Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Eagerly awaiting permaban / uncredited work showing up on his website

watermark your poo poo people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Fart Car '97 posted:

Here you go, complete with stolen work:

https://soundcloud.com/djmdmc

Welp.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Seriously, the takeaway from this is always watermark the hell out of your stuff. This is multiple people getting their hard work ripped off, and short of a permaban there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I'm glad it's never happened to you, but it has happened enough times that rule changes were implemented to try to stem it. Unfortunately "watermark your poo poo" isn't a forum rule.

Also the "idea theft" is a non-issue; clearly he had his ideas for the design from the get-go, and even if he wanted to steal a watermarked design, he would have to have the capability to either remove watermarks manually or just recreate the design himself from scratch, in which case he wouldn't need to commission a design in the first place.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

DJ Travis posted:

Oh wait, you don't know what the gently caress you're talking about

I get you're pissed since your work got ripped off, but I don't think that's a good reason to be a dick to me all of a sudden. You yourself agreed with my advice, and just because I'm not a Pro Graphic Designer doesn't mean my advice isn't sound. 3 people posted finished, unwatermarked work, and 3 people had their work ripped off. I'm also not sure what part of my comment you're referring to, so if you want to actually correct me instead, I'd love to get an explanation.

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Feb 23, 2014

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

DJ Travis posted:

I explained the watermarking, that is everyone's mistake. But you discounting experience, skill and creativity and basically saying all you need is photoshop is comeplete poo poo. Be mad dude, I'm not, I know the risks, I rolled the dice, as I have many times here, I lost, and to my recollection you're just talking poo poo. I've dealt with it for years. Both professionally and here. So shut the gently caress up. Your right about watermarking but don't know poo poo about the rest.

Uhh actually all I said was that if he had the design expertise to create a logo exactly the way he wanted to, he wouldn't have had to commission a design. Not sure where you're getting "all you need is photoshop to design a logo" from. Sorry your misinterpreting my words sent you into a frothing rage though!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

lol yes I certainly am an alt account for a user that registered a year and a half after me. I am here to gloat at how I ripped you off!

You loving idiot. God forbid you admit you misinterpreted my words and overreacted.

e: are you drunkposting? Because that's the only explanation I can come up with for how stupid and reactionary you're acting. I'm sorry you got ripped off, but don't get all cunty to me for trying to stop other people for making the same idiotic mistake you did.

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Feb 23, 2014

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

DJ Travis posted:

I just don't see why you care.. You didn't contribute to the contest, i tried to be peacemaker and all you want to do is poo poo on everyone. What conclusion would you come too?

Dude what the gently caress are you talking about

I literally said "in the future, watermark your contributions so you don't get ripped off" and you went on a loving rage spree. The only person I'm making GBS threads on is you, for being a loving rear end in a top hat for no reason. My advice was given in good faith, and you yourself agreed it was good advice and something you should have done. I feel bad for the other 2 people that got ripped off, and I genuinely hope people see this thread and learn a lesson for the future, but you can just go eat a bag of dicks, you rear end.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Thanks for sending me your phone number I guess?

e: what could have possibly made you think that was a good idea? You're lucky I don't feel like getting permabanned for your stupidity or you'd be getting dick pics from half the internet by now.

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Feb 23, 2014

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I was gonna just PM back but I don't need this poo poo clogging up my inbox so

quote:

DJ Travis wrote on Feb 22, 2014 22:50:

quote:

drunk asian neighbor wrote on Feb 22, 2014 22:37:

quote:

DJ Travis wrote on Feb 22, 2014 22:34:
HIS loving ACTUAL PHONE NUMBER

lol

Obviously, I hope you don't. I guess there is edge to this that we are both responding to too. I'm sure you understand that.

I literally don't understand the words that are coming out of your mouth. I wish you'd stop PMing me like a big babby and post in the thread so other people can see what a moron you're being.

Also I genuinely believe you're drunkposting based on the decreasing amount of sense you're making.

Admit you were wrong, apologize for flipping out on me for literally no reason, learn your lesson and start watermarking your poo poo, and move on.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

culdesac posted:

Travis why the gently caress would you PM him your phone number lmao

:iiam: drunkposting

unless he actually does think I'm the OP's alt account in which case also drunkposting

VVVVVVV I don't know what the gently caress it is you think I need to understand, dude!

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Feb 23, 2014

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

quote:

DJ Travis wrote on Feb 23, 2014 00:35:
This got out hand and it's my doing. There are parts of what you said that I took acceptation to and should have PM'd you directly about to resolve. A lot of what you said is dead on. I will not argue that, other parts were not so eloquently said on my part but not any less valid. I rolled the dice again, sent you my number to work this out and it backfired. I still would hope that we can talk this out. I honestly do apologize about how this came about. There's more to this than just the thread. I do hope to talk to you soon. T

dude gently caress off.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Photex posted:

What a gold mine this thread is. Is this a first in sa-mart where you ban the seller and receiver for breaking receiver?

Hey photex I saw you posted in the ejuice trading thread, let me know if you ever have anything to get rid of/trade

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

quote:

DJ Travis wrote on Feb 23, 2014 12:01:
I realize how all this sounds, but I want to apologize to you directly. I'm very sorry for everything. I really appreciate your level headedness with all that went down last night. Especially not handing out my number. I have read and re-read all that stuff, trying to piece it all together, and have no idea what to make of any of it. Obviously, there wasn't much to make sense of, something you pointed out.

Again I realize how fantastic all this sounds. It's a huge part of what bothers me about this is just how unbelievable it is. But thanks for being the adult. I contacted the person in question. Their explanation was "it's the internet who cares" and "I need to learn to take a joke".

I didn't really know how to respond to that.

What part of gently caress off and stop PMing me is hard for you to understand you crazy sperglord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Photex posted:

that PM reads just like the PMs he sent last night to you. :v:

I'd be day drinking too if I PMed my phone number to a stranger on the internet

• Locked thread