Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

I haven't read this comic but I get the running visual ambiguity that Wolf may or may not have a mouth. That's pretty neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

We spend so much time with terrible webcomics that it's hard to believe there are really good ones. Holy crap.

The first several pages start off really cruddy but wow, the art gets a lot better very quickly.

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Mar 21, 2014

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Waterhaul posted:

There are plenty of great webcomics. You just need to ignore everything with the word video games and Homestuck.

Pen and paper game-related comics can be pretty safely ruled out too.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I don't remember where or when I first saw this, somewhere on the internet obviously. They made a great impression though. When did he start to publish this online?

e: Looks like May/June of 2013? That's really weird, my memory of these pages feels much older than that.

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Mar 22, 2014

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Say Nothing posted:

One Punch Man has a very sequential layout, making it easy to GIF.

I'm pretty darn sure that a lot of it is prototyped in a 3d program and then painted/drawn over, it's just way too perfect spatially for it to be totally done in the artist's head.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Nope, that's Sandra Bullock again, he just made the mouth a little bigger and wider.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

That's one of the only depictions of She-Hulk I've seen where she doesn't have mega gigantic titties. :golfclap:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Were you confused about what the gently caress is going on in Kill Six Billion Demons? Don't worry, here's a helpful diagram that explains EVERYTHING!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Hi I'm The Blob and my superpower is being really really fat. Take me seriously motherfuckers.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Achernar posted:

Jeffrey Combs. He also did The Question on JLU.

Jeffrey Combs, you may remember, was also Herbert West: Reanimator as well as Crawford Tillinghast in From Beyond. In other words, a great American hero

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Heresiarch posted:

Also that was essentially another Garth "boy do I fuckin' hate superheroes" Ennis book so Thor was pretty much doomed to failure regardless.

I do not understand how Ennis got really any work at all on the mainstream superhero books. I understand the counter-comics-culture appeal and poo poo but wow gently caress that whole gimmick of his.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Dammit Who? posted:

a scary analysis of the conflict between SHIELD and Hydra

:stare: Well that's pretty unsettling, thanks.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

You know what is bad rear end, it's a super cyborg fighting a super ninja

onepunch man 43

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

MH Knights posted:

The ninja is a guy right? Just really bishonen-y.

I really, really, really wanted Speed of Sound Sonic* to be a girl for a really long time, because the character is pretty sexy and appealing (at least to me, and I don't even like manga/anime) and the art was just coy enough to let me believe that - at first. And gradually he's drawn in situations where that's harder to make yourself believe until welp, sorry reader your gay :gay:

*yes that's really his name, and people make fun of him for that

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

choobs posted:

If it's not clear what's going on, he positioned himself to protect Ms. Blizzard who was strenuously attacking him for no other reason than her own assholishness and insecurity from the blast. It's a perfect "This is what this character is all about" moment, and is badass without being just excessive violence.

More to the point, he does it without making a big deal out of it or even realizing it, which goes hand in hand with what he was just telling her.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I dunno seems perfectly clear to me :shrug:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

What's not to understand here

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Fuego Fish posted:

You do realise this is the equivalent of looking at a comic book cover like this one and complaining that it's too hard to read. Because this is a cover, hence the issue number and title slapped on there in big, bold letters that you'd think nobody would be able to miss.

:thejoke:

Also that is a baller cover and you should have posted it inline you schmoe

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Yeah the boxcutter was an awesome what the gently caress moment :3:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I really like the gun-toting Professor X, that was super bad rear end.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Wolverine with a switchblade was pretty bad rear end too.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

... I was trying to think of the lamest option I could imagine and wow, I guess I should write for Marvel.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Where are the important things like "pooping" and "masturbation" this sounds like it is not a very good job.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

onepunch man 43.2

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Keep in mind, when Saitama is really serious, he looks like more this:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

That is a little bit better than "YOU THINK THIS A STANDS FOR FRANCE" I guess

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

KittenofDoom posted:

I understand if it's war or whatever, but did Black Bolt just kill a bunch of dudes?

its ok you can tell he feels bad about it

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Teenage Fansub posted:

On the theme

Multiversity: Mastermen

This is especially heinous considering Superman is a Jewish space messiah at his roots.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

prefect posted:

(Still, it was a pretty impressive and unsettling page when I read it.)

Meanwhile we establish that no, Vision absolutely does not have 'junk'.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

His pancreas? Byrne is super blunt about showing his unclothed groin, I'm pretty sure it was a point he was trying to make (robot/no soul/no weenie)

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

That's not really the point, what's weird is that Byrne felt that strongly about showing you 100% no doubts NO GOD DAMMIT HE DOES NOT HAVE JUNK :colbert:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Really, given the choice, who among us would not choose babyhands as the best superpower :allears:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Senor Candle posted:

Could have really done without those last two words.

Considering her mouth is shown to be open and clear it's pretty hard to misinterpret that, yeah.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Kurt Waggoner? Is he a whitebread dude from Denver in that version?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

That would be so much better without any dialogue.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Ok that last panel was pretty good. :3:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

goatface posted:

Loki had convinced him that this time he was the woman.

I wish I had a copy of Sandman: The Kindly Ones so I could show a story Loki tells about Thor and womanhood.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

It is a good story.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I realize there aren't any severed body parts flying around of giant bomb rear end titties or anything but yes that is a bad rear end couple of pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Not exactly: The Corinthian tracks Loki down, breaks his neck, and rips out his eyes and "eats" them with the mouths which are also his eyes which is gross, and Corinthian talks about how awesome it is to see through the eyes of a god and how Loki is immortal so having his neck broken is just going to suck PRETTY BAD, and then Thor and Odin come to collect Loki and put him back in his legendary prison where a woman drops snake venom from a bowl into his raw eye sockets and he can't even squirm around in agony any more because his neck is broken FOREVER, but while they're carrying him away Loki starts trying to tell Thor about how Loki hosed Thor's wife and Thor starts to get really mad and Loki's trying to goad Thor into killing him properly, but Odin is all like Na man Loki is a jerk and a liar, he is lying don't worry about it son and Thor is like Oh ok dad welp let's stuff his rear end back in the snake venom room!!