Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
I've always loved weenie/aggro strategies, white weenie, gruul, naya, etc. My favorite card is probably Kird Ape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

mcmagic posted:

Brimaz is already down to 25 bucks the day of release... This is no Voice folks.

Thank god I'd like a set without shipping $100 on it

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

OssiansFolly posted:

So here's a question. If I get a Brimaz in my box (crossing fingers) do I sell it now and buy what I need later when the price drops? I'm assuming it is going to go down in price but do you think it will hit sub $15 within the month?

I don't have one, but I think if I did I'd take that gamble.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Full Fathoms Five posted:

Does anyone have that link to the article explaining why Vexing Devil is a bad card? I understand why most people dislike punisher cards in general (you always get the worst option and the good option makes people overestimate the card's effectiveness) but in the case of Devil it seems kind of like a moot point since any deck that would run him would probably be happy to have either option. I mean it's either a better lightning bolt or a 4/3 body for 1 mana, and both of those seem really, really good in any sort of aggressive red deck.

Anytime your opponent chooses, they always make the choice that is best for them. Ok have a 4/3, bolt it. You have done zero damage. Ok take 4 damage, I kill you next turn, you failed to kill me so your 4 damage = 0 damage. The only time it isn't bad, is when your opponent has no answers/can't win anyway/can't deal with it, and even then in that case you are most likely going to win with any card. When your opponent has no plays, anything you play is going to be good. Think about this. If you cast vexing devil, and next turn I remove it, you have nothing. If you had instead cast any 3 damage one mana burn spell, you would have done 3 damage.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

Not necessarily. One time a guy let my turn 1 Vexing Devil live, apparently because he had a Maze of Ith in hand that he played next turn. I Wastelanded it next turn and beat him to death with a Vexing Devil.

e: Not saying it's an amazing card, but I think that early game it's basically a better lava spike, so it's fine in a burn deck.

It is good early game. But, to ensure you have one early, t1 ideally right? You want to have 4x. However by having 4x, you increase the chances of drawing it when its not good, late game after the opponent is doing whatever they're doing. By that measure, having the correct amount of vexing devils in your deck to get it in play at the ideal time is bad for you.

If you t1 devil me, I likely opt to take 4. I have 16 more life to fall back on, and you have no card. It was better than a laval spike, granted, but was it better than a goblin guide? If a guide would have gotten in for 6 total, nope. At worst a guide gets in for 4 and its even but you make me waste a spell to deal with it, right? I don't have to do anything to deal with a devil other than take 4 damage. I'm +1 card advantage because I just removed a card without using a card. You look at it as a better bolt, I see it as a creature that I get to remove without using a card. Or the other case, I have a bolt in hand, you go t1 devil, pass. I got land bolt devil pass. Your the one playing the burn/aggro deck, and you just wasted t1. You want to be on 6+ damage by t2, so now you are behind.

Your anecdote you outlined, your opponent did make the best play he could. You just had an answer so it didn't turn out well for him.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Yeah I mean it doesn't have a place in every deck that runs red, but in Burn or Mono-Red aggro it seems very solid. I mean saying it's a waste of 1 mana if they bolt it next turn seems like saying you shouldn't run lightning bolt because if they counter it you just wasted a turn. I agree that Goblin Guide is better, but running both seems pretty effective in decks that are dead in the water if you reach "late game" to begin with.

Counterspells can't be used a turn later. If you are on the play as burn and cast lava spike the opponent (in modern) has no way to answer. However removal can come the next turn. If I was playing burn, I'd much rather cast lava spike t1 than vexing devil, I know I'm going to get them for 3 vs. praying he doesn't have removal and now I'm behind a turn.

Froghammer posted:

Vexing Devil is great when you have three of them in your opening hand. Beyond that it's kind of meh.

^^^EDIT: come on dude, "dies to Doom Blade" is the shittiest argument ever.

Usually it is a bad argument, but when discussing a card that is "like a burn spell" but is a creature, it is not. It is a relevant point. An actual burn spell doesn't die to removal, this one does. Goblin guide also dies to removal but its better because its a 1 drop haste, so it is usually at its worst a shock. Guide gets in for something almost all the time, devil doesn't.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Korak posted:

If I was a card dev I would have changed punisher mechanics to the player casting the spell chooses which mode. Instantly makes a lot of these "bad cards" into good or great cards.

They have these kinds of cards, they're called modal spells. All the charms are these kind of spells. :) Boros charm, now that is a good 4 damage card to play in a burn deck.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

So when is the best time to buy stuff for a Modern deck? I think someone at FNM mentioned that there's like a Modern PTQ or something on the horizon, meaning everything is going up in price right now. Is that correct? If so, how long should I wait for the sudden spike in demand to wear off and prices to go back down?

Well, if you are like me, you look at a deck, decide you like it, put it off until it doubles in price. I'm looking at you merfolk and Gr Tron. Here is a thing, they're going to reprint modern stuff. We don't know what or when. Until they reprint things, expect all prices to rise. So now is the best time to buy something if you want to play it, or wait and pray for reprints if price is a real issue. With the wait and pray strategy you may never actually get to play modern.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Bonus posted:

I wanna complete modern/legacy fish, I just bought a ton of fishes (4x LoA, 4x MotPT, 4x Cursecatcher, 4x Silvergill, 4x Merrow, 3x Phantasmal). I need to get a set of mutavaults, is it best to get them now or to wait?

Can you wait until like October-December? There is a reasonable chance they'll drop.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Promoted Pawn posted:

There was a recent Brainstorm Brewery where they discussed this. The theory is that it's nearly impossible for any new set to drop below $100 while it's in print because the set's overall value is partly determined by MTGO redemptions because they raised the price of redemptions to $25.

It goes like this. Is the overall value of the set at least $25 over the overall value of the MTGO version of the set? If yes, people will redeem sets, putting upward pressure on online cards and downward pressure on paper cards. If no, the people won't redeem, putting upward pressure on paper cards because those redemption copies aren't entering the market like normal; this is a big reason why Voice and Blood Baron are worth as much as they are, even though they're not dominating the meta. There's just not a lot of copies out there.

The same phenomena might effect Born of the Gods singles prices, though I doubt as much since it's the second set and we'll see more of it than we would a third set like Dragon's Maze.

Yup. They also came to the conclusion the set is better than it looks at first glance so all the value doesn't have to ride on brimaz

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
Apparently GP Richmond is going to be big. I tried to reserve a hotel today, downtown is almost entirely booked. The hotel with SCG rates downtown is completely booked. Wish I had done it when I pre-registered. Sigh.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

TicalStal posted:

I'm a noob when it comes to GPs but if you pre register online you can fly in Friday night and register your deck Saturday before the tournament right? Also how early should you arrive on saturday to the tournament to make sure you can get that exclusive playmat before it runs out?

https://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/feature/263e

TL:DR No. You have to register Friday. If your going just pre-reg online? The GP Richmond site makes it sound as if all pre-reg get the playmat? IDK.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

AnacondaHL posted:

Oops, I knew I was forgetting something :doh:

Got a room near the airport, but you're looking at close to $100 a night.

Yeah I got something at Comfort Inn Conference Center Midtown for $100 a night. Thats ok its 3 way split, I just didn't really want to have to drive and deal with parking each day. Such is life.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

TicalStal posted:

When I preregistered online I didn't see an option to enter my deck so I was wondering if I had to go Friday to complete that or if that was taken care of Saturday. (The last time I did a GP was in 2006 or something where they gave foil spiritmonger promos)

The mat question was just wondering if they would run out but hopefully not!

Oh I see what you mean deck reg? No clue, this will be my first GP.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

GreyPowerVan posted:

Man I really want to go to GP Richmond but I don't even have a modern deck.

I will live vicariously through you all, please have a goon-only top 8.

throw gether rg gruul aggro from last standard. add kird apes and lightning bolts. e1, bte, flinthoof lightning mauler add apes, stormblood berserker, 4 bolts domri its a deck.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
Not all FTV sets had pre-cards but several did.

FTV: Dragons, Hellkite Overlord
FTV: Exiled, none. They were all previously banned cards
FTV: Relicsj, Sword of Body and Mind
FTV: Legends, Mikaeus, The Lunarch
FTV: Realms, none
FTV: 20, none.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

whydirt posted:

Have sets with a previewed card from FtV also had a preview card in a Duel Deck? I know RtR had a few in Izzet vs. Golgari and Theros obviously had some in Heros vs. Monsters. Maybe WotC has decided that's a better place to put previews?

Duel deck previews I think are an "official" thing where FTV previews are not. They changed the format recently that fall set will always be a preview duel deck and spring with be a planeswalker set. Phyrexia vs. Coalition was the first preview deck, but it came out in spring. So then they had 2 back to back planeswalker duel decks, then came Izzet vs. Golgari and now they'are on a pattern of sorts.

jassi007 fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Feb 10, 2014

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

PrinnySquadron posted:

How bad was the Phyrexia vs Coalition? The shop I got to still has about...4? sealed boxes of them.

2 dark ritual
1 phyreixan arena
1 living death
1 lightning greaves
1 coalition relic

These cards are good. Probably worth MSRP.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
I think pyroclasm gets a new art promo. Its a played card, isn't real valuable (FTV always includes some less valuable cards) and it fits the theme.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

So is there actually any way of getting FtV stuff anywhere close to MSRP? Is there even an MSRP? I never even bothered trying because any that looked interesting sold for secondary market value of everything inside right out of the gate.

Some stores sell them at MSRP or give them away. MSRP is $34.99. I know of a few shops that basically run tournaments, $10-25ish entry fee, prize is an FTV or a chance to buy one at MSRP. Other than that, know your shop owner really well?

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Madmarker posted:

Heh, its crazy how good creatures have become, I mean, would people even run Wild Mongrel if it were legal in standard now?

edit-sorry for the double post

Hell yeah, discard your smiter to it. t2 free 4/4. It'd make GW really good.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Kilazar posted:

I guess I just don't get the whole metaand only playing "top 10"s. Or looking up decks online to play locally. I just play out of my collection and what I can trade. I did make a purchase for pack rats, but that was for my wife and a crazy rat deck I want to make. She's getting two and I'm getting two. And we have had no luck in cracking any open.

If your group is all people like that, its great. But once someone builds a deck that is 4x of good cards or 4x of cards with a lot of synergy, then suddenly that isn't good enough anymore. It is an arms race. If wizards puts up $30,000+ of prizes, and you can have a real job talking about magic cards for a living provided you are good at the game and can write well, then competition will inevitably become about the absolute best decks, the meta and top 10's. If you like magic enough to spend a lot of time thinking about it and reading about it, you probably will become interested in the current format meta's and what decks are tier 1 etc. because it is where competition takes the game. Limited formats like draft and sealed are sort of tournament replica's of creating the best deck you can out of a bunch of random cards you open, which is what you are talking about.

jassi007 fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Feb 10, 2014

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Smiter only works on effects your opponent controls.

Well hurf. I should RTFC

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Kilazar posted:

Thankfully not everyone is a rockstar. And top tier netdecks can be shut down at FNM if the person driving doesn't know the nuances of the deck. Even super synergized decks can be played horribly if the person doesn't have a tight play style/order of operation. Or intuition on when to hold something back, and proper threat assessment.

I had a "top tier" netdecker during innistraad block. Super experienced players could shut him down even with gimmick decks. And I never had a problem shutting him down about 75% of the time. The other 25% his synergies would carry the game regardless of bad plays. So while I bemoan the netdecking, I don't necessarily think it's bad. It just seems that more and more people that show up to FNM all think they are the next big name, and everyone's playing whatever top 3 decks won last weeks national tourney. I think that was a big reason I pulled back out of magic when Avacyn dropped. It was not fun even when I won a game to play these people. They don't lose graciously, and when they win they are stupidly smug. And that seemed to be the most common arch type in my area. While I play to win, I also play to have fun. And playing against people who are not remotely interested in fun, kind of killed it for me.

Anyhow enough out of me on that. I've been playing for a loooong time and am just doing the old man grumble on how things are changed. And I'm sure in the ten editions of this thread this conversation has probably been beaten into the ground several times.

I have gotten into building "the real decks" because I want to play them and go to some events a little more competitive than fnm. I am not the next "anyone" but I sure do like affinity and if there is a modern FNM I'll play it. Also I find that if you get magic at some point you sort of wander into decks that end up being good. My friend and I started brewing with Theros before the meta settled and I evolved R aggro into Rw Devotion that ended up really similar to the deck Thea Steele has done well with. When I saw her list, I saw a few obvious changes I could make to my deck, but when I was already running ash zealot, bte, reckoner, dragon, fanatic of mogis, 4 nykthos 4 temple 4 foundry, some mizzium mortars it isn't a real stretch to make the few changes to make your deck a little better (replaced 4 magma jet for chained to the rocks maindeck and swapped chandra's phoenix for frostburn weird). I hesitate to say but I feel that if I had played the deck more I'd have figured it out eventually. I get to play 1-3 nights a month, usually one "event" and 1 or 2 casual nights with a playgroup.

I do find at some point it is hard to play with casual people because once you are pretty good at identifying good constructed cards and you trade or buy playsets, its hard to have decks that lose to whatever_I_get_out_of_packs.dec So I end up making silly things like UG mill with doorkeeper and axebane guardian and minotaur tribal with didgeridoo just to have things that don't blow people up constantly because that poo poo is no fun for anyone.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Death Bot posted:

Honestly it kinda blows, I never got to live this part of magic. I played a little magic in Innistrad block but didn't stick with it because the group I played with fell apart (girlfriend had car repairs and lost her job at the same time, guy who organized drafts ragequit magic forever [again] because I took round 1 off of him with double Somberwald Dryad two games in a row :laffo: ) I didn't really come back until Ravnica, when I made a buddy who had been playing for years, and basically I brought over GW Humans and UB Zombies I borrowed from my girlfriends collection.decs and he pulls out Fog Superfriends Control with Door to Nothingness for good measure. Then other Fog Control Knowledge Pool Curse of Exhaustion combo.dec next game.

I basically gave up playing any of my decks against him and usually played his own decks against him, and just got to skip straight to building a good deck when I got the money and draft winnings :sigh:

Yeah a couple of our friends in our playgroup just never care about competitive constructed magic. If I have affinity they'll play mill or vampires and lose to it and just not really care, but I always feel pretty bad. So we play more Planeschase, EDH with not serious decks, and dumb decks. Our friends love mill and vampires and bad elf decks and protection from all the things white decks and they have no interest in changing, so we play decks that work against them. Its really about bullshitting and some drinks and some time away from the kids (we're all in our 30's with kids) There is another playgroup in our small area that are much more serious, they are big into legacy and even EDH is really competitive with them. We took our casual friends to one FNM for modern masters and they didn't have a very good time. My one friend and I sort of straddle both groups, we go to GPT's and such with the more competitive people but we mostly hang out with the more casual group.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Madmarker posted:

The problem with casual play is you have to have a group that is at the same level effortwise. The second one person, tries harder, spends more money, gets better or whatever the balance is thrown off and the group can easily splinter. Thats not to dismiss casual magic as less-than, its just a different style of play, closer to playing a pen-and-paper RPG with cards then a competitive game. Still fun, but vastly different. The people who complain about netdeckers, are the same people who decry min-maxers, these people play different games using the same base system.

I understand what you mean. If you care about your playgroup you'll play to their level even if you are also building stuff beyond the kitchen table. Build that dumb GW voracious wurm lifegain deck and your casual friend will be more impressed by your 15/15 wurm than by your t3 modern stormdeck combo killing machine.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Kilazar posted:

This might be where I am. I JUST got into a play group and it seems they are pretty casual and only been playing since innistrad / RtR. I'm no pro, but I've been playing since alpha. And my decks tend to naturally be pretty decent almost competitive on a minor tourney level. And it's hard to NOT make good decks when you have so much experience with deck building comparatively speaking. Even fun theme decks that build that 15/15 casually impressive wurm tend to rip through casually inexperienced players to the point that I have to intentionally make bad plays. I don't mind because I'm there for fun first and foremost. But it can be hard to keep the line without pushing the player group into a more competitive play style.

Never run removal or sweepers is a good start. Make sure to run a lot of high CMC junk. Minotaurs are pretty funny when they're all 3 and 4 drops. You lose a good amount of the time but sometimes you get 2 lords out and 2 or 3 big minotaurs and they can't deal with it anyway. Also really consider planeschase. The randomness of it helps even things out a lot. When a casual gets a 7/7 annihilator 1 and then the plane shifts, they become more of a threat because the dice helped them out basically. lastly bad tribal edh decks are great. Build RW giants brion stoutarm or something silly.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Kilazar posted:

Can't look it up at work. Whats planechase?

And I so desperately want to build a goblin EDH deck. I just haven't found a good commander for it yet that is a goblin and fun. He's really the only thing holding me back from building it. The supporting spells and lands are easy.

I use Wort Boggart Auntie. most of the fun/good goblins are red or black, and you really don't need her to do anything,but if you want to recycle a goblin card cast her, then get it back on your next upkeep! I rarely actually cast her. http://deckbox.org/sets/382135

Planechase is a multiplayer product that has special oversized cards, that are planes. You Planeswalk. Each Plane has some effect, and you get a special 6 sided dice with 2 symbols and a couple blanks. One symbol means go to a new plane, one is chaos and you get an effect from the Plane card.

here is an example card.

Glimmervoid Basin
Plane — Mirrodin
Whenever a player casts an instant or sorcery spell with a single target, he or she copies that spell for each other spell, permanent, card not on the battlefield, and/or player the spell could target. Each copy targets a different one of them.

Whenever you roll Chaos, choose target creature. Each player except that creature's controller puts a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield.

You can see how even some casual deck could go nuts with effects like that. You are playing your jund deck or whatever, and someone casts a stone rain, and suddenly everyone destroys a land etc. I'm sure there are better examples but I can't think of one off the top of my head.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

I NEED THIS CARD!

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Promoted Pawn posted:

You could make Treefolk, Cat, and Angel tribal decks and be just like LRR! :haw:

Actually I'd probably be down for Treefolk. I'd just spend the whole game making Macbeth and LotR references though.

Wait, would a Shakespeare themed deck be possible? I need to look into this.

Don't use Doran. We played EDH sat and Doran is such a bummer. I forgot my EDH deck so I was using Prosh pre-made, so I had to kill the Doran player first since he ruined my kobold eating dragon's fun. After I whacked him I then foolishly proclaimed I was going to destroy everyone else (I sac'd Prosh to Viscera to recast him for more kobolds), so they beat me before my next turn. I had swiftfoot boots out to give Prosh haste. I would have had 18 kobolds on board and finished off another player. :) The best part is the guy playing Mirko Vosk mill beat me then won by crushing Tajic since all his equipment was in the gy then exiled off my jund charm which one of his creatures let him cast from my GY? It was crazy.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

OssiansFolly posted:

Goblin Assassin, Planar Chaos and Molten Birth. Just flippin coins for fun.

I have threatened to make a red/blue chaos deck. all the stupid weird red cards, possiblity storm and warp world and whatever other coin flipping nonsense, goblin test pilot etc etc. I'll just make it so nobody knows how the gently caress to play anymore.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I really enjoyed Kiki-Jiki but it depends on whether you want a deck where the Commander is a goblin and you have some goblins or you want a "goblin deck." KJ has better uses than copying most goblins, though a few of them can win the game or make crazy value pretty quickly.

Favorite combo was Kiki-Jiki, Skirk Prospector, and Lightning Crafter. With some clever stack fuckery, you don't even need a fourth goblin for Crafter to champion.

I have this combo in my deck and a few tutors. Demon tutor for goblin recruiter to put them all on top of my deck. :) Then use Skirk-Drill Sergeant to play them all asap.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

mehall posted:

Is there any FTV that isnt worth at least 30% more than MSRP? Because I think I can get them at MSRP at my local store this time around.

(Of course, I still have money tied up in 2 FTV: Exiled because I don't wanna eBay them and nobody wants to buy them in person.)

Realms is the cheapest one and it's double MSRP more or less

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

FearlessRedBeard posted:

They still attempt to fix mistakes far too late, just check out Skylasher. This card rotated in by the time the card it targeted fell out the meta.

Edit: I wrote something dumb here and then removed it.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Literally The Worst posted:

Triple small set draft is a bad idea, why do people insist on doing it? There's a reason the draft format is BTT.

I'd guess wizards has fiddled with draft formats so much over the last few years people don't remember/understand that the idea was large set would have format staples like removal, draw spells, etc, for draft and block constructed and small sets would add a few little things, but as a stand alone they don't have enough of the necessary cards. Or at least that was always my understanding.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Zoness posted:

No, casual players have always wanted to do triple small set as long as they've known about drafting and a small set gets released, because they see it as chances to open ~cash card~ and then try to play for more packs.

Too bad I couldn't ever convince anyone to play FUT FUT FUT. Now that was a great small set :getin:.

It's mostly that there are a lot of players who draft just for the sake of opening cards as opposed to going about it with the intent of playing limited as a tournament.

Ah, fair enough. I mean I guess if I had bought a box of BOTG I'd probably draft triple small just to get the extra value out of packs by drafting them.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Count Bleck posted:

I would buy a box immediately.

A box? lol, I'd wipe everyone out I could.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Count Bleck posted:

I mean I actually have to watch my spending due to bills n junk and I'd figure the average on those would be about like 300 so.

Ah, heh. I have a place I can pre-order that sells under msrp for everything no matter what, a tiny mom 'n pop sports card shop that stocks magic. Its magical, I got Modern Masters for $120. If only I had been smart enough to order more than one. If this set has anything decent I'm going to order as many as he'll let me.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Bosushi! posted:

I could easily see TNN in this set. It was designed with multiplayer in mind and makes perfect sense to have on a multiplayer draft format. It also gives people an incentive to buy packs outside of drafting since its legacy playable.

Sets are designed 12-18 months before they go to retail if not more. They clearly didn't know that TNN was the hit card in c13 18 months ago and plan to reprint it barely months after its introduction. It isn't in Conspiracy, I guarantee it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
This thread is all sorts of retarded today. Can we try to combine that "what rarity X card should be if reprinted" with "I wreaked furious vengeance on a lovely commander group by being a bigger baby instead of saying no until they shut the gently caress up." How about a tale where he beat them by cheating with a deck that had Talarand as a commander and 99 FoW's and they complained how it should never have been printed at uncommon because clearly he has 99 of them because they are an uncommon and gosh if he'd have just said no I don't want to play commander instead of wrecking their game they'd have been ok with it jeez you big jerk omg this is a run on sentence I have used to many caffeinee patches asd;flkasdfjasd;lkasjdf;asldkfjasdf................

• Locked thread