Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
He's just about the only uber villain I can think of who gets rehabilitated and his conversion to being One Of The Good Guys is cool and makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Johnny Aztec posted:

Oh goddamnit. I keep skipping over Sandman panels because I'm still working my way through the tradebacks, and you lay that on me!

It's not your fault. I don't expect you to spoiler a several year old comic. It's just ffffffffff , you know?

Dude I spoilered it :shrug:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Of course it is, and so was this:

How could he not have heard about the Hawkeye Initiative :shrug:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Just dropping this here from an otherwise not very great GBS thread but it has a strange synchronicity

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

GrandpaPants posted:

Speaking of the subtle things in Top 10 that accounts for so much of its character, I think it's funny that Syn's powers work through puns.

Ultima's perfume is likely called Eau de Joy

I would never have noticed this, thanks.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

jng2058 posted:

Verrrry close. The woman is Loki's wife Sigyn. She's actually shielding Loki by catching the venom in the bowl. However, when the bowl is full she has to dump the poison off to the side, and in those moments drops from the snake hits Loki's eyes (or eye sockets now) and his thrashing around is what causes earthquakes, but the fact that it takes a while for the bowl to fill up is why earthquakes are rare. Also, Loki is bound in place by his son's intestines.

Which is a long way to say that the Norse had some REALLY hosed up legends.

Ah oops, thanks, yeah I misremembered that because Loki curses at her while all that is going on (because Loki is a huge cock)

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Saitama just wants to get through his costume contest but a goon griefer decides to troll it

One Punch Man 44.5

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

We call that in superhero technical parlance "a distraction"

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

What kind of a maniac reads a valuable piece like that with their BARE HANDS :stonk:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Think of all the DIRT there must have been up there, building under construction etc :psyboom:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Say Nothing posted:

Jake Wyatt's Necropolis comic now has it's own website.

http://necropoliscomic.tumblr.com/

Did he just start it? Three pages so far?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Cloning Thor was one of the lowest points Marvel has ever sunk to.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

And then when Saitama finally shows up he gives Rider a sincere compliment, "You fought well." It was one of the highest points of the series :3:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Yeah the art is oddly pixelated, like it was scaled up. :shrug:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

You think that's grim, what if they'd actually done, y'know, AGE OF ULTRON instead of The Terrible Very Bad No Good Week of Ultron.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Overthinking this guys.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I think you mean

FUNCTIONAL STRENGTH

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Superstring posted:

Post avatar combo.

:vince:

I am totally not empty quoting or doing a single emoticon reply, and here is the proof:

don't ask how his knees and elbows can bend

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

HIGH OCTANE FUEL TANK

His suit is literally gasoline powered :allears:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

dordreff posted:

It's got "knee support and flexing actuator" RIGHT there dude. What, you don't have a flexing actuator?

I do not think my flexing actuator is very good at flexing my tibia but I am not a skilled powersuit operator I guess :shrug:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Well aside from the "lol his parents are dead bitch" aspect, Clark is just a really sweet guy and his mom laying that on him probably hits him like a ton of bricks. Bricks made of Kryptonite.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Maybe it will only bend them instead of breaking them.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

In itself it's a good message and it doesn't deserve to be crapped on.

e: I mean it's possible to be the voice of dissent and not be this guy

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Jul 4, 2015

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

... SPOILER ALERT.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

The sweating hair thing is only surpassed in the vein throbbing hair thing, I get chills.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Necropolis, by Jake Wyatt.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Nevvy Z posted:

I just keep comparing that to "YOU FORGOT TO REMOVE MY FINGERNAILS DUMMY" and this is so, so much better.

For the sake of balance

Ultimates 2 #10, apparently.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Re: the fingernail thing, it's basically a comics version of CRITICAL HIT!! In a way I respect it because it's an attempt to make Hawkeye badass aside from just being a gimmick dude with a gimmick bow, but yes, the modern version does it infinitely better (tbh like almost everything in the Ultimate line that I've ever seen).

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

It's an example of "No, you move" :v:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I don't like where that went :smith:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

CzarChasm posted:

Fixed, because here's Batman's dirty little secret: He doesn't fight fair. Sure, he knows between 6 and 100 different fighting styles, both armed and unarmed, but by and large, he's fighting nameless henchmen. Who maybe know how to throw and take the occasional punch. It's like playing an RPG and grinding until you're level 99, but instead of going to the final boss (who's a chump at this point) you decide to stick around the starting area, staring rats to death.

It's a little bit off the topic, but this doesn't really illustrate that Batman is a terrible character, it shows that RPGs are a terrible game genre.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Madkal posted:

Catwoman whipping him in the dick.

:ohdear:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Wolverine needs a fedora to tip.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I remember the Beyonder taking a poo poo was like, a multi page thing.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

The experience is consummated!

I bet he didn't know to flush.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

That Ignorant Sap posted:

From Wolverine Origins #28.

This is amazing, especially the last page has the kind of perspective that shows Hulk as "the walking earthquake" and makes you believe it. Awesome stuff!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

WickedHate posted:

The whole thing is really sad even with the exciting, awesome moments. Stuff like the end to the Slavers arc in particular is brutal and heartbreaking.

All the more reason the people who caused it deserved what they got and more. People who cause suffering is what causes them to require suffering in turn. I see myself as a very dedicated entomologist who wants to keep the insects from hurting each other because I care, and thankfully I also happen to greatly enjoy the process of eliminating the bad ones, for they who enjoy their job never has to work, am I right?

Not that I'm Frank Castle, but that's my views on justified schadenfreude.

Can all this, uh, whatever the gently caress this is, be done somewhere else, like a toilet or a garbage dump, thanks.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Also he's pretty sure he can't really help.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Madkal posted:

It is never stated but I always thought that the next stage from this would have the killers feel empathy for the first time in their life.

Whoa whoa whoa, we can't have comics about actually REHABILITATING people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Travis343 posted:

It would rule if we could not talk about WickedHate's dumb teenage attitude in every single thread in BSS

For real how does this keep being a topic? Please move past, and heal