Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Congratulations, you found unfunny german comedy and a politician that is basically getting laughed at? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

utjkju posted:

German comedy disagree with USA, therefore it is unfunny for some people. I know it.

I was more going in the direction of "It's german comedy, therefore it's unfunny.". Also, german comedy also has had an incredibly long history of making fun of americans or american politics, so suddenly picking an example of that out and painting it as representative of "the german opinion" on this topic is kinda...weird.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

utjkju posted:

Ok. Many people from Germany and other country tell about fascism in Ukraina. I think that It is very important.

I cannot speak for other countries, but I can tell you that no, many people from Germany do not tell about facism in Ukraina. You've linked several videos about small-time demonstrations here, mostly from the recent past, all with basically the same SHEEPLE!!-message and a decent helping of :tinfoil:, but this simply isn't representative of what the average german person thinks, especially not with the current conflict in mind.

Keep in mind that I'm not saying that germans don't know about Svoboda holding seats in the government, this is absolutely something that was reported on in the past (despite most of the :tinfoil:-videos tell you that the oppressive mainstream media don't want you to know this) with regard to instability in Ukraine. In general, the prospect of fascists or hardline-nationalists gaining power in the governments of other countries simply isn't something that's omitted in german media.

The reason that noone is talking about Svoboda NOW has nothing to do with supervillain-controlled massmedia feeding you lies, it's the fact that when an airliner gets knocked out of the sky by an anti-aircraft missile, nobody is reacting with "Well, Ukraine does have fascist members of Svoboda in their government. Russia was right, Ukraine was wrong, end of story.".

utjkju posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF6XosFM3Ng
Andreas Popp @ Monday Demonstration ENGLISH SUBTITLES

I've done you the courtesy of sitting through 24 minutes of this and while I hadn't previously heard about Andreas Popp outside of his talks about the global financial crisis, this speech is basically nothing but platitudes, tinfoil-hat garbage and generic OPEN YOUR EYES, TURN OFF YOUR TV, UNPLUG YOURSELVES FROM THE MATRIX (he literally says that last part). He's absolutely correct in mentioning that there's corruption, conflict-of-interest and pressure in journalism/media, but then he goes off the deep end in saying that it's all a conspiracy and that only him and his enlightened followers that have done away with the lies fed to them by their former parties are able to see the truth.

And his solution is for everyone to turn off the TV for a month and not vote anymore.

:what:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

utjkju posted:

If you from Germany you know about speech of Gregor Gizi?
What you can say about it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLZ3gYLDOqU

Bunch of points he mentions:

• Putin's actions are condemnable, but you can't condemn his actions without also mentioning the EU and NATO's ill-advised course of action versus Ukraine and the many fuckups since 1990
  • Russia intervening in Crimea was contrary to international law, but we don't get to point fingers because NATO's intervention in Kosovo 1999 was contrary to international law as well
  • Germany in particular doesn't get to point fingers because it decided to "defend its interests in the Hindu Kush mountains (as germans call it)" and all Russia is doing is defend its interests in Crimea
  • Janukovic's ouster was technically okay because a proper majority of the country said so, but since the vote fell a few percentage points short of 75%, it wasn't constitutionally "okay" and that's what Putin is invoking as grounds for action
  • Germany has neglected its responsibilities to strenghten relationships with other OSCE nations in the past (like Russia and Ukraine) and this needs to be adressed
  • Germany shouldn't negotiate with the Ukrainian government because there are three literal fascists in it
  • Why were only Janukovic's accounts frozen and not those of several Oligarchs implicit in wrongdoing?
  • The conflict needs to be resolved by including Russia in the discussion, not by excluding it

While some of his points stand to reason, the majority of his speech is basically "Yeah, Russia is doing a naughty, but chill out, NATO also did a naughty in the past", which isn't exactly a valid point in an argument over how to fix a conflict. Comparing Crimea to Kosovo is also pretty dumb, but this seems to be a popular comparison among the current talking points.

You need to keep in mind that this speech is from early march, so it's pretty misleading by whichever movements are currently mass-translating pro-russian speeches by german politicians/comedians/etc. to include it in the current argument and go "SEE? GERMANY IS ON OUR SIDE."

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

utjkju posted:

I show other opinions. I know opinion by Merkel.

Listen, I've been perfectly okay with giving you some leeway over the whole language-barrier issue, but if the entirety of your response is going to be an innocent "Yeah, but how about XYZ", then this isn't exactly a discussion that's going anywhere.

I do not presume to know anything about the perception of this issue in Russia so I'm not going to go out of my way to tell russians how they as a people feel about it. You could try to reciprocate and stop attempting to illustrate how the germans as a people feel about any given subject.

quote:

Only facts:
Now:
History:

Once more, I'm going to forego what I think you might be inferring and simply ask you what it is you're inferring with this, because I generally have a predetermined response to the whole Ermaechtigungsgesetze-comparison...at least in the majority of the cases I've encountered it so far.

• Locked thread