Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Ehud posted:

I hope this case goes quickly for the sake of the women involved.

There's a 'Darren Sharper is fast' joke in there somewhere, but I can't find it.

like his micropenis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Isentropy posted:

With no parole! He can be roomies with Lil Boosie in Angola!

Hey. Lil Boosie's free man.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Isentropy posted:

Until Governor Brees steps in....

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Cadence posted:

It could get in as an an admission against interest perhaps? I am not a lawyer in Cali or Louisiana. Or anywhere really.
Possibly, but that exception only applies if the defendant is unavailable, so it'll depend on if he invokes the Fifth. (I am a lawyer, but in neither state, and I only do civil law and got a B in evidence like five years ago.)

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Elotana posted:

Unfortunately that's almost certainly inadmissible hearsay, but god drat.

A criminal defendant's own statements are totally admissible provided the person who actually heard the statement testifies.

Admission by party opponent.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Yeah but ask me about patent law and I'll totally know it :iamafag:

(You can tell the only objections I've used since law school are privilege, form, and non-responsive)

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I have a question about patent law but it would derail the entire thread.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Isentropy posted:

Boosie is out, bro.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
all i've gotta say about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz3PhWFhA3I&t=25s

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

This is not the kind of case that multimillionaire athletes walk out of, right? Just the thought of this subhuman seeing the light of day again kind of makes me a little nauseous.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

mdemone posted:

This is not the kind of case that multimillionaire athletes walk out of, right? Just the thought of this subhuman seeing the light of day again kind of makes me a little nauseous.

It's pretty salacious, so even if he somehow manages to skate past this, his public life is all but over.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

mdemone posted:

If it was like one or two, he could probably pay a large settlement and walk away from it. Multiple charges across multiple states and he's hosed.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sharper was indicted on the AZ rapes yesterday, and his attorney was served the indictment today. 2 counts of sexual assault, 2 counts of administering dangerous drug.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Jeez man. This guy really liked raping girls. What the gently caress.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

Santheb posted:

Jeez man. This guy really liked raping girls. What the gently caress.

Yeah if he barely liked raping girls I might've been more understanding.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Mercaptopropyl posted:

Yeah if he barely liked raping girls I might've been more understanding.

Because this is exactly what I meant.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
So when does this become a federal case?

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

swickles posted:

Committing crimes in a bunch of states doesn't automatically make it federal. It'll probably go like the beltway snipers where they ended up with a thick stack of consecutive life sentences in numerous states.

Captain von Trapp fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Mar 13, 2014

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Based on my calculations, 34% of the posters in this thread were raped by Darren Sharper.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Mods, please change thread title to "Darren Sharper Charged with ALL of the Rapes." Thank you have a good day.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

swickles posted:

When they find the party bus he rented and drugged and raped women across state lines.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Oil! posted:

When they find the party bus he rented and drugged and raped women across state lines.

You act like there's a good chance that didn't happen...

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Breaky posted:

You act like there's a good chance that didn't happen...

Start in Jersey and end up in NYC, I would be kind of surprised if he didn't do that at least once.

I would be kind of surprised if Sharper hadn't committed a rape in this manner! Christ this is nearing Sandusky levels of evil.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Chichevache posted:

Start in Jersey and end up in NYC, I would be kind of surprised if he didn't do that at least once.

I would be kind of surprised if Sharper hadn't committed a rape in this manner! Christ this is nearing Sandusky levels of evil.

Except Sharper didn't have his rapes covered up by a state funded university.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Dexo posted:

I'm just going to assume Notre Dame was involved until someone proves otherwise.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Chichevache posted:

I'm just going to assume Notre Dame was involved until someone proves otherwise.

Notre Dame is at least privately funded, and Catholic, so statutory rape is kinda assumed.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Dexo posted:

Technically, neither did Sandusky.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Sash! posted:

Technically, neither did Sandusky.

Yeah, this is the direction we want this thread to go.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I think he's just being glib about the fact that PSU receives less than 10% of their budget from state funding. At least I hope so.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

mdemone posted:

To summarize the heap of trouble Sharper is in:

He is in jail in L.A. and will probably go to jail for 30 years just on the counts there alone
He is indicted on multiple felony counts in Arizona
He bailed himself out with a million dollars in Louisiana, and I believe L.A. is waiting for Louisiana to indict him so they can lock him up indefinitely in L.A., no bail
He is under investigation in Florida and Nevada

Very screwed even by celebrity standards.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
They should make him share a cell with Big Lurch.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Dexo posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if he had a Sexboat or two.

He was on the Vikings in 2005.

Edit:

"Rapist Darren Sharper taking the high road posted:

"I'm shocked," said free safety Darren Sharper, who signed with Minnesota last March after eight years with the Green Bay Packers. "I came here and thought we were going to have a chance to win a championship. Right now it doesn't look like we have a chance to win. We're not playing well; we're not making proper decisions."

Bip Roberts fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Mar 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I somehow missed this story initially, wow. Here's an article from the NYT today

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/16/sports/football/ex-nfl-star-who-spoke-out-for-women-is-accused-of-being-a-rapist.html?hp&_r=0

• Locked thread