Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Cantorsdust posted:

the Barons of Move Like This

This would make an amazing band name.

Also voted 5, went guar wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Elman posted:

why walk when you can roll

we pierce a special nip, just for you

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Dr. Lenin posted:

How to not walk like a grandma in morrowind:
  • Get the Boots of Blinding Speed
  • Make a resist magic 100 for 1 sec spell
  • Cast spell, immediately put on boots, never bitch again

You need the spell otherwise you are literally blinded, hence the boots' name

So on this playthrough I want to specialize in spears, wear some baller medium armor, and dabble in magic. Whats the best major/minor skills setup for this?

Better yet, just be a Breton (because Bretons are already really goon on their own) and turn your screen brightness up a little.

e: good not goon, but leaving it anyway

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Best way to play the game is as a Breton with Spear, Heavy Armor, Conjuration, and Alchemy as major skills, everything else can be whatever. Take the Atronach sign. Use potions to restore magicka. Go get all the bound spells ASAP (I think you can get them all from Balmora) and make a spell to give you a full suit of bound armor and a spear, it's surprisingly cheap. Spear and Heavy Armor increase your endurance, Conjuration and Alchemy increase your intelligence. Also you're pretty much immune to magic.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's pretty easy. The first step is to smoke a pack of cigarettes every day for thirty years.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Emasculator posted:

All the builds I see here are well and good except who the gently caress dies to magic in Morrowind? I died to magic damage once in hundreds of hours of playtime, and that was as an Altmer born under the Apprentice.

That one wizard in the cave outside Seyda Neen :negative:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

this is true now that i think about it, which is odd. i guess its much preferable to the loving mages in skyrim who oneshot you with big ice spikes as soon as they spot you on any difficulty above normal. i guess its my fault for trying to play bethesda games on hard difficulties and expecting balance, but my primary experience with skyrim was really one of frustration and intense terror at the prospect of maybe seeing a dude in a skirt around the next corner.

I think part of it is that all you have to do to defeat a mage is to slowly sidestep whenever he casts a spell until he runs out of magicka.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If you actually need to hit something with a weapon you can just take the boots off temporarily.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The Atronach is ridiculously good in Morrowind because it just means that you don't regenerate magicka when you sleep. Even without alchemy it's really easy to find restore magicka potions and other effects.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

hailthefish posted:

Spent a good 400 hours on this game and never found it.

It really only helps you when you first start out, because later when you're character is a demigod a 50-skill lock is nothing. But in the last room of the census office, the one where you get your orders, behind the dude on the bookshelf is a key. You can grab it and drop it before getting caught like the limeware platter, except that you only have like a tenth of a second because the guard is literally right next to you. It's kind of tricky because you can't even save so if you screw up you have to do the intro all over, but if you manage to grab it and drop it before the guard talks to you, you get access to the storage house. It has a poo poo ton of armor and weapons, and also a lot of moon sugar and skooma.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

i've never beaten morrowind

I get to the point my impossible godlike powers are peaked and the idea of actually going through story missions seemed irrelevant

To this day I have literally never "beat" an elder scrolls game despite spending hundreds of cumulative hours playing them.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If you exit the census office then you actually start the game and you'll get punished if you commit a crime. As long as you stay in the office, the guards will just run up to and say "hey don't do that" although they'll still confiscate any stolen goods you have on you which is why you have to pick it up and then drop it before the guard reaches you.

Although since the fine for stealing is however much the stolen item is worth and it's just a key, it would probably only cost you a few setpims.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Or you can open your inventory, pick it up in the inventory, then put it away. Happens instantly, so they can't take it off you.

I honestly had no idea you could do this. Holy poo poo.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Nah he got that by being the treasure of the China threads. Oh, what times those were.

On the other hand, pony avatars are known to be haram, so it would fit with him being the worst muslim.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mad Hamish posted:

So....once those douches from the Dark Brotherhood start attacking you, is there any way to make them stop? I'd really like the chance to recover some Magicka and one just attacked me in Balmora's Mage Guild. Ajira, my bestest friend who I hook up with the sweet sweet moon sugar, did nothing to assist me.

WHYYYYYYY?

First time it happened I thought I was being attacked by a bondage slave.

Speaking of slaves, I'm thinking of going hardcore abolitionist and freeing all the slaves I can find. I just liberated all of the Caldera ebony mine while invisible and the Hlaalu guardsmen did nothing!

After the tenth failed assassination attempt, they'll get the hint.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

SunAndSpring posted:

Why are the loving artifacts in Skyrim so lovely? I mean, I just found the Cuirass of the Saviour's Hide, and it only has like 15 magic resistance compared to the 60 or so it had in Morrowind.

As a single player game, items need to be intricately balanced, because

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Chomp8645 posted:

The first three mage guild quests in Balmorra are this...

1) Gather some mushrooms for me cause I have better things to do.

2) Gather some flowers for me cause I have better things to do.

3) Go the shop (literally next door) and get me a bowl. Just a regular rear end bowl. Oh and here's like three coins extra, don't spend it all in one place champ.

What's really funny is that she sells like half of the things she tells you go get for her.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

bonus hole boy posted:

the clothier to the left of nalcarya's in balmora has a stoneflower plant in an easily accessed pot.

One of the merchants in Caldera also has some.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

First thing I'd do is read the book to see if it gave me a skill up.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bolverkur posted:

also teleporting to Caldera guild and stealin that pimp rear end alchemy set feels so good

Also looting all those soul gems from the bosmer chick when you have to swap one out for a fake.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Buck Turgidson posted:

I just found out today that there's no way to brew Skooma in Morrowind... my hopes of making drugs for the Cammona Tong have been crushed.

There's at least a dozen mods that let you do exactly that, I'm sure.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

cum, cum, cum, cum, cum, everywhere cum

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

We make a special cum, just for you, same low price.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Wake up, we're here. Why are you cumming? Are you OK? Wake up.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

sinking belle posted:

i always got the sense that most of vvardenfell smells really really bad. like the insides of the telvanni towers smell like rotten eggs and cat poo poo

Considering people ride around inside bugs for transportation, probably.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

confession time: i've literally never finished the main quest of any elder scrolls game ever

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

nah he seems like a cool dude

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I got a bowl of glass and scrap metal. It was delicious.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

SunAndSpring posted:

Great. I'm sure you'll fit right in.

nice

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Skyrim cities should actually be really colorful. If you go anywhere that it's cold and dark like Russia or northern Canada, they use a lot of really bright vibrant paints on their buildings. Because it loving sucks looking at grey dreary poo poo all year round.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The point still stands that people in cold lovely climates try to make things as colorful as possible.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Whorelord posted:

I too, get loving mad at how people do in a single player game I put in hours of my free time to mock them

SunAndSpring posted:

Great. I'm sure you'll fit right in.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Extra posted:

modding is just taking a game to the next level, maybe you just can't handle the next level

Modding is the essence of CHIM.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If they did a game set in Akavir it would literally just be feudal Japan.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Anybody know what Morrowind is like in TESO?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

God that last blurb is so depressing. "What if we were this creative and innovative ALL THE TIME???"

• Locked thread