Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Almost every problem I've had with the network stream has been fixed by a browser refresh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Sanguinia posted:

That crowd was popping for Big Show, ya'll can dump on him being old and not liking him all you want but he's decently popular :colbert:

I hate him.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Why are they showing one of the most notoriously awful PPVs of all time now, haha.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I get the idea of showing old Great American Bashes on July 4, but holy cow was GAB '04 loving bad

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
GAB '95 actually wasn't terrible considering how bad WCW could be in 1995. A really rare good main event, too.

GAB 2000 is on now, and I do not expect great things.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Oh my god, someone at WWE bothered to put a big "ITEM NO LONGER AVAILABLE" caption on the Hulk Hogan Raft.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
If they did, I missed it. They are showing the 2009 Bash later, which at least had a really good Rey/Jericho match in it.

Also, GAB '89 is up on Monday, and that show is insanely good. I realize this is really silly since all of those are up on-demand, but gently caress it, I like putting the network live stream up when I'm doing work or studying sometimes. Fun to see godawful-era WCW stuff out of the corner of my eye, or when I relax for a few moments.

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jul 6, 2014

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Guys, I think Sting just legit died.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
oh my god it's Keith David

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Where's the GCW library on the network, Vince? :mad:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I guess they're skipping over the Survivor Series/Starrcade/Bunkhouse Stampede/COTC stuff.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I love the Manhattan Center set so much.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
wasn't Raw being mostly taped fairly soon into 1993

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think Lex Luger's entire legacy is "the guy who was supposed to be the next Hogan"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Zeb Coulter is an expert on TV production.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Tony :psyduck:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Where is the entire run of Thunder in Paradise on the network, Vince? :mad:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Blasmeister posted:

I wonder if they're going to talk about Hogan waning before the heel turn

Or him bringing all his friends over and killing everyone's pushes.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
hahaha a loving Pastamania sighting.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
oh man i'm loving these ratings graphics

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
well there's the Isaac Yankem mention out of the way for this episode

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
btw, i really love that the intro of this show is basically the Nitro intro, except all the buildings are destroyed

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
RUSSO :woop:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Astro7x posted:

One of you goons tell me what the difference is between the regular and modified episode. WHAT DID THEY EDIT OUT?!?

there actually was a modification in the uploaded version of the first episode, which astounded me. (they took out the incorrect statement that RAW was pre-empted by the Westminister Dog Show when Nitro premiered, which sucks because hearing Keith David say "Westminister Dog Show" in this contemptuous tone was by far the best part of the show)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That one was a bit WCW-heavy, though I guess if you're covering the birth of the NWO, it makes sense. I'm wondering if the next episode is going to cover what the WWF was doing at the time, because skipping to 1998 without covering, like, Montreal, seems bizarre.

FWIW, the next ep does seem much more WWF-focused from the description.

quote:

Vince McMahon leads a company-wide change in a direction that nets the company its greatest ratings to date.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I like how much of a bland company man Cena is any time he shows up in all three episodes so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'd actually be interested if they didn't have a terrible track record with "let's see where this goes".

• Locked thread