Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
People who live in lowres-texture houses shouldn't throw close-ups.

Anyway, having people from Parker's past showing up hating him for things he hasn't done yet is pretty quintessentially Spider-Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!
After an embarrassingly long hiatus, we're finally back.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Surprisingly enough, this was just posted yesterday in the "Funny Panels" thread.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Ahahaha is that real? I don't think I believe I live in a universe where that could be a real page from a real comic, but I really want to.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

Neruz posted:

Ahahaha is that real? I don't think I believe I live in a universe where that could be a real page from a real comic, but I really want to.
It looks like the "Marvel Adventures" series - continuity-light, funny stories aimed at a younger audience.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Okay, cyber-Black Cat just got really creepy.

That's not a constructive way to deal with your midlife crisis, CEO Peter. For shame.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Glazius posted:

Okay, cyber-Black Cat just got really creepy.

That's not a constructive way to deal with your midlife crisis, CEO Peter. For shame.

Black Cat basically exists to make thinly veiled sexual innuendo, in fact by her usual standards that was quite tame. She clearly wasn't trying very hard.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Neruz posted:

Black Cat basically exists to make thinly veiled sexual innuendo, in fact by her usual standards that was quite tame. She clearly wasn't trying very hard.

You only heard around half of her lines. It seems completely random which ones choose to play, but there were definitely much dirtier.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Just the few Act Two Challenges we missed.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

It's the beginning of the end as we start Act Three.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
While I think everyone saw the tentacles' identity a mile away, I was genuinely not expecting that villain reveal. Not at all.

Dear god this game has me on the edge of my seat.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Really? I assumed the the 3 had merged as soon as I saw the silhouette through the portal.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Veyrall posted:

While I think everyone saw the tentacles' identity a mile away, I was genuinely not expecting that villain reveal. Not at all.

Dear god this game has me on the edge of my seat.

Ariong posted:

Really? I assumed the the 3 had merged as soon as I saw the silhouette through the portal.

The tentacle thing is definitely obvious, but for some reason the characters were ignorant of it for the first chapter of this act, so I played along with the story.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Oh wait, I thought that Veyrall was referring to Atrocity with his "villain reveal" comment, but upon review it seems to be referring to CEO Parker. The mistake stemmed from my having assumed the he was referring to the most recent episode, rather than the LP in general.

Anyway, in the new episode your commentary had an odd cadence to it, as if you were shouting. It sort of got on my nerves, honestly. However, I am enjoying this LP. This game is very interesting and if I lived to be 1000 I never would have found out about it on my own.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Ariong posted:

Oh wait, I thought that Veyrall was referring to Atrocity with his "villain reveal" comment, but upon review it seems to be referring to CEO Parker. The mistake stemmed from my having assumed the he was referring to the most recent episode, rather than the LP in general.

Anyway, in the new episode your commentary had an odd cadence to it, as if you were shouting. It sort of got on my nerves, honestly. However, I am enjoying this LP. This game is very interesting and if I lived to be 1000 I never would have found out about it on my own.

I had thought my voice was somewhat off this episode, but I needed feedback to be sure. Thanks. Shouldn't be a problem in future videos.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Our last piece of side-content, in which Spidey fucks up reality again.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
Now I want to pick up Shattered Dimensions for Xbox again.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, how did Peter get that motivation? I thought that was Past-Future Alchemax CEO's deal.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Sorry for the extended wait, everyone. The last two videos of Spidey will be up next week, and the rest of the challenges and extras will follow. Thank you all for sticking around.

Veyrall posted:

Now I want to pick up Shattered Dimensions for Xbox again.

Always glad to indirectly encourage folks to play games.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:

GamesAreSupernice posted:

Sorry for the extended wait, everyone. The last two videos of Spidey will be up next week, and the rest of the challenges and extras will follow. Thank you all for sticking around.

Always glad to indirectly encourage folks to play games.

I see what you did there. Glad you're not going to be leaving us hanging :)

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

And now we reach the penultimate chapter, in which we learn about the death of a very dear household appliance.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
I...really like your breakdown of the plot. Now I'm wondering whether or not I support the CEO's mindset, regardless of its effects.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I feel like, if the CEO's plan did work, he could probably do it while creating a pretty ideal world all-around. This is Peter Parker we're taking about. However, I doubt a human being's psyche could stand up to that sort of power and the elevated level of awareness that comes with.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Veyrall posted:

I...really like your breakdown of the plot. Now I'm wondering whether or not I support the CEO's mindset, regardless of its effects.

Ariong posted:

I feel like, if the CEO's plan did work, he could probably do it while creating a pretty ideal world all-around. This is Peter Parker we're taking about. However, I doubt a human being's psyche could stand up to that sort of power and the elevated level of awareness that comes with.

Other moral implications aside, it's really a question of whether the risk is worth the ultimate goal. Peter's all about responsibility, but as you said, there can be too much for one human being to handle.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
The thing is, I don't know if Miguel is trolling Spidey or not. Is 2099 a nutripaste future? Does bread no longer exist?

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Now, finally, it's time for the end.

Glazius posted:

The thing is, I don't know if Miguel is trolling Spidey or not. Is 2099 a nutripaste future? Does bread no longer exist?

I want to believe in a future where bread is pre-toasted.

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

GamesAreSupernice posted:

I want to believe in a future where bread is pre-toasted.

Self-toasting bread!

Thanks for playing.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

No Gravitas posted:

Self-toasting bread!

Thanks for playing.

I was happy to. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

THE Green Ranger
May 9, 2009
Thanks for a great LP. This was enjoyable to watch and I liked all the speculation you had going on throughout the videos.

EvilUrchin
Jun 13, 2007

Sigmar's Fist: 5 Star Crash Rating
Huh, what a coincidence, I just happened to start thinking about this LP again on the way to work today. Must have been a sign.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

THE Green Ranger posted:

Thanks for a great LP. This was enjoyable to watch and I liked all the speculation you had going on throughout the videos.

Thank you too. It's good to know I was able to share it with people.

EvilUrchin posted:

Huh, what a coincidence, I just happened to start thinking about this LP again on the way to work today. Must have been a sign.

You wouldn't happen to work at Alchemax?

PRL412
Sep 11, 2007

... ... MINE
Good stuff!

I was kinda hoping the CEO had a final trick up his sleeve, rather than continuing to play a losing game of total defense with 2 spider-men breathing down his neck.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
Goddamn that end was fun. I loved the during credit spiel, and really appreciated the whole LP. Thanks a ton for this, SuperNice.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

PRL412 posted:

Good stuff!

I was kinda hoping the CEO had a final trick up his sleeve, rather than continuing to play a losing game of total defense with 2 spider-men breathing down his neck.

His final trick was probably supposed to be attacking us with quantum energy, but it comes off as less climactic than I think Beenox meant it to be.

Veyrall posted:

Goddamn that end was fun. I loved the during credit spiel, and really appreciated the whole LP. Thanks a ton for this, SuperNice.

The game is significantly better thanks to Josh Keaton and Daniel Barnes giving them so much character. And thank you for watching!

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

Only my friends can call me Pigfucker.
The writing in this game is top notch. I'm enjoying the story quite a bit.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I liked the narration over the credits. It tells us as the viewers what went on, but of course our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man is going to snark on it anyway.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

The very last update. Thank you all so much for watching!

thetrueoskar
Jan 22, 2011
This has been great! :)

My son is totally OBSESSED with Spider-Man right now (also the Hulk), so it was awesome to be able to load up all of these into a playlist and sit down to marathon them all in full-screen with him and a big bowl of candy on the left of the screen, and another, even bigger, bowl of his favourite chips on the right, plus a gallon of banana milkshake I made just for us to have while we watched to wash it all down.

Even managed to get a video of the two of us sitting there, going through them all with him pointing at the screen and laughing his head off every time Spidey came on... We think he finds the costume funny?

Best part of all, is you finished it all up before I'm due back in the hospital again Monday morning, so we got to see the whole thing start to finish before then.

This way, even if I don't come back out again, or it takes a really long time for me to, he'll at least have this to hopefully remember me by.

So... thanks, man. I loved the LP, and I know he did, too.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

thetrueoskar posted:

This has been great! :)

My son is totally OBSESSED with Spider-Man right now (also the Hulk), so it was awesome to be able to load up all of these into a playlist and sit down to marathon them all in full-screen with him and a big bowl of candy on the left of the screen, and another, even bigger, bowl of his favourite chips on the right, plus a gallon of banana milkshake I made just for us to have while we watched to wash it all down.

Even managed to get a video of the two of us sitting there, going through them all with him pointing at the screen and laughing his head off every time Spidey came on... We think he finds the costume funny?

Best part of all, is you finished it all up before I'm due back in the hospital again Monday morning, so we got to see the whole thing start to finish before then.

This way, even if I don't come back out again, or it takes a really long time for me to, he'll at least have this to hopefully remember me by.

So... thanks, man. I loved the LP, and I know he did, too.

I'm so incredibly grateful I could do something like this for you and your son. Your post actually made me cry.

I wish you the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's kind of weird that most of the alternate newspaper headlines are about the villains becoming productive members of society.

So, what, without JJJ rooting against Spider-Man, the costumed villains never have anyone even notionally in their corner?

• Locked thread