Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

Are you loving stupid or something?

Do you really need to ask?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Sojenus posted:

leveraging your video game social group for marketing purposes puts a real bad taste in my mouth. almost as bad a taste as sauce. be it espagnole or béchamel, it just doesn't sit right with me.

If you used some of my delicious homemade BBQ sauce recipes instead of whatever godawful poo poo you are referring to above, you wouldn't have that problem.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
mangosteen

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
now can we talk about spaceships in the spaceship thread? okay.

i'd like to hear more about the potential for loving up other people's space in fozzie sov.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

More like :ullerrm:. I was using this to gently caress with Nulli during my last month in Rote, but never lost it, and I ended up repackaging it and selling off the bits. If I ever get bored and feel like nuking my reimbursement cap in one shot for a month, it'll get trotted out again.

quote:

[Kronos, abandoned]
Damage Control II
Core X-Type Large Armor Repairer
Core X-Type Large Armor Repairer
Corelum C-Type Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Corelum C-Type Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

Large Micro Jump Drive
True Sansha Warp Scrambler
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
Heavy 'Brave' Capacitor Booster, Navy Cap Booster 800

Neutron Blaster Cannon II, Null L
'Moat' Heavy Energy Neutralizer I
Shadow Serpentis Medium Plasma Smartbomb
Shadow Serpentis Medium Plasma Smartbomb
Bastion Module I

Large Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Large Nanobot Accelerator II

Valkyrie II x5
Warrior II x5
Acolyte II x5
Hobgoblin II x5
Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge L x1500
Null L x1500
Void L x1500
Nanite Repair Paste x300
Navy Cap Booster 800 x45

Genolution Core Augmentation CA-1
Genolution Core Augmentation CA-4
Genolution Core Augmentation CA-3
Genolution Core Augmentation CA-2
Inherent Implants 'Noble' Repair Systems RS-605
Eifyr and Co. 'Gunslinger' Motion Prediction MR-705
Inherent Implants 'Squire' Capacitor Management EM-805
Inherent Implants 'Noble' Repair Proficiency RP-905
Zainou 'Deadeye' Large Hybrid Turret LH-1005

With links, I can literally survive having a blap Moros dropped on me.

Also, I've been looking for a while for this matchup, and it made SUCH GOOD VIDEO: https://zkillboard.com/kill/46447565/

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 18:42 on May 6, 2015

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Yay Numismancer Kyle and Jokine all buds again and the NDP in charge of Alberta, truly this is the best of all worlds Pollyanna :shobon:

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Numismancer posted:

See, more fanfic about 'ban for negrep'.

You guys are really serious about hanging onto the r/Eve and Zulu bullshit line.

I don't know what Zulu is, besides some Eve forum. I have no idea in what context you're mentioning /r/eve as I haven't been on it in the last week. The context from this thread is all I have, but nice job on your "Look at this 4-chan human being, lololol" *ribs friend* dismissal.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

goonfleet dot com, known un-echo chamber

I find it unrealistic to expect that you, as a mod, haven't seen the circle-jerking so I figure you're trying to troll me.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Do you really need to ask?

I also thought this went without saying.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Blazing Zero posted:

now can we talk about spaceships in the spaceship thread? okay.

i'd like to hear more about the potential for loving up other people's space in fozzie sov.

I would as well, when the time comes. I'd love to see what roles cap ships are going to fill that aren't "rep ~thing~ forever". It seems like marauders could actually be useful in non-pve environments for sov, but that's just speculative too from what I was reading.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I find it unrealistic to expect that you, as a mod, haven't seen the circle-jerking so I figure you're trying to troll me.

:psyduck:

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Not BBQ sauce, but here's a Thai curry I got from Jokine of all people a few years back. Requires thai red curry paste to work, but that's easy enough to find at any asian grocery store:

-2 cans coconut milk
-1,5 tsp thai red curry paste
-2 tbsp brown sugar
-2 tbsp oyster sauce
-1 tbsp fish sauce
-1 tsp curry powder
-1/2 cup peanuts
-1 large onion, chopped
-1/2 bell pepper, julienned

Mix ingredients, boil a bit on low heat, simmer, and reduce. Add chicken, pork, or fish and slow cook this to your heart's content. Serve over rice.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Numismancer posted:

We hosed up with Rayonar hilariously - it was a spy mistake on an epic level, and that's why we loudly apologized and gave him a fresh Titan back.

On the Jokine stuff: Jokine hasn't been able to post since April 26th in the Imperium Realtalk thread. He was nuked on May 5th - it had nothing to do with posting or negrep. However, it's pretty drat clear that he has no idea why we nuked him which muddies the waters terribly for everyone else, and he's apologized profusely for a bunch of poo poo I wasn't actually unhappy about. Bonus, due to this drama, a piece of rotten fruit has been shaken loose from the tree, so I'm going to unban Jokine and shoot the person who actually needs shooting.

Regarding the H1Z1 stuff, we're going multiplatform because we need to do so to recruit and survive, it's kind of like when we first rammed through the 'alien and ungoony' reimbursement program. Future attacks on other games will be a lot more casual and less new/scary because it's now just a Thing We Do. That's why you saw all the posts from every coalition leader in the Imperium loudly supporting it.

Totally missed this bit. woof.

No wonder I seemed completely out of context.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

ullerrm posted:

More like :ullerrm:. I was using this to gently caress with Nulli during my last month in Rote, but never lost it, and I ended up repackaging it and selling off the bits. If I ever get bored and feel like nuking my reimbursement cap in one shot for a month, it'll get trotted out again.

With links, I can literally survive having a blap Moros dropped on me.

Also, I've been looking for a while for this matchup, and it made SUCH GOOD VIDEO: https://zkillboard.com/kill/46447565/

Does your space magick know no bounds? That looks like a fun ship, got any footage of it doing work?

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Totally missed this bit. woof.

No wonder I seemed completely out of context.

Hey, at least you caught on. vOv

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Yay Jokine :unsmith:

I hate it when mommy and daddy fight

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi
So Mittani took some time to explain to my ~slowbrain~ why I was headshot. All of my edgy shitposting and true goon comedy was totally indicative of someone ready to go fuckgoons. From that perspective, I can totally see it and frankly do not blame them at all for doing it. In my little posting world, I had just been seeing stuff as isolated posts where as the directorate was seeing the story of JOKINE: REVENGE OF ORDO GARR.

TLDR; I ~truegooned~ to the point of every one getting jumpy. I also was inadvertently encouraging people to be as dumb and potentially more dumb than me.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Numismancer posted:

Hey, at least you caught on. vOv

Don't post and run IT support queues, kids. poo poo gets wonky.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
I figure that due to the bullshit and illum leak/miscommunication I'll just play the pastebin game myself and post a cut-down log of me and Jokine comparing notes: http://pastebin.com/jPC20hLM

Enjoy your non-drama, however the TEST/Goonfucker crowd is going to go absolutely apeshit of our well-known 'we just shoot goonfuckers' pre-crime policy - they're desperate to latch onto anything at this point.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Also, holy poo poo, CA-3 and CA-4 are now down to 100M each, which makes them cheaper than CA-1 and CA-2. Just spent ~3B on a small stockpile.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

I still think we should :gas: this thread and ban every poster. At least then we could go out on happy ending.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

gently caress. I need to buy some of those now.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

ullerrm posted:

Also, holy poo poo, CA-3 and CA-4 are now down to 100M each, which makes them cheaper than CA-1 and CA-2. Just spent ~3B on a small stockpile.

:ssh:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Don't post and run IT support queues, kids. poo poo gets wonky.

Pretty sure posting doesn't need to get involved for this :v:

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Numismancer posted:

Regarding the H1Z1 stuff, we're going multiplatform because we need to do so to recruit and survive, it's kind of like when we first rammed through the 'alien and ungoony' reimbursement program. Future attacks on other games will be a lot more casual and less new/scary because it's now just a Thing We Do. That's why you saw all the posts from every coalition leader in the Imperium loudly supporting it.

Is the idea that, just as Goonwaffe recruits and gets new blood from SA, various Reddit alliances from Reddit, etc., the Imperium is going multi-platform in order to recruit from people currently playing other games? Thus, EVE will get new players in the Imperium from H1Z1 or whatever other game we invade, and likewise the Imperium in Star Citizen (or whatever) gets a bunch of Imperium players who started in H1Z1 (or whatever).

I feel like I understand the short-term vision: "The EVE Goon Extended Family pulls the equivalent of "Burn Jita" in other games. It will be fun."

I don't understand the longer-term vision, unless my first paragraph is spot-on.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

Ynglaur posted:

Is the idea that, just as Goonwaffe recruits and gets new blood from SA, various Reddit alliances from Reddit, etc., the Imperium is going multi-platform in order to recruit from people currently playing other games? Thus, EVE will get new players in the Imperium from H1Z1 or whatever other game we invade, and likewise the Imperium in Star Citizen (or whatever) gets a bunch of Imperium players who started in H1Z1 (or whatever).

I feel like I understand the short-term vision: "The EVE Goon Extended Family pulls the equivalent of "Burn Jita" in other games. It will be fun."

I don't understand the longer-term vision, unless my first paragraph is spot-on.

Your first paragraph is spot on. Also, we've found that corps who have people who play other games together as a group of friends have superior retention, participation, and loyalty to the community, so we want to not only recruit from other games - we want to get our guys used to playing other games together in an organized way. Stronger identity and group bonding is the only thing defending the Space Empire (tm) when there's a VFK Invasion situation.

It's easy to have friends when you win win win, but those friends desert you if they're only there for ~elite pvp~ and the winning suddenly stops. NCdot is a great example of the glass jaw of a 'win-identity' community. We survived the Delve welp and VFK attack because the bonding between line players, goonmeets, Vegas parties etc mean that when your rear end is on the line and you have nothing but grit on your side, our guys keep logging in despite insurmountable odds and we pull through. We never judge an alliance's strength on their victories, but on their 'oh gently caress everything sucks and we screwed up' moments - how well they pull together, how strong the culture and identity is in those moments, etc.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Ynglaur posted:

unless my first paragraph is spot-on.

mittens said it is in his h1z1 invasion speech

e: beaten :lol:

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I'm more curious is this more to get new blood for existing allies in the Imperium, or are we more looking for groups that already display the ability to work together in an organized way to incorporate into the Imperium as groups? I guess either would be beneficial. Gotta fill space with Fozziesov.

e: heh, cool

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
So, this thread is not only a J4G honeypot! Suddenly much ban drama. Got to read the last 4 pages

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Did all of Warr's ALEXANDER MITTANI GIANTURCO (and variations thereof) characters get force-renamed to Minmatar citizens or what happened there?

These got nuked a couple weeks ago. He appealed to get them restored, but I don't think that's gonna happen. If you're in MiniLuv, there's a renaming contest going on. I think the current front runner (imo) is Istabs Wont SaveYou, Bulkheads Wont SaveYou, Antiganks Wont SaveYou. I also like Killbot1, Killbot2 and Killbot4.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Honestly, my first thought is that this is basically a trial run on what will happen when CCP finally fucks up too many times and Eve dies a sad and lonely death. The other stuff isn't untrue, in that going out and recruiting from other games and building our community through activities is a positive thing and worthwhile on their own. But I have to assume that the people who have put ten years of actual work into running this poo poo have thought about what would happen if Eve closes up, decided that they don't want to lose everything they have built, and want to prepare for it in advance. You start running these sort of short-term game invasions while the core game is still good to work out any problems and tune the process over multiple events, and get people on board with the idea that the Imperium is more than just their Eve ticker. If you can condition people to jump into other games as a coherent group, following the same people, keeping the same sort of discipline and focus that has been cultivated in Eve, then whenever Eve dies you will have have the framework in place to keep the whole juggernaut alive and just make another game the primary residence.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

The reasoning behind invading H1Z1 was great, lots of upside, minimal downside. Easy decision. The messaging needs work for rounds 2-10, because it confused joe evegoon to look at their fleet finder and see it was talking about zombie apocalypses.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Numismancer posted:

Your first paragraph is spot on. Also, we've found that corps who have people who play other games together as a group of friends have superior retention, participation, and loyalty to the community, so we want to not only recruit from other games - we want to get our guys used to playing other games together in an organized way. Stronger identity and group bonding is the only thing defending the Space Empire (tm) when there's a VFK Invasion situation.

It's easy to have friends when you win win win, but those friends desert you if they're only there for ~elite pvp~ and the winning suddenly stops. NCdot is a great example of the glass jaw of a 'win-identity' community. We survived the Delve welp and VFK attack because the bonding between line players, goonmeets, Vegas parties etc mean that when your rear end is on the line and you have nothing but grit on your side, our guys keep logging in despite insurmountable odds and we pull through. We never judge an alliance's strength on their victories, but on their 'oh gently caress everything sucks and we screwed up' moments - how well they pull together, how strong the culture and identity is in those moments, etc.

Here's a thought: Would, in your search to expand to other games/genres, you advocate to bring that player-base into the Goonfleet banner or to develop a TMC forum in order to facilitate organization? My focus is closer to the "shared infrastructure?" question than the "Goon cultural purity" end of the spectrum.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Ashcans posted:

Honestly, my first thought is that this is basically a trial run on what will happen when CCP finally fucks up too many times and Eve dies a sad and lonely death. The other stuff isn't untrue, in that going out and recruiting from other games and building our community through activities is a positive thing and worthwhile on their own. But I have to assume that the people who have put ten years of actual work into running this poo poo have thought about what would happen if Eve closes up, decided that they don't want to lose everything they have built, and want to prepare for it in advance. You start running these sort of short-term game invasions while the core game is still good to work out any problems and tune the process over multiple events, and get people on board with the idea that the Imperium is more than just their Eve ticker. If you can condition people to jump into other games as a coherent group, following the same people, keeping the same sort of discipline and focus that has been cultivated in Eve, then whenever Eve dies you will have have the framework in place to keep the whole juggernaut alive and just make another game the primary residence.

The end goal seems to be a cross-platform community, possibly Mittani wants to build an organization like Curse or whatever.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

would've been better with one hand on each cheek imo

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

what the gently caress have you nerds done to TMC. it looks absolutely atrocious and unreadable now.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
The optics are such that we've found ourselves being caretakers of the Eve Online game preserve, which tremendously limits what I can state in public about my opinions on changes like Fozziesov except that we need recruits due to increased population density in space (which is also why we keep giving up regions to consolidate).

Example: We have the power to absolutely glass Providence and murder it forever, and instead we're doing gimmicky roleplay hijinks and a Burn Amarr and this whole Max Singularity thing. Fights will happen. It will be fun, a bunch of drama and tears, but at the end of the day Provi will still be Provi and they'll have some stories and hijinks to talk about as they (at gunpoint) swear loyalty to Max Singularity and then we Burn Amarr.

Back in the day we could ~try~ to glass Provi and folks would band together to stop us - and we couldn't really do it or keep it dead. AAA conquered Provi but they got it back, etc.

The modern Imperium could absolutely kill Provi, deadzone it, and keep it dead until their whole community ragequit and died. Like Israel, our coalition fought for survival for so long until our enemies collapsed around us and we were abruptly the last guys standing with guns and tanks and nukes, and that kind of raw in-game organizational and military power needs to be used with care.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

vyst posted:

Zephyrine posted:

Boat Theta chased them all Boat away already.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cannon_Fodder posted:

or to develop a TMC forum

They already had a TMC forum, it got shut down after a while since it was pretty dead.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

ullerrm posted:

Time to spend my illgained SKIN-goods on some implants, I guess. (The other plan didn't work out thanks to the market crashing, after all. :v:)

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Numismancer posted:

that kind of raw in-game organizational and military power needs to be used with care.

Nothing says responsible use of power like a month long Burn Jita event. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

DiggityDoink posted:

Mandozer and Jokine, you've both been poo poo recently.

Mandozer, you're terrible because you think you exist outside of the game and yet no one gives a flying gently caress about you anymore.

Jokine, you're apparently bitter as gently caress. Perhaps you should ignore eve for a while, maybe take your anger out on things that exist in real life.

:allears:

• Locked thread