Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No.Mercy
Oct 4, 2011
Holy ohzones, me either. Yeah I remember you guys, that was some good farming, what guild are you in? My buddy and I are looking for one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Innominate
Sep 2, 2004
The Innominate

Darkmoon2k posted:

For someone who doesn't follow freeshards closely, but is curious, can you elaborate?

While playing the original IPY, Az grew infatuated with some girl who I sometimes played with and took to literally following her around using GM commands to spawn crap. At some point he gave her a recall rune to fire island(iirc), which at the time was closed off. When I got tired of it, I made a large pile of copies, started passing them out, and was of course promptly banned.

I assume my experience was far from unique.

Omega Ozone
Oct 15, 2012

No.Mercy posted:

Holy ohzones, me either. Yeah I remember you guys, that was some good farming, what guild are you in? My buddy and I are looking for one!

It's just a small guild between us called Dungeon Crew. You're welcome to join if you want, it's a super casual guild more than anything.

az
Dec 2, 2005

I just want to state for the record I have nothing to do with whatever dude stole my marvellous name.

Defstoner
Apr 7, 2005

I sell shoes for a living. Kill me please.
Busy weekend. An event, a new dungeon and elections are taking place. Any goons running for king?

rsjr
Nov 2, 2002

yay for protoss being so simple that retards can win with it
Server has 1.3k active clients, at 3 per IP and assuming every nerd is maxed out, that's still a good bit of active users. I'll bite.

Rabbi
Nov 20, 2002

rsjr posted:

Server has 1.3k active clients, at 3 per IP and assuming every nerd is maxed out, that's still a good bit of active users. I'll bite.
Christ, fine, I'll play, leave me alone.

Tomed2000
Jun 24, 2002

Rabbi posted:

Christ, fine, I'll play, leave me alone.

:woop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alO39WSqwTA

COOKIEMONSTER
Oct 31, 2006
As an affluent straight white male I know quite a bit second hand what it's like to be incredibly poor and oppressed.
I so don't want to make a character again for the 15th time on a new server. Why can't they just be sensible and give people a unique IP skill gain bonus to their first character made so I can make a character in two days instead of wanting to throttle myself killing harpies for like a full week.

ShadowMoo posted:

Why not just make it so any kind of damage auto dismounts you and you enter a cooldown for mounting again?

For one, griefers would force dismounts and then murder peoples mounts and run away, just to grief people.

For two it can be easily used to gain zerg advantage over players. If its a 10v3 fight, 5 player can chase the 3 on foot causing minor damage, while the other 5 run down their timers and then rush up on horses and sync attack on the helpless 3 people running on foot.

Uncle Spriggly
Jan 29, 2009
I've just been killing poo poo with my provo archer to get my gains. It feels quite a bit slower than UO Forever but it's still a good time. Anyone around? Wanna meet up and auto-attack some poo poo together?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

COOKIEMONSTER posted:

For one, griefers would force dismounts and then murder peoples mounts and run away, just to grief people.

UO was all about griefing for me so I see nothing wrong with this.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
I'M A TURTLE AND I'M SURFING, THAT'S CRAZY!
I hate you guys. I've been playing I uof since the initial cancellation of ipy3. Now I see all the goons I played with on past shards starting here ugh!

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
How is this server so far? I haven't started up yet since it seems like the Goons aren't as active on this as UOF.

Holophonist
Aug 22, 2012

Only a few people in the whole universe can play it, and they're not very good at it.
Ugh. I can get behind the no-mounts thing, but the lack of skill synergies (like LJ, inscription, poisoning, etc) is what gets me. Why take away the diversity? I just have no motivation to play this shard because I don't want to run around in a group of all tank mages, despite the fact that everything else about the server seems great.

Zoopy
Aug 31, 2002

"HAT."
Anyone still playing this? I've been lazily macroing, almost have my stealth mage complete.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
Are goons even active on this shard anymore?

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
Looks like this shard is dying/dead. If any of you guys still want to play we have a pretty good group over on UOF.

SoUr
Jun 1, 2008
Is this server dead dead or just no goons in it?

I've got some guys in UOF, but horse PvP is just too boring for me to stick with it; seems all I do is chase after people on horse for screens at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

SoUr posted:

Is this server dead dead or just no goons in it?

I've got some guys in UOF, but horse PvP is just too boring for me to stick with it; seems all I do is chase after people on horse for screens at a time.

You could just join up with the rest of us on UOF we have like 10+ people.

• Locked thread