Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Flesh Forge posted:

I haven't read this comic but I get the running visual ambiguity that Wolf may or may not have a mouth. That's pretty neat.
He is shown speaking with a visible mouth all the time. This is not a thing, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

AnonSpore posted:

How has Aquaman not destroyed DC Japan yet

vv I meant that in a general sense, since what Japan did with whaling makes that look like small beans.
You forget that in the comic world, Japan's main exports are 1) martial artists and 2) more martial artists.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I love that in the Marvel multiverse, there are countless and ever-varied iterations of Galactus, a living force of nature set on correcting the imbalances between Eternity and Death, yet only one Mojo.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

IUG posted:

Holy poo poo that's some good-rear end banter. So I guess I should just start from Thor God Of Thunder #1 and try to get caught up?
Thor sure.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

McSpanky posted:

What I'm gathering from all of this is evidence for this issue, if not this period, of Power Girl to be discussed in the Worst Runs thread.
And I had such high hopes for you.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Bown posted:

loving hell that's just terrible.
Some of you truly baffle me sometimes.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Tensokuu posted:

Scott looks so weird without his visor/glasses/glowing eyes.
He looks exactly like one John Cassaday. And a certain Drummer. Who looks exactly like John Cassaday.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Hulk Smash! posted:

Who's the beast looking one supposed to be a JLA analog to?
That's "The Jovian", aka M. Manhunter.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I hope that there will be a panel of him, as he hurtles himself towards whatever to save everybody, whispering "suuuuuuperman..."

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

SALT CURES HAM posted:

The Will confirmed best character
Does he actually murder children?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

WickedHate posted:

During Dark Reign, Doom had a fantasy sequence where he killed off the rest of the Cabal, except for Loki(girl form at the time) and Emma Frost, whom were chained Leia-style to his throne.
That seems awfully out of character. :shrug:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Captain Bravo posted:

The pill that has the same effect as one Lex Luther developed?

Lex Luther, who just a few issues ago, revealed that he knew batman's secret and wanted to team up with him?

Are you talking about Justice League 31 from the last page? Cuz uh, those are unrelated in every way.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

I wonder if Martian Manhunter will undie by the time the series ends. He's in the game, but only as DLC, and you could argue he's the one from the "good" universe...
Green Arrow is currently dead in the comic, right? Sooooo he has to come back too?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Superstring posted:

The Ms. Marvel fill-in is by Jake Wyatt. He's had pages from his upcoming (this year maybe?) comic Necropolis floating around which has made an appearance either in this thread or the previous.

Oh snap, it's that guy? Those Necropolis pages (?) were great, and I had since forgotten all about it.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Say Nothing posted:

I was going to use this Rat Queens panel as an avatar, but it's difficult to read the text when it's shrunk down.

Opopanax posted:

Clone over the bubble and use it for the text underneath

Here you go, SN.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

He allied with them as they stood against the Green Lantern Corp , why do we not have a Injustice thread?
Start one!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

WickedHate posted:

Between the nipple rings and cheese doodle express it's hard to take that seriously.
I'm not sure why you would in the first place.

Neige posted:

Personally, I call this a blatant abuse of powers. The idea was that if you teleported into something solid, you'd die because two bodies can't occupy the same space. You want to make me believe that there's enough empty space in the Blob's guts for both Nightcrawler AND a shark?
It would appear there was!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

WickedHate posted:

If it's a parody, it's not a great one, but without any further context, the dramatic, unexaggerated narration and the fact that it was posted in the Badass panels thread gives the idea it's meant to be taken as an awesome moment, but it's just goofy.
It's not parody, but there's no way to take Death By Internal Shark super seriously, either.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Hakkesshu posted:

Is Elsa Bloodstone any good outside of Nextwave?
I liked the Legion of Monsters 4-issue miniseries quite a bit.

Don't bother with her eponymous pre-Nextwave series.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

It's pretty much the same thing as that time Joker got hit with fear gas and it didn't work on him because he's NOT AFRAID OF ANYTHING!!!
Didn't that lead to Scarecrow getting beaten with a chair immediately afterwards? Because it was worth it for that.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Alhazred posted:

Knightfall.
Specifically, Detective Comics 664.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Aug 18, 2014

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

IndenturedHobo posted:

I'm sorry, I have never actually read Kingdom Come. Was it any good?
Holy crap, yes.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Pimpmust posted:

She looks rather :smug:
She knows she's got Halloween locked up, man.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

smashpro1 posted:

For the first time ever, I am thinking about the logistics of a moon laser. Just the aiming of it. Like, you can't really use it for supervillainy while it is on the dark side, which is half of the year.
Time to hit the books, buddy.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
That whole run of Spectre is one cool cover after another (usually by a different artist each month).

Another Spectre Rides Something Ridiculous cover:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Green Intern posted:

So, who's the Atomic Diaper?
A new, alternate version of Hyperion who was stolen from the space between destroyed universes by AIM, and now part of Hickman's Avengers team. He is besties with Thor and a good dude.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Oct 15, 2014

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

On the other hand, I assume the next page has Zatanna go "Um, Harley? You're a psychiatrist, not a vet."
Not if Zatanna wants to keep living.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

tenniseveryone posted:

It's a separate thing, but the first issue does end with Betty and Veronica accidentally raising a succubus...
...go on.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Heresiarch posted:

Wait, is the the same Starbrand from New Universe/New Universal/etc?
No no no, but there was a White Event a la New Universe, and a Starbrand was...branded.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Doesn't that mean the answer to his question is yes?
It does not, as the character chosen to be the current Marvel U Starbrand is brand new.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Vincent posted:

I forgot, but did they ever deal with Starbrand accidentally killing an entire town or did Hickman just went "...but then THIS". Because the last time a superhero accidentally destroyed a town, we got a lovely Mark Millar summer event.
He was a completely unwilling participant in a faulty White Event, so it would be weird to blame him for the destruction of the college he was at at the time.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Hand of the King posted:

Serious questions: I don't know anything about DC. Does Batman have a plan for every villain and superhero? Does he ever lose?
Kind of depends what "lose" means. Do stories end with him regularly being killed by supervillains? Well, uh, no. But that applies to every established superhero. He certainly faces setbacks and defeats during storylines (see the current Bat-arc under Snyder).

Being a master pre-planner has become part of Bruce's personality and general strategy, to explain how he can stay toe-to-toe with near-gods and monsters. A good writer can make it seem natural and exciting. A poor writer makes it clunky and eye-rolling.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

Hsu Hao's eyeballs on that last page :stare:
Hindsight is 20/20.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

CzarChasm posted:

I find myself rooting for her so hard, I just know it's not going to end well for her.
:(:hf::(

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Say Nothing posted:

Is that the one where Deathstroke takes out The Flash with knives to the knees? Yeah, that would work on a guy who thinks faster than the speed of light.
I think he steals Kyle's ring at the same time, too or some junk.

edit: poo poo, I thought we were talking about IC.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Captain Bravo posted:

Nobody's pointing out the fact that "Flass" is the dumbest goddamn name ever?

Ok, then.
According to peoplelookup.com, there are a whole 52 (:tinfoil:) people who would take umbrage with that.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Hulk Smash! posted:

When did Captain Britain lose an eye? :(

(flashback from the same issue)

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Ignite Memories posted:

Man, john cassaday can loving draw.

I loved what he did on astonishing x-men, and just realized now it's the same guy.

And its all been downhill since.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Feb 23, 2015

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

AnonSpore posted:

Forgive me, all I can see in that last panel is Brainiac's ship
Pretty sure that's a direct homage to specifically that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

The Question IRL posted:

It may be a human reaction, but it's not a good reaction for police officers.
Maybe...maybe these characters...are being portrayed as fallible?! :monocle: