Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I've only been following football closely since around 2008 when I'd go to Kansas football games instead of their basketball ones because it was really, really easy to get seats right near the field if you just showed up an hour early.

I'm still unclear on what every position does what. Defensive line and offensive line positions greatly confuse me.

I "root" for the Titans, but only because one of my first memories was the "One Yard Short" game, but honestly, I probably know the names of more Packers and Giants players than ones on Tennessee.

I don't completely hate the Patriots because they won championships when I was a kid and wouldn't mind seeing them win another one as long as it isn't in some snoozer with the Giants again.

I still haven't been to an NFL game, even though I've been to two MLB ones and I don't even like baseball.

I'm kind of a horrible football fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

DJExile posted:

I love the poo poo out of wild, spread offense, pass-happy "gently caress defense" games, but somehow also love the triple option. Maybe I just love gimmicks.

This is nothing to be embarrassed about.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Hell, I lived in Indiana (the most southern part, so there were only, like, two Notre Dame fans) and it took me until I was halfway done with high school to find out Notre Dame was in Terre Haute. It's in a place of hatred that transcends location.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

See? I still can't get it right.

(You'd think it would be in the French-sounding Indiana city, but noooooo....)

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Really, all you need to know about Indiana is that Indianapolis has a cool roundabout, Bloomington has some good Asian food restaurants, and the KKK was a big thing there in the 1910s. Oh, and racing, I guess.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

You'd be giving it up for something awesome called a Horned Frog, so I don't see the downside for the switch for you there.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

The Eli Manning picture thing is pretty funny.

And the Wilson/RG3 bet reminds me of the time I got my biological dad to stand to the side of busy LA offramp with a sandwich board talking about how good the Mavs are because he'd lost a bet over who'd advance further in the playoffs. He made sure to put in tinier letters "KOBE MVP <THE NEXT YEAR>" at the bottom of the sign.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

KU being halfway okay at football (this was in 2007 :lol:) factored slightly in me attending. I mean, even more so because of the basketball team, but yeah, I was one of those kids where sports was a factor into where he applied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

So which pepper did you end up with?

• Locked thread