Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

David D. Davidson posted:

They did actually go back and explain that the Commie killing Cap was some sort of double or something.

Yep and it was a great storyline. It's also how we got Nomad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Captain Bravo posted:

"Clint, I built the Iron Man suit. I have created a program smarter than you. I have more PhD's than years you probably spent in school, and you want to me set the clock on your loving VCR?"
"Tony, tony, if you can't do it just own up, man. I know, it's tough. We'll call the Geek Squad, there's no shame."
"I hate you."

If only Dr Druid was still alive and not in a trash can on fire

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Not going to post source but just know its the only good part of Countdown

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Do not gently caress with Doom

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Say Nothing posted:

You can challenge Franklin Richard's herald? Doom, you're a wimp.

Not sure but think its Fantastic Four: The World's Greatest Comic Magazine

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Mar 25, 2015

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Todays New Avengers. The entire issue.
Here is just a peak

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Mar 25, 2015

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gavok posted:

Come on, dude. The page before it is the best part.

Happy?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Majuju posted:

Is that Apocalypse? I like that depiction of him.

Its House of M's version.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

prefect posted:

John Byrne's run on West Coast Avengers/Avengers West Coast, issues 42-45. That run set in place most of the "Wanda is completely insane" foundation that gave us Avengers Disassembled, House of M, et cetera.

It was also Byrne going that a robot can not have humanity and that is the creators original intent, when in fact Visions whole character was that he was a robot with humanity.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 9, 2015

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Superstring posted:

Those are some really powerful pages, and reading them out of context you'd think the logical end of the story would have the Vision shown to have a soul and humanity despite the lengths gone to dehumanize him. But I guess Byrne gotta Byrne.

Also do this
Avengers West Coast #51

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Uh when does this happen in relation to NA? Maximus looked all right with the Cabal and they're not even in our universe anymore

Before the 8 months jump.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Would Aquaman find a dog and barrel ridiculous?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Yvonmukluk posted:

He'd find them OUTRAGEOUS!

Namor would hate the rousing song of heroism

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

prefect posted:

As long as they keep Rick Jones on another continent, there's no reason to think it should go badly.

Also if he listens to Tony Stark.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Don't gently caress with Sue
Secret war 3

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

And then Hickman had Living Tribunal's corpse just randomly show up in Avengers. I doubt this pronouncement holds.

Then showed its death in New Avengers 30

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Flesh Forge posted:

You think that's grim, what if they'd actually done, y'know, AGE OF ULTRON instead of The Terrible Very Bad No Good Week of Ultron.

If they did that storyline they would not have even needed James Spader, as Ultron is barely in it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Bloodly posted:

You don't get half-measures with Galactus. It's either *plink* "Galactus just chumped him like he was nothing!" or "Galactus just got chumped! Impossible!".

or you get this

Fantastic Four 604

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I assume comixology is also available

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

jng2058 posted:

Well Captain America comes down on him for going over the top, he gets kicked out of the Avengers for it, and he alienates pretty much everyone except his core friends and allies.

So you can argue it's either "Tony decides to make a moral stand about the use of his technology and follows through on it, and drat the consequences" or "Tony freaked the hell out and way over-reacted, nearly destroys his company and loses a lot of respect in the superhero community because of it."

Both are in the text and you could argue either angle. After all, destroying all the Guardsman suits, which he sold to the government in the first place, does lead to a massive supervillian jailbreak. Tony did kill the Titanium Man. He did attack Stingray, a fellow Avenger. And Stingray was innocent, that was his own drat tech!

On the other hand, his own carelessness, especially after losing Stark Industries to Obidiah Stane, led to a bunch of supervillains using devices Tony built to hurt and kill people. Is Tony justified in using extreme measures, including breaking the law and accidental homicide, in order to clean up his own mess?

The books don't really answer that cleanly, one way or the other. You're left to decide if you sympathize with Iron Man, who comes down on the side of personal responsibility or Captain America, who supports the position of law and his government.

Huh, didn't they do that again for Civil War, but with the positions completely reversed? Amazing how much of a difference 19 years can make.

It also has the Tony Stark acts in the way that Tony Starks sees is right consequences be damned. Lets not forget that Tony in the middle of the storyline gets some training by Cap as he is planning on attacking the guardsman.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Scaramouche posted:

Can they even use the Microverse in a movie? I thought it was ROM'd because of the toy line; or perhaps that's only the characters (Rann, Biotron, Karza, etc.)?

Yes. If they introduced the concept in the comics then Marvel has the rights.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

Hill was pretty badass shame cap ruined it.

The only time Hill was really badass was in Iron Man by Fraction

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This is what Doom did.

Praise be to Doom

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

CzarChasm posted:

That's what this is building to, right? Marvel's first Crisis-like company wide reboot, where everything past this point will be the same but different?

Its the same except there will be characters added.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Wait, so the Secret Wars where Fury had Spidey, Wolverine...and some other dudes invade Latveria doesn't count in the numbering? IT HAS THE NAME IN THE TITLE IT COUNTS

Secret War not Wars.:doom:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

flosofl posted:

So just to be clear there's a set of Secret Wars called "Secret Wars" and a completely different, non-intersecting set of Secret Wars called "Secret War"?

Thanks, that cleared it up for me.

Secret Wars involve the Beyonder and battle planets. Secret War involves Nick Fury sending in a team of heroes illegally to overthrown Latveria's non- Doom government.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Kin posted:

Deadpool is still a Villain. He's a flat up murderer for hire. It's just that the internet 4chan/reddit types have latched onto him and as a result he's devolved to "Deadpool: Troll of Marvel".

Hell, even during his 'redemption' ark during the Joe Kelly run of his series, he's clearly a very broken person you're supposed to be terrified of. Sure he jokes around and whatnot but like any other psycho out there his personality can switch at a drop of pin and he just starts murdering.

I'd argue he isn't even reformed now. It's just that the current fanbase love to play up the whole Comical Deadpool taking the piss side of things that they really gloss over all of the excessively violent poo poo he does without any real level of remorse.

I really hope there's a scene in the new film that's like the elevator one from Drive. Where he just snaps and mashes a guys face into excessively graphic pulp, played completely straight and not for laughs. If only to hear all the "fans" getting butthurt that it's not what their Deadpool would do.

I should point out that my irritation is spurred by those 4chan/redditers in my office gushing about the new movie whilst having never actually read a Deadpool comic. :sigh:

You should read the latest run as he has changed from being an Villain to being closer to Wolverine. He is going to be joining the Avengers and has become good friends with Cap.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Kin posted:

I know continuity isn't always something to get worked up over but that sounds ridiculous. Deadpool is a mass murdering psychopath up there with the likes of The Punisher. I've not read Wolverine for a while but most of his mass murdering was justifiable in some way (like in kill or be killed sorts of ways). Deadpool murdered people for profit, in his way or if they just pissed him off (just go back a year or two and he blew some some dude's head off because he liked the star wars prequels).

Is he really joining the Avengers?

Pretty sure he's been doing some nasty poo poo since then (see above). Also, it's not really about being a sincere villain, but more that he's just a Bad Guy.

I'm all for growth and that but there's growth (like that seen in Joe Kelly's run) and then there's shoehorning him into everything because he's the "superhero for Trolls".

Those were members of AIM.
He is not only joining he is funding.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

ElTipejoLoco posted:

Isn't DC's current depiction of morality best summarized as "good or evil, arm breaking's fair game" anyway?

Arm ripping

Pureauthor posted:

Isn't there a Krypton city that got shrunk and stuck in a bottle somewhere?

That is Kandor.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dick Trauma posted:

When I was a kid Superman was about the most boring superhero around. So they sent Muhammad Ali to SMASH HIS FACE IN.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

flosofl posted:

Red sun-lamp, I think.

Its taking place on another planet that has a Red Sun and Ali is the greatest.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I always liked the idea that superman is actually pretty lovely at fighting

The comic had Ali training Superman

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

redbackground posted:

If you're talking about the panels Two-Pair posted from Action 840, yeah, those aren't too hot. I don't even know who drew that one.

The Quitely stuff from All-Star is top-drawer, though.

Its Pete Woods.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

New Gods

Ultimate Cosmic Experience

Fantastic Four 2

Fantastic Four 51

Fantastic Four 25

Fantastic Four 57

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Aug 28, 2015

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jack Kirby is God

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Madkal posted:

It kind of blows my mind that Hollywood still hasn't caught up to Jack Kirby.

He did help to get those Americans out of Iran.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Think he just had a stroke :(

That's what happens you beat up people in their 80s.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

prefect posted:

Sure, I bet that's a popular excuse after a gang of people beat up an Auschwitz survivor.

As a British citizen she was just trying to claim Asteroid M for the empire.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Revenant Threshold posted:

I went to go and find this bit to confirm;

Basically Captain Britain is a poo poo. Also apparently the reason she has that huge scar on her face is from when she was gang-raped and bottled in her backstory. Comics!

Chuck Austen is the worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Madkal posted:

Is it too late to talk about favourite Punisher moments because mine is the issue when he gets his skin colour turned black and teams up with Luke Cage

Did they at least get the money, honey?