Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Vincent posted:

Not buying/consuming poo poo you don't like is a really good tip for general life as well.

To the people buying comics that they don't like, can you explain to me why?

I keep buying Hickman's Avengers even though I am nonplussed by most issues, because it feels like it's building to something great. Every time, I think I am going to quit it, I buy one more and there's enough hints that I think it might be worth it buy one more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

There's a five issue mini that are about each of the other five Immortal Weapons and Fat Cobra's is by far the best.

The dog brother one was really good as well.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

If somebody's got the vampire-cannon pages available, please post them. That was an awesome storyline.

http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/11p15/

http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/11p16/

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

RickVoid posted:

Well, I've now read a bunch of Dr McNinja. I keep reading his lines in Dr Krieger's voice.

Am I doing it wrong?

Any of the Archer cast would work, since he walks the line between competence and idiocy, just like they do.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah, that was a knightfall type story during the interminable Gruenwald run, which coincidentally ruined Nomad as a character.

uh, Nomad being a dude with a huge 'stache that rides a harley and wants to punch kill a miami mobster whose super power is mega obesity is awesome, thanks.

Seriously though, as much as that part stunk, the John Walker storyline was great.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lightning Lord posted:

West Coast Avengers was basically Steve Englehart and John Byrne's retirement home where they wrote and illustrated with their hands in their pants. It's a deeply mediocre superhero comic and not in the fun way, with lots of off-putting stuff like this.

Fun fact: I collected WCA from the first issue and regular avengers from a little after the beginning of the Stern run. I dropped them both when Byrne started writing them. Of course at that age, I just picked stuff up at the local store or wherever, and I didn't follow who was writing. 12 year old me was like "man Avengers sure got crappy."

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Wasn't that the 'Armor War' arc where Tony basically went around beating up anyone he so much as thought had power armor based on his design?
I didn't know titanium was flammable, though :stare:

That was such a great arc. At one point he destroys all the guardsmen suits at a super villain prison, leading to a mass escape. Then he gets beat up by a government built powersuit so he builds a new suit that uses technology he stole from various villains while he was destroying them for using his technology.

In the epilogue issue he has a trippy nightmare about all the damage he's done, but he still doesn't recognize his own complicity. It's one my favourite iron man stories, but my copy was washed away in a flood years ago.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

Eugene Judd is his civilian name, I believe.

He seems to be short, though. Does that mean the demon Razer is inside him again?

Somewhere along the line he got rid of the demon and got garden variety super-toughness and strength that kept him short, I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Samuringa posted:

I didn't like the Immortal Weapons mini but it had some nice takes on that

for good

or for bad :negative:

The Dog Brother issue was great.