Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Take leather, cut out the rectangles, wrap them around the bars and throttle, mark the holes, punch the holes, lace the grips. Cover the inside with grip glue, place them in the appropriate place, pull the laces tight and tie them off. Stain the leather on the bike using old motor oil.

Grips.

It's surprisingly easy.

These were the grips I made for my Honda. I riveted two pieces together and then laced them up using the laces as a place for my fingers to grip and the rivets in my palms to add grip there. After they aged in the sun and weather a bit they looked fantastic, this is them fresh on with the mohagony stain.

This has been a really cool build to follow. Your bike looks absolutely fantastic. I'm really looking forward to seeing your next set of grips. I really like that you're using leather.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
God drat that paint job is sick. Does it look the way you imagined it would when you began this build, or did it all take shape as you progressed?

• Locked thread