Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
God lord I don't know if they could've made this guide any more chaotic. The page I'm looking at right now cites now fewer than 5 other pages you have to flip to because none of the useful information is actually on this page, as well as requiring you to have the giant map poster unfolded and on hand.

Anyways the guide came with a 360 code for some outfit so someone can have it (are 360 codes seriously like a million characters?):

QW7XX-DHMTP-X3M34-RMHTY-HMTTZ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Failboattootoot posted:

Please tell me you can extinct skeletons. I have been dicking around in the ruins for 3 hours now and I am certain I have got to be close to the extinction number.

Edit: Haha literally the very next fight is the pinky.

The guide lists the exact number for extinction of stuff. There are 60 of those.

There are 65,535 Meonektons. GOOD LUCK!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Dr. Eldarion posted:

Two words: cowboy hat. You'll thank me.

WHICH cowboy hat?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Schwartzcough posted:

Nah, it's not that long. I read that it was 30 minutes of game time, and each minute of game time is 3 seconds. So supposedly it's 90 real-world seconds, not counting fights/conversations/menus. That goes pretty fast if you're not getting in a lot of fights or talking to people or sitting in the menu.

I think it's actually 1 min = 2.5 seconds, Chrono for 75 seconds. I can check the book when I'm home I guess.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Killed the last behemoth and got a giant dumb neon pink soul edge. And a trophy congratulating me on my genocidal tendencies.

goty

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Making the main character an emotionless straight-man in a world filled with All Of The Animes was the best decision ever.

'I am pretty sure sheep don't lay eggs' :what:
'Oh no, you saw through my disguise' :geno:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Aurain posted:

There are no Tonberries or Long Gui/Adamantoises to fight in LR though. :(

Maybe you shouldn't have killed them all in XIII farming for the trapezohedrons or whatever they were. Never occurred to you that there were a finite number of enemies, did it?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Really the best solution is to buy a PS4 and a PS3 and Lightning Returns, and then play the game on your PS3 using your PS4 controller like a king among men.

Edit: While also remote-playing something else through your PS4 via the Vita you bought.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Aurain posted:

My DualShock 4 didn't work on Lightning Returns for whatever reason.

You're missing out man; it's pretty sweet for LR. Although my DS4 works fine with EDF 2025 until I get into a vehicle and then it stops recognizing the shoulder buttons until I get back out, so who the gently caress knows what the magic behind it working/not working is.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Finished the Chocobo/Poltae/Caius quest line last night. Man that last fight was rough. The strategy guide was just like 'yeah if you can kill the reaver and the protoflorian on the way to the boss you're probably fine', and I had already extincted both of those so I thought I was hot poo poo.

I burned through every single one of my healing items and used two arises. Still got four stars somehow. There's just so much animation to his attacks I had no idea what/when the hell I was supposed to be blocking.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

ImpAtom posted:

http://www.crystalsforlife.ca/

Might as well mention that this charity stream is doing a LR speedrun right now/

Was this archived anywhere? Their twitch page only seems to have like <2 minutes of setup times for runs and not actual runs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

ImpAtom posted:

Well, that too.

Pumpkinhead McGee, saviour of the world is optimal. I'm hoping the PC release had someone mod it so every character wears a pumpkin.

All pumpkin heads, and replace all lines of dialogue with "Meow meow, choco-chow :geno:"

• Locked thread