Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Dark Ritual or Demonic Tutor are my favorites. If you play either you know some real poo poo is about to go down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Hopefully there's a Goblin Game reprint.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

JerryLee posted:

edit: Speaking of Unknown Shores, one trend I'd love to see the brakes thrown on is functional reprints with different names in places where there was no actual need to reflavor them (I'm sure Theros has grottoes).

Searing Spear to Lightning Strike is the one that bugs me the most. You've even got a city full of people that are always depicted with spears in hand. How hard can it be to make the have a flaming one?!

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Literally The Worst posted:

You know what's great? Having your stock devalued like a motherfucker because that 150 dollar card is now a twenty dollar card. It's literally nothing to do with being smart or not, having expensive things suddenly be worth less than you paid for them is bad.

Hasbro's stock won't lose major stock value because they reprint cards.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

theironjef posted:

I want a planeswalker that's the scion/avatar of Kozilek, is that cool with everyone? All +1: Target creature gains Annihlator 2.

That would be cool, an Eldrazi planeswalker with an ability for each big Eldrazi.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
I play a lich/ad naseum combo deck that involves drawing my whole deck, doing 3 rituals, then swapping life totals.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Triple20 posted:

Hey, I just started playing again for the first time since the mid-90s, starting with MTGO. Anyway, some guy's "just for fun" match-join comments were like "casual, no T1" or something. I joined with a really cheap green ramp/devotion type deck, and was ready to swing for 6 on turn 3 (he went first and played blue/white scrylands). Anyway, he called me a moron and said I didn't read/understand what "casual" meant. I tried pointing out comparative deck prices and the fact that if I don't win by turn six I probably wouldn't, but that didn't help. My questions: am I (even partly) the rear end in a top hat here? Is this more of a "anyone worse than me is casual/anyone who beats me is too competitive" kind of thing?

MODO players will get mad at you if you play anything that beats them, no matter how wacky or budget.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Rogue 7 posted:

Is there any native way to screenshot in MODO? I just drafted an insane Cube ramp deck and I want to show it off.

If you alt+printscreen with MODO brought to front it will only capture the MODO part, not the rest for you desktop.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
He's not even as good as a bunch of rats standing next to another bunch of rats.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
How can the gods even be nearly as powerful as a planeswalker. Can't a planeswalker just summon up a memory of something simple like say the knowledge of exiling something and just zap them out of existence?

"Nah Heliod, I think you should gently caress off"

Antifa Spacemarine fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Apr 4, 2014

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Bugsy posted:

Since Imgur is being a butthole.

It fucks True Name Nemesis.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

rabidsquid posted:

"What is the most unplayable take an extra turn we can print?" - wotc R&D

I mean there might be some elaborate combo that works but I'd be sort of shocked if anyone ever takes a turn off that card. Ajani is going to be hilarious with Doubling Season in kitchen table stuff.

The printings of Ajani always seem to be very sick with doubling season, either you get 2 avatars equal to your life or double the amount of 2/2 cats of your life. They both work when he comes out with doubling season too.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Applebees posted:

I don't get why they worded it like that. It should be like Etched Monstrosity and say "Remove five +1/+1 counters from Sage of Hours: Take an extra turn after this one."

It's so you have to cash in all at once and can't save the extra tokens for future doubling.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
I imagine if they were to do a functional reprint they would make them just legendary versions of the original duals, because the only reason they would open them up more is for EDH anyway.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

JerryLee posted:

Or, you know, Legacy.

But yeah, what people are saying, it's not happening unless they walkback their walkbacks.

But they don't seem to care about supporting legacy outside of already existing playerbases, they do seem to be making more EDH cards though.

EDIT: What I'm saying is it would be a TNN type of thing, and I would guess the reprinted duals would fit best as legendary lands in an EDH set that happen to be good in legacy.

Antifa Spacemarine fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Apr 16, 2014

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Mr. Peepers posted:

Carry Away is a card that exists and sees no play.

This card has more value beyond just stealing the artifact (not to mention it hits all artifacts).

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
The funniest difference between Vintage and Legacy is that Slash Panther is only playable in Vintage.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
My first rare was a white bordered Nevinyrral's Disk. I put it in a monored Kavu themed deck thinking it was the ultimate game winner card.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
As Jace became the guildpact he endeavored to learn about the magics of the guilds he has to police. Jace, being super smart and talented, know is a master of all 5 colors of magic.

We will have in the coreset:

Blue Jace, Red Jace, Black Jace, Green Jace, White Jace, Gold Jace, Colorless Jace. They are all exactly the same just recolored.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

BJPaskoff posted:

MaRo's article doesn't have any Conspiracy spoilers as far as I can see from a quick glance. The Vintage Masters visual spoiler does mistakenly have Drew Tucker and Brago, from Conspiracy, though. The whole section about the rarity indicator is wrong though, that happened in Exodus. Why lie about that? :iiam:

Conspiracy isn't coming to MODO, so they have to get those cards in somehow.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
"bands with other faced-down creatures"

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Serperoth posted:

Needs Flanking and Horsemanship. :colbert:

I'd love a card like that, for real. Just every phased-out (:v:) old mechanic in one card.

snowhome.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Zorak posted:

Didn't see anyone post this:

e: or this for that matter

Dang, thats going into my Arcum deck for sure.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

neetengie posted:

I'm so torn between playing BUG Control in Vintage and ANT in Legacy, those two major options are really making it hard for me to decide to play which. :ohdear:

It would make sense to wouldn't it? Unless a reprint is coming out but I doubt that - really sucks since that mediocre Mono U list by Travis Woo made the price go up didn't it?

It's always been pretty pricey, it was 14 tickets when I was making an Arcum EDH deck a while ago.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Mercury Crusader posted:

I'll have to give that a read. History in general is about the only topic I will read on a recreational basis. That there was so much expansion in the Mongol Empire in such as short span of time intrigues me.

Vanilla Grizzly Bears and Gray Ogres that are legendary. And to make them work at common/limited, there's three or four of each.

I do wonder if they'd ever try something like a "legendary instant/sorcery" or whatever. Pokemon has a subset of Trainer cards that is limited to one of that specific type in a deck (ACE Spec). For example, Computer Search and Master Ball are both ACE Spec cards, so you can only run one or the other in a deck but not both. I don't know if something like that would actually work in Magic.

Maybe if two legendary instant/societies are on the stack at once they cancel out?

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Maybe exile it and go what Godsend does where you can't cast another copy. Is there a better way of achieving that effect? If they're mythic you could use an emblem.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Everblight posted:

League of Legends handled this brilliantly by locking you out of playing more games until the one you ragequit ended. A similar cooldown timer would be nice, though random disconnects being one of MODO's most enduring 'features' probably makes that unworkable.

It costs you literally seconds to find a new game if someone ragequits online. I hope to God they don't try to lock you in to 45 minute obligation slogs like a lovely MOBA game.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Cernunnos posted:

That's a Red effect. :qqsay:

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=GROUNDBREAKER

:troll:

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Is the older modo client ever going to come back? The deck builder in the new client is absolute poo poo.

I mean seriously, its like solving a puzzle just finding out how to add cards to a deck.

Antifa Spacemarine fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jul 18, 2014

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

apistat posted:

Dumb EDH question:

If I have a Chief Engineer and an Artifact general that has died multiple times, can I convoke away the 2 mana penalty? Eg, Sharuum, The Hegemon has died once; can I pay BUW and tap five creatures? I am assuming not, but some of commanders from the 2013 decks consider the total cost to cast, so I thought there was a chance.

You may. Effects that lower the cost of artifacts like Etherium Sculptor also work the same.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
I just played a prerelease event and opened 3 souls. I feel really lucky.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Foreign language cards aren't even remotely in the same eyesore league as white bordered or old framed cards.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Holy poo poo, we've gotten so goony about this stupid lawsuit that people are nitpicking the language of the suit :psyduck:.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Foma posted:

I just tried to play for fun with a curse/heartless summoning deck. Curses do not work at all with the new client. This is really disappointing.

They didn't work for months before the switch anyway.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Well poo poo. Apparently the format for MOCS this season is Legacy. That's great....except I don't yet have a Legacy deck online.

I've been taking a look at building Dredge or Elves, as they're relatively cheap (I already have all of the fetchlands for Elves, which isn't AS cheap but that helps the price tag considerably).

I play Miracles normally, but I can't drop a grand on the manabase and Jaces right now.

Which of these two do you feel is the better placed deck right now? Or is neither going to be competitive enough and I should just find a way to make a real deck.

I feel elves is always safer because it's so easy to have a good amount of gy hate just naturally.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Angry Grimace posted:

Drafted a pretty awesome Vintage Masters goblins deck. Lose games 2 and 3 to the same combo, Mox Sapphire ---> High Tide --> 3 Frantic Search ----> Dark Ritual ---> Dark Ritual ----> Tendrils/Brain Freeze ---> Scrivener ---> me scoop. Both games I had lethal next turn. He also had Force of Will and Underground Sea.

gently caress that guy.

He did draft storm so he deserves a win.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
MaRo revealed to be an actual Planeswalker. Summons Phyrexians to take over Earth.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Put anything with summoning sickness behind your lands.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

kingcobweb posted:

I don't understand what's black or white about a creature that untaps other creatures with +1/+1 counters.

Well its kind of pseudo vigilance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Gensuki posted:

Cool, but kinda bad for a mythic rare? Unless secretly the Sultai thing is taking extra turns, this seems like a worse version of Time warp, or a worse version of Stranglehold... How many extra turn effects would they have in one block? Have there even ever been 3?

I guess you could hold it up as the latter, then sac it to get the former?

EDH strikes again.

• Locked thread