Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zenthursdays
Oct 20, 2009

:feelsgood:
Yeah mine signs me in all the time when my roommate is playing and I sit down on the couch to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Titanfall codes are going out.

The infinite power of the cloud is also at its theoretical maximum it seems, as Titanfall beta is now unable to show the list of data centres at all.

Well done!

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

If I worked there I'd have freaked out long ago and smeared toner all over my naked body, flopping around to spell out "I TOLD YOU SO!" on the carpet until campus security could drag me away.
:xbone:

King Burgundy posted:

Bass Bottles didn't actually include all the exclusives in his draft that I used, but I DID start to add them all for a moment. However, after adding Fighter Within and Crimson Dragon it just made me sad, so I pulled them back out and left it as "featured" exclusives. :) No one really needs to be subjected to those.

Ah so you didn't actually forget Fi Wi and Crim Drag. My bad, sorry.

But did you maybe overlook this hot little number soon to hit the XB1 scene?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq0_dGKx4Os

Some goons might want to know its an upcoming exclusive given the success coming out of the superbowl.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Shadow Puppet Of posted:

Ah so you didn't actually forget Fi Wi and Crim Drag. My bad, sorry.

But did you maybe overlook this hot little number soon to hit the XB1 scene?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq0_dGKx4Os

Some goons might want to know its an upcoming exclusive given the success coming out of the superbowl.

I know you posted this ironically, but I love Harmonix and they haven't let me down yet. :) I'll add it to the OP.

Ronald Duck
Jun 26, 2005
My mum says I’m cool.
Anyone want to play the Titanfall beta? I have a spare code :).

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Laserface posted:

Titanfall codes are going out.

The infinite power of the cloud is also at its theoretical maximum it seems, as Titanfall beta is now unable to show the list of data centres at all.

Well done!

If it helps anyone else, if you enter your code on the Xbox website, the download is waiting for you in the "My Games & Apps" menu.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Chick3n posted:

Anyone want to play the Titanfall beta? I have a spare code :).

PMed.

e: Chick3n is a gentleman/gentlelady and scholar. Voted 5, would buy again.

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Feb 14, 2014

Ronald Duck
Jun 26, 2005
My mum says I’m cool.

Sent :).

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

have a spare, but I am waiting to make sure none of my IRL friends need it first.

first person to quote this post has dibs if it is not required.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Laserface posted:

have a spare, but I am waiting to make sure none of my IRL friends need it first.

first person to quote this post has dibs if it is not required.

I'd like dibs.

If your friends don't end up wanting it.

JackDarko fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Feb 14, 2014

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

you have mail JackDarko.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Soul Glo posted:

It also lets 343 get another crack at making an easy good Halo game before they do Halo 5 like they did Halo 4.

Except last time they did this, they outsourced everything to some Russian studio and they made every humanoid look super ugly. Even Master Chief and especially Keyes. I didn't like the re-orchestration either, it always sounded off compared to O'Donnell's work.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Laserface posted:

you have mail JackDarko.

Let the record show Laserface is a cool rear end dude, thank you so much!

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
A non blinding white background in the friends/xbox music apps would be nice. The whole UI is white on black, but those blow your eyes out in a dark room.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Have they released the update which allows you to manage your own storage yet? I thought it was supposed to be released on the 11th but I didn't see anything.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

General Probe posted:

Have they released the update which allows you to manage your own storage yet? I thought it was supposed to be released on the 11th but I didn't see anything.

That update hasn't come out yet. It's supposed to provide tons of QoL upgrades but got delayed to "sometime this week" and its friday now so unless they plan on releasing on Saturday its seeming unlikely. Might get wrapped up into the also planned upcoming Here are Features We Need for Titanfall which for Some Reason We Didn't Launch With specific patch.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
So do demo xbox ones even exist in stores yet? Its been like 4 months. Everyone has the same fake xbone, looping video and empty controller holders.

I asked the guy at bestbuy and he said he was told it was due to low stock but then he pointed out they have 50+ sitting in the back of the store.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Don Lapre posted:

So do demo xbox ones even exist in stores yet? Its been like 4 months. Everyone has the same fake xbone, looping video and empty controller holders.

I asked the guy at bestbuy and he said he was told it was due to low stock but then he pointed out they have 50+ sitting in the back of the store.

I've seen a total of one, which was in the same empty kiosk box as all the others, and the box even had "display only, not a functional unit" on it, so I suspect the Gamestop employees just put a real one in there to push sales.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Don Lapre posted:

My local GameStop just got one. The only playable game is Forza, but I finally got to touch the controller and try out the rumble triggers. They were kind of cool.

The TV wasn't set up right though, and kept covering 1/3 of the screen with some kind of weird overlay (pictures of parrots??) At first I thought it was the Xbox doing it, but then I realized the overlay had the TV logo on it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Don Lapre posted:

The only ones I've noticed were at a Microsoft store. Shortly before release they had a setup running with Killer Instinct and another outside with the dancing game.

Then a few weeks back they had 4 or 5 setup throughout the store. All of them were playing Madden or Forza I think.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

I've been able to play bones at Game Stops and maybe a Best Buy or two.

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived...
The February update should start rolling out today.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
I've seen full kiosks but my experience is that our market gets all the cool poo poo at retail anyway. If something is going to only exist in 6 malls, the big one here is one of them.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Obsurveyor posted:

Except last time they did this, they outsourced everything to some Russian studio and they made every humanoid look super ugly. Even Master Chief and especially Keyes. I didn't like the re-orchestration either, it always sounded off compared to O'Donnell's work.

I don't think the problem was the studio; so much as the idiotic decision to use the same underlying models with their low-rear end poly counts, and slapping some HD textures on top. Rather than something that would require work like making new models from scratch. All so you could switch between the OG graphics and the "new" graphics :jerkbag:. If I wanted the old loving graphics, I would have bought the old loving game. They should've just included a code for the GoD version of Halo 1, and used assets from 3 and 4.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

FuSchnick posted:

Any way to force the drat thing (just because I know this is going to be asked over and over again)

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Maneki Neko posted:

Any way to force the drat thing (just because I know this is going to be asked over and over again)

Someone asked on the last page and apparently you cannot.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Someone asked on the last page and apparently you cannot.

I'd assume if you did a console refresh it'll download it when it gets to the part where it scans for latest updates. Granted that'll be hours later so its not exactly a viable solution. Update: It won't work, haha.

This update fixes neither of my problems

1) Youtube can't be snapped
2) The TV app craps out occasionally when in non-power save mode requiring a hard turn off which is darkly humurous but seriously, come on now.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Feb 15, 2014

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Barudak posted:

I'd assume if you did a console refresh it'll download it when it gets to the part where it scans for latest updates. Granted that'll be hours later so its not exactly a viable solution.

This update fixes neither of my problems

1) Youtube can't be snapped
2) The TV app craps out occasionally when in non-power save mode requiring a hard turn off which is darkly humurous but seriously, come on now.

Snap-enabling is up to the developer.

And yes, no way to force the update.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Chasiubao posted:

Snap-enabling is up to the developer.

Hence me fistwaggling at the heavens that youtube still doesn't snap. At least it isn't the complete tease that is Netflix.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Barudak posted:

I'd assume if you did a console refresh it'll download it when it gets to the part where it scans for latest updates. Granted that'll be hours later so its not exactly a viable solution.

This won't work either.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
Mine just did it automatically when I soft turned off the Xbox and went to dinner.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Barudak posted:

This is weird. That doesn't sound like a normal issue. Can you explain it in more detail?

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Mister Macys posted:

I don't think the problem was the studio; so much as the idiotic decision to use the same underlying models with their low-rear end poly counts, and slapping some HD textures on top. Rather than something that would require work like making new models from scratch. All so you could switch between the OG graphics and the "new" graphics :jerkbag:.
The best part of this was how some of the new environment models were frequently smaller in size than the old models, leading to shots being blocked by invisible poo poo. Happened a ton in the sniper mission. You'd have a clear view of/shot at an Elite, complete with red crosshairs. Instead of killing him when you fired, your bullet would show an impact in midair. If you swapped to the old graphics your view would be nothing but a huge-rear end low-poly tree.

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

The best part of this was how some of the new environment models were frequently smaller in size than the old models, leading to shots being blocked by invisible poo poo. Happened a ton in the sniper mission. You'd have a clear view of/shot at an Elite, complete with red crosshairs. Instead of killing him when you fired, your bullet would show an impact in midair. If you swapped to the old graphics your view would be nothing but a huge-rear end low-poly tree.

Wow, I was cursing not having anniversary when I was playing Halo 1 and getting lots of frame drops, but maybe that was a blessing in disguise.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
If anyone else has a spare TitanFall beta code, I will gladly be your valentine. I still haven't gotten an e-mail for the beta, and I would love to play it this weekend.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Charles Martel posted:

If anyone else has a spare TitanFall beta code, I will gladly be your valentine. I still haven't gotten an e-mail for the beta, and I would love to play it this weekend.

If you don't mind being a little scummy about it, you can pull a valid-but-used PC code from one of the twitter giveaways and go through EA's support system saying you have a PC code and need an XBONE code. They've got an automated process that's swapping valid codes for one system for codes for the other. Takes about two hours. Several of my friends said they had success doing this.

On a related note, I just got my own beta invite. That said, a download code for a 4gb install arriving at 8pm means I won't get to play this until I'm off work tomorrow at least. Sort of a bummer, since I was really looking forward to playing tonight.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

BonoMan posted:

This is weird. That doesn't sound like a normal issue. Can you explain it in more detail?

It has a specific error code; 0x8027025a TV Took to Long to Start.

It is apparently caused by the same issue related to the Blu-Ray playback and other app issues where the Bone doesn't properly clear out its memory and those causes its apps to crash. A hard turn off fixes the issue right up but still. it'd be hilarious if it weren't dampening my ability to use one of my favorite things about the system.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Funkmaster General posted:

If you don't mind being a little scummy about it, you can pull a valid-but-used PC code from one of the twitter giveaways and go through EA's support system saying you have a PC code and need an XBONE code. They've got an automated process that's swapping valid codes for one system for codes for the other. Takes about two hours. Several of my friends said they had success doing this.

No, I don't want to take a code away from someone else who is on the fence and genuinely wants to try it out. I'd rather a code from someone who has no interest in it.

Either way, I've been watching videos and reading the thread trying to get a feel for how it is. Seems promising so far.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Charles Martel posted:

No, I don't want to take a code away from someone else who is on the fence and genuinely wants to try it out. I'd rather a code from someone who has no interest in it.

Either way, I've been watching videos and reading the thread trying to get a feel for how it is. Seems promising so far.

I don't think this is taking a code away from anyone, as it's just giving you a fresh code to replace the used one you send them. I guess if there's theoretically a hard limit to the number of people they let in, you'd be kicking someone, somewhere, out of their place, but I doubt there is considering how many codes were/are being given away on twitter etc.

Of course, it's still a scummy way to get a code and I can understand being against it for that reason. I doubt anyone is going to have a code that has no interest in it, though, because the only other reason to sign up for the beta at all would be to sell the code on ebay or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

FuSchnick posted:

I got my update. I can now tell how much battery life my controller has left. :)

• Locked thread