Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

McDragon posted:

That was the one fight I had with Dryads, never again. I'll take great pleasure in sending them extinct later.

The best moment of the entire game for me was seeing that hot pink dryad and firaga-ing the hell out of it. The only enemies I hated more were Earth Eaters.

Just finished this up today, and I had a blast. I really thought that time needed to be managed better than it actually did. By the end of the 6th day, I had completed all the main quests and something like 57 side quests (plus however many board quests), so I just said gently caress it and slept until the 13th day so I could do the bonus dungeon.

I played on normal, and found few parts difficult. Likely, this is because of the Yuna DLC outfit which has a ridiculously, ridiculously overpowered magic attack. I used that costume in one of my schemas for the entirety of the game, nothing else even comes close. Another slot had the Cloud outfit for the whole game for Slayer, and the third one was defensive play with debuff spells attached to it. Starting a fight, debuffing, then unleashing three Elementas in a row takes down pretty much anything medium or smaller instantly.

Holding off on the NG+ for now, though. Too many new JRPGs coming over the next few months, don't want to burn out early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

DarkstarIV posted:

some not so decent accessories (Increase resistance to fire by 90%, but double all other damage you take)
The wind one was invaluable for taking on a few of the Last One fights. (Gaunt and... Zaltys?)

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

The Grimace posted:

Thanks. This is essentially what I've been figuring out, albeit slowly. My only problem is that when it comes to staggering, I've never cared to use any strategies outside of "hit it with what it's weak against," so for much of this I've been brute forcing it. I do have a stagger schema set up that I may drag with me if I fail this current run.

If you want to do it the cheap way: Use Elementa or one of the -ra level spells until all you can't cast anymore, then use overdrive and do it again, etc. etc. until he staggers. If you need to, chug the ether and continue.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Fhqwhgads posted:

I...I just realized something. I'm on day 5, and completed missions 1, 2, and am stuck on the boss of 3, and have completed (almost) all of the sidequests in areas 1 and 2, and only NOW am I noticing the "Adornment" slot in my schemata. Yep.

Two words: cowboy hat. You'll thank me.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Tempo 119 posted:

I couldn't make a dent in either of the optional bosses

Spoilered for strategy: then you're not staggering quickly or frequently enough. IIRC, you have to stagger both of them like 4 times within a short period of time in order to actually start damaging it at a decent pace. Also, actually damaging it is tough, but once they've been staggered they lose their resistance to poison. Chug ethers and abuse overdrive to stagger.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Fedule posted:

Beat Ereshkigal.

Got Ultima.

Everything I could use it on is extinct.

:(

It's not very good anyway - I tried it once and never used it again. The problem is the damage you do is inversely proportionate to the amount of HP you have left, so unless you're constantly keeping yourself at low HP, it doesn't do nearly as much damage as other things you have.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Didn't help that the dungeon before him is bullshit with your hp slowly draining.
Mediguard.

The drain is slow, so being able to restore some HP in battle while you're waiting for your ATB to regen makes a huge difference. It works really well with spells that take a while to complete - I'd throw off a couple Elementas, then mediguard until they killed the enemy. Was usually good for 500 - 1K HP or so.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Good idea. Does it stack with regen? Because I have Shard Blades on 2/3 of my schematas. But I suck so bad I was still running out of hp!

Yes, I believe it does stack with regen.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Mischitary posted:

Noel/Caius are probably the best characters.

Whaaaat? Their back story was interesting, but Noel is basically adult Sora and doesn't fit in at all with the rest of the 13 cast, attitude or appearance-wise. It's like they were just trying to bring in the Kingdom Hearts fans.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Mischitary posted:

How is Noel's upbeat personality that different from, say, Snow's in XIII?

Snow is putting on a front. Noel is just naturally annoying.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

As someone mentioned previously in the thread, Lightning's delivery works well in this game as long as you're not taking it seriously. She's the straight-man in a completely ridiculous world.

Aurain posted:

Except Wrex, naturally.

Mordin, Garrus, Javik...

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Aurain posted:

Normal mode is easy. Easy may as well be a movie. That's about the skinny of it.

Small correction: normal mode is easy if you have the right setups and block effectively. I've seen lots of people complain about the difficulty even in easy mode because they were set up inefficiently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Tempo 119 posted:

5. Neptune/Purple Heart

The fact that this is even on the list shows just how worthless the whole thing is.

• Locked thread