Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Trundel posted:

You all should read Warren Ellis' Moon Knight. Issue 3 by Marvel's own description is "Moon Knight punches ghosts."

I love Moon Knight so much.

The highest praise I can give this run of Moon Knight is that it feels like at any moment it could segue into a crossover with Planetary, and I would be totally okay with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Just in case anyone needed it;

BOOM.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Speaking of JLA analogues and badassery, Doc Savage Brass and his crew have a similar problem in Planetary #1;

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I love this scene, but it bugs me. Greek Street doesn't have that kind of street sign, like most London streets, the signs are attached high up on walls.

EDIT: Jakita and Batman share a moment

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Feb 22, 2015

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Nevvy Z posted:

I love Planetary so much I bought it in single issues, trades, and every payday I have to forcibly stop myself from buying the Omnibus.

ImpAtom posted:

Huh, the Planetary omnibus is $50 on Amazon right now.

Welp.

When you buy the Omnibus, the very first thing you should do is look under the dust jacket.

The cover of the book under the jacket is printed to look like one of Snow's old Planetary Guides.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Later, Lucifer is incarcerated for a crime she may or may not have committed.
This does not end well.

( Wicked + Divine )

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Choco1980 posted:

Lurdiak and I often disagree on things in this world, but yeah, it really isn't grabbing me at all. It feels like it thinks it's a lot more edgy and original than it is. And from the few pages I've seen of her posted around here, "Luci" there looks to me like the creators thought it'd be really cool to combine Lucifer and Desire from Sandman, and just labeled it "good enough".

It helps that the Gods pretty much look like they think they should look/an idealised version of themselves to a certain extent. And they're all teenagers.

I really like Wicked + Divine, but I can totally see how it wouldn't be some people's cup of tea. And yeah, the two big influences on the series are pop music and 90s Vertigo comics.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

fatherdog posted:

What can any of those people do to someone who can go intangible at will?

Monica should still be able to take him down. He's intangible, but he can still see, which means he still interacts with photons.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Nipponophile posted:

I'm reading Sinister's dialogue in the voice of Broken Matt Hardy and it fits perfectly.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I was hearing Gary Oldman as Dracula, but that works too

smh if you're not reading Sinister's words in Tim Curry's voice

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

It is extremely Ellis though, for better or for worse.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Are we still talking about King Arthur, because everyone should be reading Once and Future, which is mainly about how the old tales are far more horrible than we tell them.

There's also a sequence where a bunch of Britain First style racists get killed by zombie King Arthur for being Anglo-Saxons instead of true Celts

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

an animated adaptation would be really cool

Only if the theme song changes to this during the tournament arc.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

a herd of beautiful wild ponies running free across the plains.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

This is just a worse version of "But I don't want to cure cancer, I want to turn people into dinosaurs!"

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Taskmaster owns and I'm sad that the MCU version is a mute traumatised assassin.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I don't usually bother reading any of the under-comic-text of K6BD, it's not mandatory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

do I have to post those pages from Astro City again