Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Hamfests usually also have fun non-ham poo poo that you can have felonious amounts of fun with.

Also if you want to do satcom stuff, quit jacking around and buy an arrow II + tripod. 10w if you want to use the duplexer, but you can bump it up to 150watts without if you've got 2 radios.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
The tripod has a little plate that can rotate 90 degrees to swap polarization. It was designed as a handheld antenna that you could rotate as needed, so the tripod is definitely not using it as intended but whatever, works for me.

edit: when you move to CO, if you do any summit activations it'd be a great antenna for you. Breaks down in half length-wise, and all the elements screw out, so it'd be easy to rollup and strap to your back.

blugu64 fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Apr 18, 2014

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

PuTTY riot posted:

my ham plate came lol. disappointed it's not stamped tho

This took like 2 months to straighten out with TxDOT.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

missed 770 WABC in New York

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Those rubidium frequency standards are like $100 used on eBay. I've been kicking around a the idea of making my own atomic alarm clock with one, but $$$ and effort.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

they want to use http://www.broadband-hamnet.org/

which looks cool and all till you realize that it was developed in fuckin' flat texas
100 mw of whatever will get you across town if you can get an antenna up 30 feet

in it voted 5 (god bless Texas)

none of the old farts around me had interest in it

blugu64 fucked around with this message at 05:57 on May 18, 2015

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Sniep posted:

is that like in a backlash against the "my hip replacement" crowd and their elitism or?

it's why i always make sure to say that I'm a "no code" extra

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

don't blame them simply because you forgot what good web design looks like

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

the AM/FM collection grows with a sobering addition

Sangean WR-1. It sounds SO GOOD.

is that a prison radio?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

god I just had to renew my license, which both reminds me how much I've wasted it, and holy poo poo I'm 10 years older :(

• Locked thread