Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!

rabidsquid posted:

Someone please put the Mnemonic Wall/Whelming Wave lock with some Kiora in your Maze's End deck so I don't have to play it myself to get it out of my system. Make a video of it on MTGO, post an FNM trip report, I don't care.

Now that I know of this, I will try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

The best is Helix Pinnacle, not even used in edh much as far as I know:

http://www.mtgstocks.com/prints/2504 700% price spike :lol:

Wait what? Why, is it a one-of in a Green Devotion list?

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Fingers McLongDong posted:

That was my first thought. It would be kinda fun to try to run it in my modern green devotion since that deck could probably charge that thing up 3 turns after dropping it. I'd use it in a green edh at least.

Omnath would like it. I've got it floating around in my Shattergang list along with Upwelling and Braid of Fire. Cheap fodder to sacrifice as required, then return them to play via stuff like Crystal Chimes

In any case, odd EDH use and theoretical Modern applications. Woohoo.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Turning him on would be awkward, but Tymaret gets more value out of dying. Same with Young Pyromancer.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

The best thing: Deicide being used on a Pharika

The less best thing: It was my Pharika.

Still, Constellation is so fun

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Yeah, that implication really is something. Hopefully the fall Duel deck helps add to that story.

Also forgot how great Xenagos's VA was, so thanks for that.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

What's confusing is the two glowing blue circles. Is Elspeth a flatfish now? They look similar to her sword, if that is supposed to be an implication?

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

Something you may not have noticed, but Duress is leaving the format. How will black decks survive on Thoughtseize alone?!

Has that been confirmed via number crunching or something?

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Jabor posted:

Cruel Sadist is 93, Endless Obedience is 94.

So no black cards with names between Cr- and En-.

Welp. Maybe it sneaks into Khans instead.

E: looks like Trading Post might still make it! The Murdergoats dream lives on.

Frozen_flame fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jun 26, 2014

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Homo for Hitler posted:

So what card in standard is blue, and will turn lands into islands in some manner? This is important top secret squiddery

Sealock Monster?

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

The Green devotion match was beautiful to behold. It loses some explosiveness in BTE post-rotation, but it gained so much variety in power. Never had I seen Desecration Demon look so sad.

Frozen_flame fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jul 19, 2014

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Fully expecting Bill and Ted edits for Sorin and Sarkhan when the second set comes out.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Calling all Tymarets. Calling all Purphoroses. Purphori? Point is, Molten Birth got a replacement for MARDUGOATS/MARDUGOBBOS

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Should've been 4-5 mana and haste. :(

I'd take haste for one more mana, yeah. As is, it's still pretty efficient.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Taken from a MtG facebook group, and presented without comment.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Sleep of Bronze posted:

In my experience, this narrows it down to literally anywhere outside London or Manchester. :v:

Sheffield has two decent stores!

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Can you flash Vendillion Clique in on the draw step? Was playing a Two Headed Giant prerelease and got the chance to Mardu Charm after a Taigam's Scheme from an opponent, but he mentioned that there is no priority in the draw step and no chance to cast spells unless there is a trigger to respond to.

In the grand scheme it did not matter, my sultai playing partner got manascrewed. A shame, but a fun prerelease. Dragon Throne is a ton of fun with Mardu Tokens. E: The reason I bring up Clique is I was sure draw step Cliqueing was a thing that happened

Frozen_flame fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Sep 22, 2014

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Well drat. I knew the Sultai were evil :argh:

Still a fun night. Pulled the promo Crackling Doom, Wooded Foothills and an Utter End to go with the two pre-ordered.

MarduKing shall ride to victory!

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

Interesting that Sorin went to $25 overnight.

So happy I bought in for £5 each (So $8-10?). Planning to slip him into MarduKing, with Ajani Steadfast reserved for a Mardu Butcher build. Being able to turn Rabblemaster into a 5/3 First Strike Vigilance Lifelink seems pretty fun. Or Butcher into a 6/6 with 4 keywords minimum.

Both he and Ajani seem well placed for Mardu/Abzan plans of Aggro or Midrange respectively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Sickening posted:

I don't know why a shop wouldn't do constructed tonight. Single and packs sales are going to be huge. There is a line right now just to but packs. I am sure a lot of folks preorders stuff online but there are shops that are going to have enough inventory on hand to buy if you don't mind the premium price. People don't appear to be minding right now.

For my LGS at least, there's a Dark Challenge Khans Sealed event for which it'd be useful to practice sealed deckbuilding.

• Locked thread