Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
My favorite is Into the Roil. Card draw, "removal," it's not really that great, and its not a wincon. Everything I look for in a card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
http://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/1xlq8v/is_matthias_hunt_of_scg_cheating_at_the_35_minute/cfcllrk

Mattias explains here that they are playtesting and wanted to keep the game going to learn the match-up better. Not sure how useful testing is under not-real circumstances, but seems fine.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

MiddleEastBeast posted:

I personally think having all 3 gold blocks fully represented in a single Sealed pool more than makes up for any whining over crappy prize support or bad EV. I can't wait to build an utterly unplayable pile of 5-color shite and pilot it to an excruciating 1-2 finish!

Same here; I think it'll be really fun to play these sets together.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

Shame on y'all for forgetting Jackie Lee.

She's been completely off the radar except for day 2ing GP Boston somewhat recently, though. Dunno if she's still writing on SCG.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

Angry Grimace posted:

The fetchland video is so cringeworthy. I'm all for nerdgasms, but dude, its a land that says "search your library for a swamp or a mountain." I'm going to go home and show this video to my wife and see what she says.

It has the additional rules text "Target player who is a student working at Quinzos can now play Modern."

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

Angry Grimace posted:

The value of Modern isn't entirely tied up in fetchlands though, its tied up in a lot of cards (and this is true even considering the fact that I don't expect people at that reveal to necessarily understand in a few seconds the fact that reprinting fetchlands will invariably increase the prices of the other parts of the deck).

I know, but it's a big part of it. Goyf/Bob/Liliana are still insane, but with Cryptic getting a reprint, I might be able to play RWU be the time I retire.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
Oh, I assumed that bullet-point mockup was from the mono blue Teferi commander product.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

Gensuki posted:

Feel kind of scummy that I won my last match through a timeout, but he's the one who chose to stay against 5 hornets (he traded two combat tricks early to kill two of them) and a Garruk, Apex Predator?

One of my best moments on MTGO was running my opponent out to time with no other win-con, in a draft. I was playing with a friend, and we high-fived.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

ShadeofBlue posted:

Zendikar came out 5 years ago, actually. And now I feel old :(.

Jesus christ, Zendikar is when I (re)started playing the game.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

Some Numbers posted:

Right, but they could print Mental Note, which does (almost) the exact same thing and encourages using Sultai cards rather than screwing with your opponent's draw.

If I was your opponent I wouldnt feel bad that you screwed up my draw. I'd admire you played a skilltesting card correctly (assuming thats the case).

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

En Fuego posted:

I am getting Scry lands, Coursers, Carytids and Thoughtseizes, as anything I run will have B/G. Just trying to figure out which way to go after that.

Same, though I don't have Polukranoseses. I'm hoping I can do without them, but they just seem so good; as necessary as Courser, probably.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

Samael posted:

I have been trying to brew with my favourite khans clan (Sultai) and is it just me or is it really underpowered compared to the some other cards? Sidisi is mediocre at best, the delve spells are okay but not really the best even in a self mill strategy and some of the rares (like the Kheru lich lord guy) are complete trash. I am only really tempted by villainous wealth and try and break that in some way. What does everyone else think? Is sultai underpowered or am I really just under-evaluating some of their card's abilities?

I thought about this briefly and came to the conclusion that BG is stronger without the U.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
Community Cup is over but they are doing a Khans sealed event at http://www.twitch.tv/magic if you want a preview of how the new cards will play out.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
I'm going to try a GB 1for1 deck with 2x Empty the Pits and maybe Big Garruk. Although, annoyingly, black removal seems kinda bad at the moment.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

Angry Grimace posted:

The only way Azban deals with Stormbreath Dragon at all is either Hero's Downfall or boarding in Arbor Colossus to block it. But I think that weakness extends through the whole wedge.

Also Despise/Thoughtseize, if you consider that "dealing with it."

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

MiddleEastBeast posted:

FYI/FWIW, instead of removing cool fun cards from MTGO cube, Wizards should loving take out Crucible of Worlds, whose only use ever is by the guy who also gets Strip Mine and makes his opponent's life miserable with the stupidest lock in all of magic. GOd dammit

Hehe, a spike combo to be sure, but, cube's all about broken stuff.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
So do modo prices dodge the prerelease-speculation-protour price spikes and valleys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004

Sickening posted:

My boring mono black aggro is ready for FNM. Post pictures of your terrible decks!

This looks fun and easy for me to put together online once Bloodsoaked gets there. What's in your sideboard? I want to play Silence of the Believers at every possible opportunity but not sure this is the deck for it.

• Locked thread