 at some point during Standard, and someone disagreed.

MTGPrice is pretty cool, especially since I write for them! My article this week was about playing Nykthos/Genesis Wave in Modern: http://blog.mtgprice.com/2014/02/12/the-jolly-green-giant/

Also in case anyone here hasn't read the OP, there's a big thread for buying/selling cards in SA-Mart. I may or not have a list of cards for sale there. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3387998

I look forward to you quoting the post every few months to make sure we remember that you think that.

Also to continue popping into this thread to shill your articles.

And spirt and herald won't both be under a dollar during standard so in two years i will look forward to you eating your hat.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

bhsman posted:

If it's 7 cards, then a phone is almost always faster unless you have Pringles cans for thumbs.

Yo, jesus. Not everybody is as good with their phone as you are. The rule is in place to keep all people acting under the same rules.

Stop thinking that just because you're good with your phone that everybody is the same. My smartphone sucks dick and I am not upgrading for a while and it would take a lot longer for me to take a photo than to write things down.

Yes, it's not a big deal at fnm, where you said you normally play, so you can continue on as normal.

Let's seriously drop this dumb discussion.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Yes, it will fall off.

Yes. It loses the type "Creature" even when it is on the stack. This is the same reason you cannot use Essence Scatter to counter it. It only ALWAYS has creature type in your hand.

Wouldn't it always have creature type in the graveyard and in the deck? and exile zone?

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

Korak posted:

So uh James Fazzolari(R/W Burn, CFB guy) going super deep, one turn away from being 10-0 at GP Melbourne on Day 2 gets a game loss for "unintentional marked cards" when his 8 cards that he sideboarded in were put in less opaque sleeves. On camera they look exactly the same as his other sleeves. A real shame and I hope he ends up winning the tourny in spite of this.

My brother is playing almost the exact same deck today for game day, except he's running young pyromancers over ash zealot. It's a really good deck that can explode for damage obscenely quickly. He ran the same deck last week at fnm, where he and I split 1-2 while I was playing rakdos aggro with humans.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

BizarroAzrael posted:

third game his hand was so dead he put Raised by Wolves on my Pack Rat for Tokens.

That's so adorable

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Whats the decklist in the tournament being discussed? I brewed up a R/w burn that used ash zealots over young pyros and was hugely successful. That deck design wins by speed and IMO young peezy is too slow. Zealot having first strike means she's more than just a chump blocker in a burn deck.

This is what I found:

http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/playing-with-fire-boros-burn-for-grand-prix-melbourne/

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

Sampatrick posted:

The goal is to win game 1 and then just go to time in the next game.

I hate it

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
I like having a couple for rakdos humans. Almost everything in the deck has haste except for that and xathrid necromancer, but it's not as big a deal to have it drop on turn two without haste. Works great with mogis marauder on turn 3!

Also the two toughness is quite nice.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
Standard is great right now because there are tons of different decks

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

suicidesteve posted:

Alternatively,
http://deckbox.org/sets/604196
This is still a work in progress but it's been pretty fun (for me) so far.

I looked at this deck the last time you linked a deck and I think I want to go for something like this. I started working on death and taxes around a year ago and can't afford it at all anymore because of lands, but I have all the other stuff for it. I think if I were to go into modern, I would either do something pretty hate bears like or just do b/w tokens. I like this list though and may start picking up some of the other pieces for it since it fits the style of play I like best.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

What a Judas posted:

Bidding is up to $525.

And I might win.

(I doubt it.)

You better win.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
I like netdecks because playing fun, very good decks that can win is how I enjoy magic.'

and nothing is better than rakdos aggro so there you go.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

Mortimer posted:

Welp I might just inherit a few thousand dollars worth of cards and all it cost was my paranoid friend quitting :smith:

What the gently caress are you on about? Is this a real post? Is your friend crazy?

I don't even. Tell him not to do pack wars?

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
Heard the words rape, gay, and human being more at the fnm I've gone to twice in the last 2 months than I have in the entire year. It's really bad.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

morning wood posted:

So that will make standard consist of Theros, M14, and said unannounced set?

it will be theros block, m15, which comes out this summer, and the next block which comes out in september I'm pretty sure.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

Desecration Demon is just a dumb beater too though, which effectively doesn't have flying a lot of the time because your opponent has the option to sac non-flying creatures to it. This card probably isn't as good, but it plays basically the same role, and the overall reactions are pretty similar (remember all the people predicting Demon being constructed playable when it was revealed? me neither).

Sorry but you're so insanely wrong on this in every way.

Leech is not good, it's junk. Would you be loving it as much if it was just a 4/4 for 4? Totally vanilla, no evasion? Cause that type of card isn't constructed worthy. Or is it a 5/5 the next turn? Still no play. Remember when dungrove elder didn't see that much play and had hexproof and cost one less?

Don't even try to compare to desecration demon.

Edit: I also think iroas is pretty crazy. If I could play that at 4 in rakdos aggro, I absolutely would. Madcap skills already helps me push through that remaining damage and this guy would help even more and let me swing straight into things like coursers. I like it more than mogis in that deck

uggy fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Apr 7, 2014

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
I also think the four drop dude that draws cards off enchantments could be really good in some sort of b/g shell. Courser, nighthowler, herald of torment, boon satyr, whip, other random stuff. You could definitely build a solid deck in this standard where a ton of your cards are enchantments.

or some bant deck with heliod, ephara, and that dude so you get to draw all of the cards.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
All good points.

But :krakentoot:

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

A 4/6 for 5 that's at least mild removal when it comes in. It clears the board of Master of Waves and his tokens and makes your other enchantment dudes generate extra value.

Me likey.

It seems really good and enchantment heavy decks can abuse the power. I for sure think golgari enchantment will be a thing.

hope pharika is the jam

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

morning wood posted:

Agreed. Exactly zero of the spoiled cards look attractive for an aggro deck.

2/1 for 1 black mana with upside, one of 12 cards spoiled.

Not attractive for aggro.

Get out of my aggro deck tormented hero.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

ThirdEmperor posted:

It's.. honestly not competitive with Cackler? I mean, it's got utility is a block-stopper but how often is an aggro deck going to be stalled against a single blocker? If more cards with useful constellation abilities emerge I might use it but otherwise the outlook is pretty grim beyond Sealed/Draft use.

It's pretty much equal to cackler, they both have two power and cost 1.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

ThirdEmperor posted:

But it trades to one power. Against certain decks, that matters a lot. If it became the baseline for aggro then I'd feel a lot more confident with a Young Pyro deck.

And? Spike jester trades with one and that dude makes rakdos aggro tick

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

ThirdEmperor posted:

I don't seriously see a deck with a backbone of three one drops in this meta, but who knows? If that becomes a thing I could actually see Scarhide being pretty good.

The card will be around for a year and a half plus cackler rotates out.

Seriously, people judging these spoiled cards because they don't slot into a deck already need to relax and be patient (this isn't aimed at you thirdemperor).

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

Bugsy posted:

http://www.xtremegamesonline.com/ all the way the gently caress up in Lindenhurst (and also in McHenry now?) has a very competitive scene from I have heard, but I have never been there.

My brother and I post in this thread and we are both from Lindenhurst and usually go to xtreme. It's a solid store, but I've never actually gone to any of their competitive things. They just opened in McHenry and are opening another store in North Chicago outside of the Navy base this summer. I also go to Unique gifts and games in Grayslake, typically for fnm and prerelease since the scene there seems a bit easier. Gaming Goat also opened a new store in Mundelein, they are really good on their prices and have a nice selection. Don't really like the workers there very much, but I haven't been there too many times.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
4x mana dork
4x sylvan caryatid
4x courser of kruphix
4x polukranos
ajani

add other cards as you feel fit.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
Any ramp to Ajani with another creature besides the dork dropped as well will be really powerful. If turn 3 polukranos, turn 4 stormbreath is a thing right now in r/g monsters, I don't know why turn 3 polukranos, turn 4 ajani wouldn't be just as good.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
I wish that thing had haste or first strike so it could be like an ash zealot replacement. (in the sense that it has extra ways to do damage)

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

mcmagic posted:

Nice hatebear.

That hates all his own hatebear friends :(

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

Aranan posted:

Type 4 was a format popular in my playgroup many many years ago. For those who don't know, it's basically a specially designed cube where you have infinite mana and can only cast one spell per turn. It's wonky, high powered, and hilarious. Anyway, one game went with me playing Serra Avatar first turn, only to be hit with Backlash at the end of my turn. Pretty quick round.

I cast fireball for 20 want to play again?

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
Fleet seems like a card that somebody will build a very good deck around at the right moment in the meta.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
^^^ yesss
edit: nm you might be talking about fleet but still

Promoted Pawn posted:

3 color aggro could suddenly become a thing in Standard, 12 shocks and 4 CoB's is a pretty good starting point for something like that.

I just want to play iroas in rakdos aggro

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

Sade posted:

At uncommon, even? That feels like a really long block of text for an uncommon card. And also this seems like a really powerful effect at uncommon? Giving you extra copies of good creatures seems like it could wreck a draft environment.

It's a vanilla zombie token, not an extra copy of a creature.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
Pretty sure the card he was talking about was city of brass

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

Korak posted:

Would a fetch land that gets any land it wants be too broken in Modern/Legacy?

Yes

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
Strictly better is such a dumb phrase. Like in my rakdos aggro deck i play spike jester over rakdos shred freak because it's better almost 100 percent of the time, solely because of the extra power. Recently I was swinging with spike jester and two 2 power creatures at a dude at 5 life with herald of torment out and it would have been so much better to have rakdos shred freak instead of spike jester. Sometimes cards just fit better or worse in some situations, regardless of their creature type and poo poo

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
That battlefield thaumaturge of whatever seems incredibly powerful. All removal costs one colorless less when he's out? Nice 2/1 for two with some crazy upside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
Went 3-0-1 today, splitting at top. PIcked black for my pack and opened some poo poo rares, including the green and the blue promo cards. Best cards were Shrine and Nylea, but I played a really dumb and durdly blue/black tempo(?) deck. Or control.

Best cards for me were probably the starfish, the 2/3 deathtouch minotaur, and that one black strive card where your creatures get +1/0 and lifelink. Pin to the ground was great as well. It wasn't a great pool but I was pretty happy with the deck. The three rares I played were the blue promo, the black promo giant and dictate of erebos, that new grave pact.

Got 8 packs, opened a godsend, both scrys, deicide and some other random stuff. It's cool. Buddy got two packs and pulled an Athreos which is awesome.

• Locked thread