Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Endless Mike posted:

Defenders #4

I hope it was intentional that right after a discussion on how silly it is that Japanese manga have sfx like "lean" an American comic is posted with sfx like "smash" and "smack" and everyone loves it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Murdering a harmless old man who was just indulging in his hobby of happily firing a minigun, disgusting

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Glad to see that over 250 pages in we're still observing the thread title :black101:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I'm pretty sure Thor is just an excuse for writers to write the most :black101: lines they can conceive of

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Don't forget that Peter Parker also got megacancer due to being bitten by, you know, a radioactive spider

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Man it's a cool scene but those faces.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Do you think there's a Bigger Bat entry in the in-universe Batman wiki

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Something about the way it's drawn makes the rex look like it's pasted in from something else, it's it just me?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

How do they know what being drunk is in the stone age

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I thought petit chou fleur was a term of endearment that also happens to mean cauliflower. I know no French but vaguely remember this exact same thing being discussed for the exact same reason when the TF2 Spy used it at the end of Meet the Spy.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I read a lot of manga and Chainsaw Man is still incredibly hard to read. I gave it an honest try and bounced off of it after a few dozen chapters.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

The other bonkers part is how they're putting out current stuff literally days after it drops in Japan. No more waiting weeks/months for official translations or having to go through a scanlation group that adds a bunch of swears for some reason.

I'm pretty sure that WSJ official translations release simultaneously with the Japanese magazine release. Unofficial scanlations are done using raws scanned from magazines stolen from the factories, at least they were up till a few years ago and I can't imagine things have changed much. There was an incident years back now where an English speaking fan tweeted at Tite Kubo (the mangaka of Bleach) how much he'd loved the development in the most recent chapter, to which Kubo replied basically "That chapter hasn't even hit shelves in Japan yet, you loving pirate"

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

It's A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, but anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

If the claws don't puncture/cut the teeth then it's purely the strength of Wolverine's mutant wrist glands or whatever squeezing to pop a snkt vs the strength of Black Panther's teeth roots, who knows what wins that battle