Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Bloodly posted:

Without context, I find myself wondering whether the demons are taking this seriously, or they're being mocking.

They're confident he's a chump and taking the piss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Well Santana kinda does stuff like that a lot.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I always thought that sergeant dude was pretty badass in Avatar. His mech had a giant knife, gently caress your dragons.

For content, Star Wars - Infinities 1. The first attack on the Death Star has failed, Leis has been captured by the Empire and converted to the Dark Side. Luke, Han and Chewie all go to Dagobah and Han immediately sees through the ruse Yoda tries to pull. Flash forward five years, and Leia's firmly on the side of the Empire, Luke has completed his training, and Chewie and Han are still being hunted by Jabba's goons, and the Empire at large.

So they head back to Coruscant to save Leia, and Yoda ambles off to hijack the Death Star.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Well I guess Marvel is going to out new 52 DC by having their Ersatz JLA destroy the Marvel Earth.

I can dig it.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Opopanax posted:

It just means that you want to read Supreme Power and that is a fine choice.

Which one? Because that recent series was some meandering crap.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
So Injustice Year Two, quick recap, Superman has soldiers on the streets of Gotham enforcing martial law, and they put Bullock in the hospital when he tried to stand up to them. Said soldiers having superhuman strength and durability thanks to a Luthor invented pill. So Gordon has had enough and gathers his disbanded police force.

Source: Injustice Year Two #12

:black101:

Cassa fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jul 3, 2014

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Homonyms are hard dangit.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Captain Bravo posted:

That's Batgirl handing him the pill, right?

Also it's Batwoman.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

:qq: B-b-b-b-b-b-but the Joker is the ultimate badass he'd never get terrified Heath Ledger would never get terrified :qq:

And he'd have a plan for just this moment! I mean an element of chaos he'd prepared!

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Injustice Year Three 05

Harley is so loving good in this series, god drat.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
How did The Thing never try that?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Kind of a terrifying threat too. Terrorist Spectre is nightmarish.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Gavok posted:

Maybe this time they won't gently caress it up by saying, "Just kidding! The main hero is Shujinko!"

I'm guessing Takeda is going to be in the game due to the story's 25 years later time jump. I am so down with that.

After the last ones incredible use of time travel, I am all about whatever time funkiness they want to use.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
And Superman got shot and then pushed a Guardian and a planet into the Sun, so y'know.

Also two pages later in that Injustice:

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Superstring posted:

Those are some really powerful pages, and reading them out of context you'd think the logical end of the story would have the Vision shown to have a soul and humanity despite the lengths gone to dehumanize him. But I guess Byrne gotta Byrne.

Definitely. It'd be like having a person stripped bare down to the smallest possible point.

Very unsettling panels.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
The next two pages after that are amazing.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
There's still something to be said for the man who raises himself up beyond what society thinks him capable, and stands shoulder to shoulder with gods.

Without starting with billions and billions of dollars I mean.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I loving hate that poo poo. So Batman's ok with some hired goons being murdered, but oh no, not the guy in the clown makeup.

Or is it enough to say that you're unaware of good and evil and the Sprectre can't touch you because nyer?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Injustice 2 #1

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Savidudeosoo posted:

Is he wearing kryptonite bands inside of a red sun prison?

Because if so that's pretty loving cool.

I think they're just more red sun bands? They don't seem to have green on them.

Skwirl posted:

Having read most of the first Injustice series, Superman saying Batman will become too extreme in his vengeance for dead loved ones isn't the pot calling the kettle black, it's the pot calling the kettle a pot.

Well this is after Superman saying that Batman should have done more to help when Superman was trying to deal with all the horrific losses he went through before he went super despot.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
And then Kaine actually got that power.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
He's not rusty dick.

A Legends of the Iron Fist series would be pretty loving awesome.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
More meant a comic but you're not wrong.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Ruin isn't helped by ending early because the art team went through some poo poo. Maybe it wouldn't have been quite so mean spirited with a little more to it?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

habeasdorkus posted:

Talking poo poo to incredibly powerful beings is definitely badass so long as you don't get your face pushed in within the next couple pages.

Even if then. Spitting in the eye of monsters is rad regardless of what happens to you.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Yellow Lantern Superman is pretty loving dope too.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Those things are not the same at all though.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Aren't they sort of trying again with Blue Marvel?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Kazar's gonna be pissed he has lost his one unique thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

site posted:

an all-timer. hate to give a fascist props but i still love creel making GBS threads his pants in that last panel

Which one is the fascist?