Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJ Travis
Jan 18, 2008
Thou qualling hell-hated bugbear!

Photex posted:

Pm sent with my phone number. We can discuss this like men.

iceburn.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

DJ Travis posted:

iceburn.gif

You can stop digging about now.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

quote:

DJ Travis wrote on Feb 23, 2014 12:01:
I realize how all this sounds, but I want to apologize to you directly. I'm very sorry for everything. I really appreciate your level headedness with all that went down last night. Especially not handing out my number. I have read and re-read all that stuff, trying to piece it all together, and have no idea what to make of any of it. Obviously, there wasn't much to make sense of, something you pointed out.

Again I realize how fantastic all this sounds. It's a huge part of what bothers me about this is just how unbelievable it is. But thanks for being the adult. I contacted the person in question. Their explanation was "it's the internet who cares" and "I need to learn to take a joke".

I didn't really know how to respond to that.

What part of gently caress off and stop PMing me is hard for you to understand you crazy sperglord

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

that PM reads just like the PMs he sent last night to you. :v:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Photex posted:

that PM reads just like the PMs he sent last night to you. :v:

I'd be day drinking too if I PMed my phone number to a stranger on the internet

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
funny rear end thread in my opinion

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
lol

godzilla hentai
Sep 6, 2010

DJ Travis posted:

Below is the PM I sent a few minutes ago to Star War Sex Parrot. I figure this is as good as any explanation, for what that is worth now. Looking over the thread there is a lot of "idiot" talk, with the last 12 hours that is very apt.

drunk asian neighbor I'm sorry for all of that. With all that has gone down I know that's worthless, but I am sorry you were dragged into this the way you were. Where I ended the conversation, or where I thought the conversation was ended, was the only point I wanted to make. I guess a certain person really wanted us to connect.

I think anyone who knows me here or has dealt with me knows I am a reasonable person. I know how this "It was a one armed man" defense sounds, but it is what it is.

I feel really horrible about all this.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Well. Were to start. I know how implausible this sounds but I had a few friends over last night after the Duke v Cuse game and left this thread up on my home machine.

But this actually started on my phone with the forums up with this post.

DJ Travis posted:
Oh wait, you don't know what the gently caress you're talking about

The only reason I know that is because we weren't at my place during that time stamp and at another friends house. The forums was the last thing I was looking at when a certain person used my phone.

This same person I assume really helped me out in the thread, because the forums were up on my home machine.

You were sent a message about banning me, of all my bookmarks were deleted and some of my account settings changed. Someone sent my phone number to another goon not to mention all the stuff in the thread. I guess they sent him another PM too and even used my usual salutation. Jesus.

Really sorry about all of this and again I realize how plausible this all sounds. There was drinking involved, but that's no excuse for this.

I have tried a few times to respond to this in the thread and I honestly don't know how.

So... on top of the watermarking I guess I've learned a lesson about letting people use my stuff as well.

I assume I am banned now and I understand.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

goldmine immediately

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

ArfJason posted:

You can stop digging about now.

He's already half way to China, he can't stop now.

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Hey Travis. I work in public relations. I can help you fix this. PM me.

This is not a joke, I am a serious poster, you can see by my post count.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
What a fascinating path this thread went down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

culdesac posted:

goldmine immediately

• Locked thread