Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Another way to explain it is that Batman hates anything good and fun so eating a piece of charred meat just goes right along with everything else. Just like ruining the announcement that Superman and Wonder Woman were having a kid a few minutes before, or telling Wonder Woman that she was getting fat and that's how he knew she was pregnant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
The "Magneto owns the Red Skull" stuff from Captain America #367 if anyone hasn't found a copy yet.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I seem to remember there being a post somewhere that said it was Galactus's way of cheering Thor up, by giving him one last epic battle at the end of the universe.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Lurdiak posted:

I doubt it, Galactus actually has an important role in the cosmos and he wouldn't throw his life away to cheer up some guy he barely knows.

It's all fun and games until someone goes and grabs a weapon that kills gods.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Dan Didio posted:

Isn't there a comic, maybe Fantastic Four: The End, where Galactus calls the Fantastic Four to him and has set up an elaborate, greatest hits style adventure for them to go on because he's dying and just wants to hang out with his only friends one last time?

Nah, The End is just where Galactus shows up out of nowhere to stop the battle everyone is caught up in. Unless there is a later comic that explains that is what he was doing, it wasn't referenced at all.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Does anyone have the set of panels where Conan is on a ship somewhere and a sea monster rises up to attack the boat, and Conan's reaction is to turn to the sky and shout "Crom! Why do you hate me?!" before turning to fight the monster?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Cabbit posted:

Didn't that happen recently against Osborne, I want to say just before Ock took over?

That, also during one of the arcs where Kraven's family is hunting him and he gets tired of it (rips some woman's face off).

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

bobkatt013 posted:

Odin turned them back. In the marvel universe the casualties in Paris were equal to a Wednesday in New York

I see what you did there.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Toshimo posted:

Then there's the other time Kilgrave learned Luke Cage Ain't Nuthing ta gently caress Wit:

Wait, who was "warden cripple" doing some badass stuff while Luke was doing his thing?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Three out of Four have the same gun.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Okay, so, in Justice League/Power Rangers #5 Lord Zed was about to giant-size a bunch of monsters and the Flash snatched the item that would do that before it landed (and Zed's "What?!" was pretty funny).

Then this happened:

I'm pretty sure that's the first time Alpha 5 has done anything even remotely aggressive.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The "Next:" should have gone with PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH

Mierenneuker posted:

I think "Aye-yi-yi-yeah!" would have been more appropriate.

It was pretty close, from the opening pages of issue #6:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Fuego Fish posted:

It's going to be so annoying when some other writer brings him back with no explanation and just has him as the dumb musclehead who exists solely to get punted off-panel by the heavy hitter. Or worse.

I'm just confused because the last issue I read had Lockjaw showing up and rescuing Black Bolt from a room where he and Absorbing Man were chained up while the oxygen was being taken out of the room.

I stopped reading there because I figured Black Bolt was exactly enough of a dick to not go back and rescue the guy he'd been talking to up until then.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Does anybody have the panels from the Injustice 2 comics where Alfred very nearly saves the world by talking Ra's & Batman to the point of sitting down and discussing a plan to save the world from the catastrophes that Ra's thinks are coming, before Blue Beetle fucks everything up?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Bongo Bill posted:

I mean, that chapter of One Punch Man was excellent in all respects, but out of context, there's nothing particularly powerful about a panel of Bang kicking that guy in the head, and even in context, "badass" isn't the tone for it.

It's also the least badass thing that happened in that chapter. I mean, that guy getting kicked in the face was knocked out in a previous chapter by a large dog.

Someone post the panels of the cyborg that decided the best way to take down this monster centipede that kept re-growing it's armor/outer shell every time it was blown off by an attack was to claw his way into it's mouth/down it's throat and then fire off his most powerful attacks to blow it up from the inside.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

TwoPair posted:

No don't. I like OPM but god can we just avoid doing this dance again?

What dance? At worst these panels are on par with the Carnage panels you posted earlier in the thread.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

prefect posted:

The dance where anime people insist that anime isn't terrible while the normal people take cover and hope it blows over soon. :D

LOL about you referencing "normal people" in a forum dedicated to comic books.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Herr Tog posted:

Here is some feel good panels.

Does anybody have other issue from this series about the veteran that snaps about his home town not honoring his fallen brother-in-arms that died in battle because he was black?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Would anybody be interested in Just Imagine Stan Lee's Superman in this or the Funny Panels thread?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Posted some funny panels because, after reading it again, there's no way any of it was intended to be taken seriously enough to be considered "badass".

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

The Question IRL posted:

Wow, I guess Wonder Woman doesn't want gender balance in the workplace. You learn something new every day.

In the world where Wonder Woman rules, men do all the workplace jobs and women spend all their time playing bondage games.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

prefect posted:

Superman is definitely stronger than clay, even if it gets hit by lightning.

In that story, Superman spends all of the time that the other heroes are fighting the Big Bad crying about wanting to be with Lois while he's recovering from a wound in Atlantis.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Does anybody have the panels from the new Black Bolt #10 where Blinky gets tired of everybody's poo poo?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Angrymog posted:

the QC guy

Who?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Jeff Jacks, the talentless hack behind Questionable Content. He does not belong in this thread.

Oh, the webcomic where the primary character is a "Nice Guy" that spent the first two years of the comic's run pining over some woman until he found out she'd attempted suicide because her dad committed suicide, so she was henceforth damaged goods and he started dating her boss and every other non-AI character in the comic is loving an AI?

Some Pinko Commie fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jun 1, 2018

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I figured saying "all of the characters are loving each other" didn't actually need to be said.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Exiles (2018) #4
(If you aren't following, it's a team of multiversal heros helping out the multivese, so everything's an alternate.)

Huh. Juggernaut just made another appearance in this year's Thor #1, laughing at Thor's substitute hammers breaking on his helmet and basically making Odinson look stupid right up until Thor basically becomes "The God of Hammers".

Some Pinko Commie fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Jul 19, 2018

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
So the Marvel Universe and Rick and Morty had a crossover?

https://youtu.be/ouwtdH2zt9s

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Admiralty Flag posted:

In all fairness, IIRC Cap also has some heightened intuitive understanding of physics/geometry/trig (shamefully I don't have a copy of OHOTMU to verify) that allows him to know exactly how to throw his shield to get the best ricochets and to have it return to where he will be. I don't remember if it was part of super soldier serum or he just practices so much he instinctually knows it (which is admittedly cooler than just having it as a power)

There's plenty of legit lame stuff we can pick on Cyclops about, but this power would be incredibly useful not only for trick shots with his mutation but also understanding the battlefield

Am I going to feel compelled to defend Gambit next? Better dial back my contrarinism.

Somebody post the panels where Taskmaster was helping train somebody to be Captain America/helping Cap retrain his shield throwing skills after some injury or other, TIA.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Would Superman's wine cellar be considered badass?

I mean:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

goatface posted:

Did he buy the wine or was he gifted the wine? Or did he "acquire" the wine during legion time travel hijinks?

Gifted by various grateful people whenever he saves them from some catastrophe or other.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Mods?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Azubah posted:

Its obviously the one with the sweet trench coat.

That doesn't help at all, they're both wearing trench coats (one just had the sleeves torn off at some point).

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Push El Burrito posted:

Yes... friendship...

Like the Harley Quinn/Poison Ivy friendship, or the one between Batgirl and Supergirl.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Johnny Aztec posted:

Adamantite is stored in the balls

That's an anime reference?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

No, it's a meme that goons still haven't tired of driving into the ground.

I meant the first part, not the latter.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

LordSaturn posted:

what was the name of that space adventure comic where the captain is yelling at the demon in his warp core? came through here a while back, I keep meaning to buy some of it

Sounds like something that would happen in a Captain Britain comic book, tbh.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
So he pulled a Dan McNinja?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
So a demon... ripped all their arms off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Lol is there a Marvel supervillain called Knull? That's gently caress in Swedish :gizz:

Yeah.

He's the symbiote god or something and his schtick is essentially taking over everything, literally. It's a boring villain concept and I'll be glad when he's gone forever.