Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Eruonen posted:

is there a mod that does this

Talrivian's State-Based HP does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Hog Butcher posted:

this is the guy who makes chocolate morrowind which is really nice, thanks for making a nice mod pack

glad you like it bro :D

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

LaTex Fetish posted:

my favorite things about daggerfall that I wish would come back are busting down locked doors with my strength (I always play Nord) and attacking in a different style based on how I use my mouse

Ever play Ultima Underworld? That game is pretty dope

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

the worst thing about Skyrim is that when they previewed the game they showed how you had to look on the dragon claw to get the combination for bleak falls barrow

and they were like "look how intricate this is. you have to really pay attention to the world"

and then that gimmick was used for literally every draugr tomb in skyrim. and every dungeon in skyrim was a draugr tomb

the only thing that changed was the pictured of the animals on the dragon claw

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Upmarket Mango posted:

im more excited a bout openmw the sooner that hits 1.0 the sooner it can be expanded upon with some sick new poo poo

0.31 is pretty much done, so that's pretty exciting

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

My problem with ESO when I played it in the beta was that sneaking just wasn't any fun. ESO just can't replicate the fun of just creeping everywhere capping dudes with your pimped out bow.

*sneak shot with bow from behind a box, in some shadows*

*enemy loses 5% of health bar and paths straight toward you, clipping over box*

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

i bet it was arthmoor

that gently caress

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

The Sharmat posted:

I'm pretty nervous about using this because it says its a pack of hundreds of mods and there's no way they could do consistent quality and maintain faithfulness to the original game with all of those. I mean isn't there probably stupid poo poo like that mod that turns Balmora into a jungle in it?

The answer is here bro: http://chocopack.net/morrowind/mod-list/

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

if all animation in Morrowind was a fluid as Vodunius Nuccius, it would be a great place

the cursed ring takes all the stiffness from your limbs

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

LGNPC secret masters I think

I read that journal entry and was like 'there is no way something that sounds so stupid ("sense of ancient power") was in the vanilla game'. Glad I was right

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Kilroy posted:

every tattoo ever was a bad idea

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Geoff Zahn posted:

I started playing Skyrim again. Even though it's a pretty game it's hard to enjoy with such lovely quests

I did too. It is such a weird game. Such lazy design. Everything is grey and washed out.

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Oil of Paris posted:

i know this is a pretty noob question, but I downloaded the whole elder scrolls thing from steam a couple months back and wanted to get back into morrowind. would you guys be willing to just throw out some suggestions about Must Have mods? ill be playing on a laptop so nothing wildly graphic intensive.

morrowind gold edition

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Abandon posted:

how come wood elves are obnoxious little dipshit gnomes in morrowind

every fantasy series is required by law to have a lovely obnoxious gnome race

elder scrolls = wood elves
wow = gnomes
guild wars = azura (introduced later because they got sued for not having one, so they made them extra obnoxious)
diablo = those little dudes that go RAKANISHU
lotr = hobbits (actually not that lovely)

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Scyantific posted:

Wait what?

sorry yeah asura. got morrowind on the brain

the guy who voiced the first asura was literally maurice lamarche from pinky and the brain

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

A Steampunk Gent posted:

morrowind is kinda a weird case in that most of the dialogue in the game is procedurally generated and somewhat stilted and forgetable, but it basically doesn't matter as it's telling this massive big picture story of the fate of nation and the end of a religion. even if lgnpcs wasn't terrible i still wouldn't really give a poo poo about it, the game just isn't about the rich inner life of ralven hlarth, muckfarmer

hmmmm i'm not sure you know what procedurally generated means bud

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

grate deceiver posted:

this x 3, the area is called outer flooded halls. doesnt really have any other distinctive features

hey, bro, is that chocolate UI?

:smug:

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

glad you like it. I should update it sometime.

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Doctor Goat posted:

you should port chocolate UI to openmw

I'm definitely going to when OpenMW is closer to being feature-complete.

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

bukkits posted:

I wonder how much work that would require. Since OpenMW is just reverse engineering the engine in many ways, maybe it would just run

It basically works already. You have to remove the custom font in ChocoUI because it doesn't play well with OpenMW, but it's usable as is. I'd just like to update a few things about Chocolate UI I don't like.

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

there is also a cave called yamimilk I think

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Abandon posted:

what"s with all the dungeons having parts named after pokemon and jrpg stuff

Urshilaku, Hitmonchan Burial

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Dont install that poo poo dude

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Doctor Goat posted:

morroblivion wasn't morrowind but it was [...] enjoyable

gently caress you

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

horse mans posted:

okay i want to play morrowind again and get through bloodmoon and tribunal completely since i never did that, but i've put like 500 hours into the game, is chocolate pack still the best recommendation for people who already know the poo poo out of the game

I highly recommend chocolate pack

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Pikestaff posted:

I uh, I actually liked Tribunal

more than Bloodmoon

you are right. this guy is right.

Tribunal is way better than Bloodmoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Gobblecoque posted:

just play through the bleak falls barrow and kill your first dragon (the game pretty easily railroads you into both) and then you can safely uninstall the game because the rest of it is literally that over and over again

• Locked thread