Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!

I'm good at viewports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

DeathBySpoon posted:

I'm good at viewports.

I feel like dramatic music should be playing.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

DStecks posted:

Dun dun dun dun dun dun dun

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

DStecks posted:

Except it gets louder and louder and more distorted.

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

:allears:
Soiled Meat

Uncalibrated camera reconstruction is hard. :saddowns:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

DeathBySpoon posted:

I'm good at viewports.

yo dawg, i heard you like zoom

seiken
Feb 7, 2005

hah ha ha
help this is all wrong!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd7tAdTuB5E

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Someone should write a videogame that's based on all the weird glitches you can get from improperly-set-up rendering pipelines. The only problem is that it'd start with a completely black screen and no indication of what you need to do to fix it.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

This used to work, now it doesn't. Time to consult the stars to find out what I broke!

:negative:

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

:allears:
Soiled Meat

DeathBySpoon posted:

I'm good at viewports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9_L-2k2zxA

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Enhance! Enhance! Enhance!

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Someone should write a videogame that's based on all the weird glitches you can get from improperly-set-up rendering pipelines. The only problem is that it'd start with a completely black screen and no indication of what you need to do to fix it.

Almost!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G_IU5lK1E8

I can't wait to see what the final thing will be.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

Alright, now you stop automatically when something hostile comes into view:

Well, almost.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTdMMgekSzY

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

...is that a horse using a sphere collider and rolling around the terrain? :stare:

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Horseamari Damacy.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

...is that a horse using a sphere collider and rolling around the terrain? :stare:

Assuming a spherical horse in a vacuum...

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

New Elder Scrolls game coming along nicely.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

http://thehorseraisedbyspheres.com/

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

Debugging something unrelated in Roggle and got one-shot by what can only be described as a Mega Ant. Take a look at it's HP on the right side of the screen. For reference, ants usually have between 10-20 HP. No clue what caused this but it's definitely in the roguelike spirit.

EDIT: OH GOD

DeathBySpoon fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Nov 8, 2015

netcat
Apr 29, 2008
Trying to add doors to my old 3d dungeon crawler raycaster thing, it looks like I've opened a portal to another dimension instead

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.

netcat posted:

Trying to add doors to my old 3d dungeon crawler raycaster thing, it looks like I've opened a portal to another dimension instead

Really that's better than a door anyway.

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

"That isn't the appropriate trash receptacle."

netcat posted:

Can we please see a GIF of this sliding open?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

DeathBySpoon posted:

Alright, now you stop automatically when something hostile comes into view:

Well, almost.

Add a leaf enemy/mimics.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

netcat posted:

Somewhere in this thread are screenshots of MY lovely raycaster's door bugs. gently caress doors.

Edit: page 6. Seriously, gently caress doors. I don't know why they're so much harder for me than the other parts.

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Nov 10, 2015

Smoke_Max
Sep 7, 2011

netcat posted:

At least it's not missing the ring. :)

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Smoke_Max posted:

At least it's not missing the ring. :)

Nice!

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Somewhere in this thread are screenshots of MY lovely raycaster's door bugs. gently caress doors.

Edit: page 6. Seriously, gently caress doors. I don't know why they're so much harder for me than the other parts.

Yeah I hate them. I'm gonna go with a completely different approach today.

Also no gifs of this crazy vortex sliding since I was nowhere near having such advanced features.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
I gave health bars to enemies, but this guy just wanted to do his own thing.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Takanago posted:

I gave health bars to enemies, but this guy just wanted to do his own thing.

Looks good to me.

Also, you should replace his spinning sprite with a spinning photo of the Moon.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Not really my glitch, Unity is retargeting the animation to another rig and flipping the feet or something. I can't figure out why the animation only works with the original model when Mecanim Humanoid avatars should take care of weirdness like this.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?
We DID actually have a functional factory in Hot Tin Roof, and all those conveyor belts took trash to logical processing spots. Michael spent a week getting it to work, and it looked great. Except this happened as a soak bug, and we could never convince Unity physics to not eventually do this. :(

(which is why in the final game, there are no boxes spawned at all, which sucks)

Also in the pile of "wanted to make it work, but it just didn't" was: cigarettes. They looked like little noses. Apparently you need a defined mouth before you can smoke, alas. The only cigarette in the final game is the one in the title screen, balanced on Emma's coffee cup.

Shalinor fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Nov 21, 2015

OtspIII
Sep 22, 2002

Oldie but a goodie. How did I not know about this thread before.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Shalinor posted:

Also in the pile of "wanted to make it work, but it just didn't" was: cigarettes. They looked like little noses. Apparently you need a defined mouth before you can smoke, alas. The only cigarette in the final game is the one in the title screen, balanced on Emma's coffee cup.

In that instance, I think the issue is they're too small; a big comedy cigar might work, and having it laid sideways across the face rather than sticking straight outwards would look better.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

In that instance, I think the issue is they're too small; a big comedy cigar might work, and having it laid sideways across the face rather than sticking straight outwards would look better.
We went through a bunch of iterations on that, and they all looked preeeetttty dumb. Bigger just reads as a bigger nose, or a penis poking out of their fronts for some weird reason.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Obsurveyor posted:

Not really my glitch, Unity is retargeting the animation to another rig and flipping the feet or something. I can't figure out why the animation only works with the original model when Mecanim Humanoid avatars should take care of weirdness like this.

Just a candidate for the ministry of silly walks is all.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

OtspIII posted:

Oldie but a goodie. How did I not know about this thread before.

Man this looks quite cool.
Was that 'This land is mine' Animation the inspiration?

OtspIII
Sep 22, 2002

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Man this looks quite cool.
Was that 'This land is mine' Animation the inspiration?

I think we looked at that animation as we were figuring out the direction we wanted the art style to go. We were already thinking of trying to go for a hieroglyphic-ish flat style (which we've evolved away from a bit since then), but it was definitely an influence.

https://vine.co/v/e0rBFrzEhwx -- A slightly more recent bug. Bad video quality since it popped up while I was on vacation.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Shalinor posted:

We went through a bunch of iterations on that, and they all looked preeeetttty dumb. Bigger just reads as a bigger nose, or a penis poking out of their fronts for some weird reason.

Seems like you'd want it dangling loosely from the corner of the mouth, not right in the middle. If you pushed it over to the side and pointing out and down at an angle it would look more natural I reckon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

• Locked thread