Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

isndl posted:

As of this moment, Twitch appears to have no Pokemon in the party. It's an endless cycle of blacking out every few steps.

e:f,b

We have a glitch pokemon in the party, apparently every time a poison tick could happen the game realizes that we have no actual pokemon and we black out. We can make it as far as Nurse Joy's counter in the pokemon center but I don't know if we can actually talk to Nurse Joy before we black out. In the event we tried to heal our pokemon it would probably break the game.

I want to get off Charizard M's wild ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Well, the streamer tried to fix it.

Doesn't seem to have worked, however.
WELLP.

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

YellerBill posted:

I want to get off Charizard M's wild ride.

I dunno, I'm kind of sad that I'm NOT baked for this. :smith:

Looks as though Admin has decided that DIRECT INTERVENTION IS NECESSARY and is fiddling with finding a solution.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Divine intervention!

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
aaaaaaannnnnnndddd we're back.
Time to gently caress about in celadon for another couple hours.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

I just wanna know where we are. Which save did we load?

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

Chat wants to go right back to the Battle Tent to break everything again :regd08:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

YellerBill posted:

Chat wants to go right back to the Battle Tent to break everything again :regd08:

The streamer was already really irritated with the PC shenanigans, so I bet if they do this and break the game again, it's over.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

Cubey posted:

The streamer was already really irritated with the PC shenanigans, so I bet if they do this and break the game again, it's over.

Does the streamer hate fun or something

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Considering this is a super hard romhack and the objective is to catch all 151 I would say yes

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
The Battle Tent was hacked into the ROM as an entirely new thing, isn't it? I'm not surprised that the stress test of Twitch broke it the first time they used it.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
What the hell is the Battle Tent in context of Gen 1?

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Oh poo poo, stream paused. Unpatching the Battle Tent, maybe?

Edit: Yep. Straight up murdered the battle tent guys.

Remora fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Feb 21, 2015

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Battle tent was put in as a way to grind money for pokeballs for the catch em all thing.

:allears:

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Zore posted:

Battle tent was put in as a way to grind money for pokeballs for the catch em all thing.

:allears:
This makes it even better.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Should have sent a poet :allears:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Nettle Soup posted:

The battle tent stole all their pokemon and NPCs are glitching out too now. This is what they found in their pokemon list.

I've seen that Pokémon before. An 'M-block with a Charizard sprite is exactly what you get when the game tries to load blank data into your party. I think it's clear that the Battle Tent wasn't adequately tested and wound up doing something bad, possibly deleting the party after the battle.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I can't wait to see the fanart of Charizard returning from the dead to wipe out the party in revenge :allears:

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Another defeated maze with no democrazy. This was the lift key maze though, and so there's at least one more maze run to do.

The backpack is full, and they have to toss an item to get the lift key. Without accidentally digging out.

E: Rest in peace super potions. Lift Key acquired.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
They actually ran out of inventory space? I'm surprised they haven't thrown away everything but the plot-protected items already.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Current inventory:

Items
Poke Doll × 9
Fire Stone × 2
Escape Rope × 1
Moon Stone × 1

Medicine
Fresh Water × 4
PP Up × 1
Rare Candy × 1

Poké Balls
Great Ball × 11

TMs & HMs
TM32 Double Team × 3
HM01 Cut × 1
TM07 Horn Drill × 1
TM10 Double Edge × 1
TM21 Mega Drain × 1

Also apparently they got 16 pokeballs into the PC somehow without changing the party around.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
We made it through Giovanni's Wild Ride!!

And then we fought a random Rocket whose Muk used Minimize and Harden until we couldn't touch it.
And then we blacked out.

THE RIDE NEVER ENDS!

Buh
May 17, 2008
We caught ourselves a Snorlax, followed rapidly by Krabby - and Kingler, like Parasect, has godlike stats in this ROM. Both can also serve as our Surf and Strength guy.

Unfortunately we deposited Persian and Flareon while keeping all of our lame ground types but overall a pretty good result.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Buh posted:

We caught ourselves a Snorlax, followed rapidly by Krabby - and Kingler, like Parasect, has godlike stats in this ROM. Both can also serve as our Surf and Strength guy.

Unfortunately we deposited Persian and Flareon while keeping all of our lame ground types but overall a pretty good result.
Haha oh God now they're going to start freaking out and obsessing about getting their epic lulz pokemon back and end up releasing everything good they have, just like before.

Buh
May 17, 2008

Hazo posted:

Haha oh God now they're going to start freaking out and obsessing about getting their epic lulz pokemon back and end up releasing everything good they have, just like before.

Absolutely true.
So far we've deposited Onix with no casualties, at least

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Free Digrat

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Hazo posted:

Chat doing stupid poo poo for the sake of memes is a proud TPP tradition. If you didn't think Charizard getting sacrificed in a failed attempt to retrieve a level 14 Kakuna was funny as gently caress I don't know what to say

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Chat doing stupid poo poo for the sake of memes is a proud TPP tradition. If you didn't think Charizard getting sacrificed in a failed attempt to retrieve a level 14 Kakuna was funny as gently caress I don't know what to say

It gets old. Doing something stupid accidentally is hilarious, but deliberately trying to recreate it for the sake of some contrived tradition or narrative they've decided to obsess over is just tedious fanfiction.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Do is the Thundercat released yet? It was at the bottom of the PC when I went to bed last night and they were going in for another attempt.

Although, the party they've got now isn't half bad...

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Geostomp posted:

It gets old. Doing something stupid accidentally is hilarious, but deliberately trying to recreate it for the sake of some contrived tradition or narrative they've decided to obsess over is just tedious fanfiction.
Yeah, but there's also waking up and having zero idea what any of these new pokemon are excepting Parsect. At least some continuity would be nice.

Though the current party does look pretty nice from a coverage perspective.

EDIT: Also how do we have so much cash?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Nettle Soup posted:

Do is the Thundercat released yet? It was at the bottom of the PC when I went to bed last night and they were going in for another attempt.

Although, the party they've got now isn't half bad...
Thundercat has gone to the big pc in the pokecenter.

Not released yet though no. Surprisingly few releases the last few PC trips.

http://twitchplayspokemon.org/

lurksion posted:

EDIT: Also how do we have so much cash?
I don't know. I suspect some kind of memory edit or a money vending machine near the Safari Zone.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Does anyone know why it's down now? Patching the ROM?

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Something shut the actual PC down and we're waiting for the streamer to wake up and fix it.

Edit: It was a power outage, it's fixed, but we're wandering around the Safari Zone with a full Box. PC trip incoming.

Remora fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Feb 25, 2015

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

This is going well.

Buh
May 17, 2008

Nettle Soup posted:

This is going well.

Sadly, this is a visual glitch and our team's still (somewhat?) intact.

Much as I want us to be stuck on Cinnibar with a team that's 40 levels too low and no surfer.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

It wasn't a glitch at the time, they managed to deposit parasect and then had to deposit/withdraw the whole box until he was at the top again to get him back.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Nettle Soup posted:

It wasn't a glitch at the time, they managed to deposit parasect and then had to deposit/withdraw the whole box until he was at the top again to get him back.
Wow. And nothing was released?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

A Seel, a couple of other random level 5 pokemon, a vulpix maybe, nothing major.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Parasect's pretty much become the Lazorgator of this run huh? I wonder how much that's going to bite us in the arse when we get to the Elite 4 and it doesn't have an insane level advantage anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

We're trapped by the burglar in the Pokemon Mansion again.

• Locked thread