Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

Werthog 95 posted:

fuckit i'm emailing about the old tektronix. i don't care if it's less "useful," it is dope

dammit ive been eyeballing that thing for like two weeks hemming and hawing over whether i'd buy it

although i guess if you buy it that makes the decision for me and its not like i have anywhere to put it right now anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

Werthog 95 posted:

already emailed the guy :getin: asked him about probes and he said he'd send some pics on friday since he's in harrisburg right now

i think i'm just gonna buy one of those little digital lcd scopes for now because theyre small and i dont really need anything more complicated than that right now. that tek is awesome though.

i think i might build a foxhole radio this weekend and tune it to the local high-powered classic rock station. i will post pics and videos if this happens.

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

yeah, that doesn't mean they're actually used though. We may have 28 mhz of shortwave bands allocated all told, but there are only like four or five domestic shortwave stations and the only non-religious one, Voice of America, isn't allowed to target US citizens. It's meant for international listeners only. This rule is stupid and backwards.

apparently as of july of last year, the rule against VOA broadcasting to american listeners was ended. you can pick it up on shortwave and its internet stream.

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

hell yeah bro

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

yeeeeeeah go get a temp

also tbqh you need a big rear end antenna on the burb man, i say we pool funds and get you one of these and a 10 meter rig

if you're gonna put a big-rear end antenna on your truck you gotta make sure you drill a hole through a tennis ball and slide that fucker on there for ultimate pro points. dont want that thing whappin up your paint, right?

• Locked thread